[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgotten memories Did they ever even happen in the first place?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_mc0xu6C22f1qbj9bko1_500.gif (978KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc0xu6C22f1qbj9bko1_500.gif
978KB, 500x362px
Forgotten memories
Did they ever even happen in the first place?
>>
Did anything ever really happen?
Yes, obviously.
>>
yes
>>
File: wind.gif (6KB, 148x175px) Image search: [Google]
wind.gif
6KB, 148x175px
>>5115376
Of course not. They are only the fabricated ramblings of your mind. You simply imagined them in your head.
>>
The researchers created “fake fake” news. That is, they invented some headlines that were the type of thing fake sites produce, but had never actually been published during the campaign. One of these placebo headlines was that “leaked documents reveal that the Clinton campaign planned a scheme to offer to drive Republican voters to the polls but then take them to the wrong place,” and its inverse in which it was the Trump campaign scheming to take Democrats to the wrong polling place.

There is some good news in that more people reported having heard, and believed, the true statements than the false statements. Only 15.3 percent of the population recalled seeing the fake news stories, and 7.9 percent recalled seeing them and believing them.

The more interesting result: Those numbers are nearly identical to the proportion who reported seeing (14.1 percent) and believing (8.3 percent) the placebos, the “fake fake” news stories. In other words, as many people recalled seeing and believing fake news that had been published and distributed through social media as recalled seeing fake news that had never existed and was purely an invention of researchers.

That’s a strong indication about what is going on with consumers of fake news. It may be less that false information from dubious news sources is shaping their view of the world. Rather, some people (about 8 percent of the adult population, if we take the survey data at face value) are willing to believe anything that sounds plausible and fits their preconceptions about the heroes and villains in politics.

“False remembering is incredibly correlated with people’s priors,” Mr. Gentzkow said. “One way to think about it is we know our memories are very imperfect. And if you ask me if I saw something, I’m partly asking myself how likely it is that I saw it. People are doing inference.”
>>
>>5115424
whao... deep
>>
>>5115431
mmmMmm namfog! i shall not respond to you シ
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 728x546px
does anyone else have memories which you're not sure whether they are real or just memories of dreams?
>>
>>5115376
Reminder that the world didn't exist before you were born and was made entirely to facilitate your existence.
>>
>>5116197
yes
>>
If you forgot something then something must have happened to forget it.
>>
I A M F A L L I N G
I A M F A D I N G
>>
>>5116325
just me? or the other guy reading this?
>>
>>5115376
you forgot to put Yuji Sakai in the namefield
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.