[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just finished writing this novel what should i call it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-03-11-171017.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-11-171017.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
just finished writing this novel

what should i call it?
>>
>>5273085
there's a title on the cover already
what are you talking about
>>
>>5273091
that's a bit long to be honest my friend
>>
>>5273085

how about "tool for simulating the appearance of intelligence" or "i could have read the wikipedia summary and still got in her pants"
>>
>>5273105
What didn't you like about it?
>>
File: sest.png (245KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
sest.png
245KB, 322x500px
>>5273085
I've got you covered.
>>
>>5273085
memebook for pseudo-intellectual hipster millennials
>>
>>5273408
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>5273422
dubs
>>
call it "i read the first 37 pages and then stopped lel"
>>
>>5273799
Why's that?
>>
>>5273799
noice dubs
>>
>>5273811
noice dubs
>>
Call it "pretentious wankery": a book by a Pretentious Wanker
>>
>>5273085
cuccboit 2: the cuccenig
>>
>>5273845
I don't really get this.
It's hardly Finnegans Wake; if not for its length it presents itself as and is immediately an entertaining read. I worry that the perceived pretention is based on its popularity rather than its content.
>>
>>5273401
Holy shiiiiiiiit lol
>>
File: ses.png (70KB, 675x530px) Image search: [Google]
ses.png
70KB, 675x530px
>>5273401
>>
call is slurp on my fat flactuous dick flap
>>
Infinitely a Jester
>>
>>5273085

▲▲

Newfags can't triforce
>>
{space} ▲
▲▲
>>
I wrote a book once with fellow /b/tards called Natural Coitus - What to do when she says "No"
I send it in to several booksondemand sites, but even they refused to publish it for it's disgusting content.
>>
>>5273886
We read it in the [s4s] book club once. I think the length does have to do with the public opinion, but even more the sheer size of the cast. The opening of the book introduces so many different threads that you might feel you have to keep straight. There are also a lot of jokes that aren't played up, so I (at least) always felt that there was something more to see if I just reread the last 50 pages. There's a lot of intimidating talk about the book, and if you want to believe that talk while reading it, the book does nothing to stop you.

You're completely correct, though. It's not Finnegans Wake. I'd say it's even more accessible than The Fifth Head of Cerberus. There's no need to keep a diary, or to put sticky notes in important sections, or to carry around a list of prerequisite reading, etc.
>>
>>5273395

nothing wrong with the book I just don't like how it's wielded by some people in the academic dick measuring contest. People who name drop this book in passing and can't talk about it seriously. I used to work at a library and we'd get copies of this returned with bookmarks left 1/3 or less into the book more than others it seemed. Idk what celebrity put this on their booklist but mainstream interest in this book has not translated to mainstream appreciation of literature and tbh that's what's given me my attitude. Maybe I was just born rude.
>>
>>5274255
dubles
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.