[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uranus

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Uranus2.jpg (98KB, 1720x1720px) Image search: [Google]
Uranus2.jpg
98KB, 1720x1720px
Uranus
>>
Dude holy shit how come I never thought of this

Your fortune: Outlook good
>>
WOW
>>
it's a big planet
>>
>>5366955

Urdubus
>>
File: 1484373498146.jpg (9KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
1484373498146.jpg
9KB, 250x210px
woah
>>
>>5366952
myanus is big
>>
>>5366955

fpbp
>>
>>5366952
For some strange reason I want to stick it in my panties
>>
my dad has a small penis
>>
how was i born
>>
da hell
>>
File: 1417980147823.jpg (15KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
1417980147823.jpg
15KB, 320x272px
>>5366988
>>
File: images (4).jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
8KB, 284x177px
>>5366988
>>5366977
Nice dubs
>>
File: latest.png (203KB, 977x851px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
203KB, 977x851px
>>5366952
Thats a nice egg you got there op. Would you mind if I had a go with it
>>
>>5367006
While Jupiter and Saturn are mostly composed of hydrogen and helium, the ice giant Uranus is much different. Instead, it is mostly composed of various ices, like water, ammonia and methane. The mass of Uranus is roughly 14.5 times the mass of the Earth.
>>
41 503 86 MORE
Far, far from the sun, Uranus has a blue-green atmosphere that hints at its makeup. One of the two ice giants, the planets composition differs somewhat from Jupiter and Saturn in that it is made up of more ice than gas.

Near-infrared views of Uranus reveal its otherwise faint ring system, highlighting the extent to which the planet is tilted.
Near-infrared views of Uranus reveal its otherwise faint ring system, highlighting the extent to which the planet is tilted.
Credit: Lawrence Sromovsky, (Univ. Wisconsin-Madison), Keck Observatory
The surface of Uranus

Like the other gas giants, Uranus lacks a solid, well-defined surface. Instead, the gas, liquid, and icy atmosphere extends to the planet's interior. Were you to land — and hover — at the point where the atmosphere transitions to the interior, you would experience less of a gravitational tug than you might feel on Earth. Gravity on Uranus is only about 90 percent that of Earth; if you weigh a hundred pounds at home, you would only weight 91 pounds on Uranus.

Advertisement

Uranus is the second least dense planet in the solar system, indicating that it is made up mostly of ices. Unlike Jupiter and Saturn, which are composed predominantly of hydrogen and helium, Uranus contains only a small portion of these light elements. It also houses some rocky elements, equal to somewhere between 0.5 to 1.5 times the mass of Earth. But most of the planet is made up of ices, mostly water, methane, and ammonia. Ices dominate because the vast distance to Uranus from the sun allows the planet to maintain frigid temperatures.

Your fortune: Average Luck
>>
A frigid core

While most planets have rocky molten cores, the center of Uranus is thought to contain icy materials. The liquid core makes up 80 percent of the mass of the planet, mostly comprised of water, methane, and ammonia ice, though it only extends to about 20 percent of the radius.

The internal heat of Uranus is lower than astronomers would expect. The planet's core heats up to 9,000 degrees Fahrenheit (4,982 degrees Celsius). This seems hot, but is in fact pretty cool when compared to the cores of other planets.

While other gas giants are powered by their cores, Uranus radiates almost no excess heat into space. One reason for this could be due to an impact soon after the planet's formation. The planet's current sideways rotation, spinning at a 90 degree angle compared to the other planets in the solar system, already indicates a collision. The impact could also have carved out a portion of the core, leaving it with a lower temperature.

A strange magnetic field

Movement inside of the core tends to drive a planet's magnetic field, but the field around Uranus is strange. Fairly weak, no indication of a field was recorded until NASA's Voyager 2 arrived at the planet in 1986.

Generally, a magnetic field shrouds the planet from its poles. On Earth, for instance, the geographic North Pole is very close to the magnetic North Pole. But Uranus, discovered in 1781, is tipped on its side, so that one pole or the other is pointed almost directly at the sun. The planet's magnetic field is offset from the poles by almost 60 degrees, creating a magnetic field that tends to be stronger at one pole than the other.

Although the magnetic field of Uranus is strange, it is not unique. Neptune, the other ice giant, boasts a similar magnetic field, leading astronomers to conclude that the core may not drive the fields.

Your fortune: キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!
>>
Rocky rings

Like all gas giants, Uranus carries a set of rocky rings around its equator. The thin strips, most only a few miles wide, are made up of tiny bits of rock and ice smaller than a meter. The planet has at least 13 known rings in two systems.

— Nola Taylor Redd, SPACE.com Contributor

Your fortune: Godly Luck
>>
FROM THE WEB
Secrets of Gilligan's Island Revealed: 54 Years Later
Michelle Obama's Leaked IQ Score Is Going Viral
Mechanics Are Furious About This New Device
Why Top U.S. Doctors No Longer Prescribe Metformin
Odd Chinese Remedy 'Destroys' Nail Fungus in 1 Day
Have You Seen These New 2017 Crossover SUV's?
The Unusual Link Between Coconut Oil and Alzheimer's
If You Own A Computer You Must Try This Game
5 Survival Secrets That We Lost To History!
AUTHOR BIO
Nola Taylor Redd
Nola Taylor Redd, Space.com Contributor
Nola Taylor Redd is a contributing writer for Space.com. She loves all things space and astronomy-related, and enjoys the opportunity to learn more. She has a Bachelor’s degree in English and Astrophysics from Agnes Scott college and served as an intern at Sky & Telescope magazine. In her free time, she homeschools her four children. Follow her on Twitter at @NolaTRedd

Nola Taylor Redd, Space.com Contributor on

Advertisement
LATEST ON WHAT IS URANUS MADE OF?

Advertisement

Advertisement
COMPANY
Company Info
About Us
Contact Us
Advertise with Us
Using Our Content
Licensing & Reprints
Terms of Use
Copyright Policy
Privacy Policy
NETWORK
Top Ten Reviews
Tom's Guide
Laptop Mag
Tom's Hardware
Business News Daily
Tom's IT Pro
Space.com
Live Science
Active Junky
ShopSavvy
AnandTech
FOLLOW US

SUBSCRIBE TO SPACE

enter email here ...
SUBMIT
Purch
Copyright © 2017 All Rights Reserved.

Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again
>>
On the underside of your refrigerator there is a switch. Reach under there and feel for it. Don't mind the dust clumps and the roaches. You'll know it when you feel it, it's a hard metal tab sticking out of a slot in the plastic underside. I will be set on the righthand side (when you're facing the fridge). If you switch it to the left, nothing will happen. Your appliances will continue to run, the floor won't open into a swirling vortex that leads directly into the deepest circle of hell. You won't even hear a hitch in the hum of the refrigerator. You will get up and brush off and go about your business, you may move out of your apartment and leave the refrigerator behind, switch set to the left like it doesn't even matter.

When you die, five years later, the fingers, toes, and eyes of an unidentified person will be found in your stomach.
>>
>>5367024

fortune Uranus

Your fortune: Good news will come to you by mail
>>
Very good thread i read it unironically
>>
>>5366957
For you.
>>
>>5366952
no uranus
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.