[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the enjoyment of [s4s]

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15

File: image.png (296KB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296KB, 999x999px
Serious question for all you figs out there.

Why do You enjoy [s4s]?

Reasons I enjoy it include:

- there is a lot less pressure to "hate everything always and forever" there

- shitposting there generally isn't malicious (I know shitposting it the point of [s4s] but there people are generally less dickish while doing it

- it's fun to make silly stories or image edits whether on my own or in response to something someone else posted

- it can be a nice place to take leave of your senses for a while. Sometimes I come up with good or fun ideas I normally wouldn't or by brain solves problems or realizes things in the background while I'm messing around on [s4s]

So I ask you figs that enjoy [s4s], why do you?
>>
It's like a frankenstein monster that somehow just became really nice to everyone instead of trying to kill them

secret real reason: (inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO)
before [s4s] ever existed, I found that coming to 4chan stoned is one of the best things ever. When [s4s] was invented it became the most amazing place to be stoned on the internet I've ever seen. You could just do crazy insane shit and people would make fake newspapers about it. To me, this board is basically predicated on the concept of "how do we increase the post count in a creative way." it's not really about a topic, or a goal, it's just about getting the numbers higher in a way that's amusing and interesting. i mean, that's just me, and I'm totally high right now so disregard this if you want
>>
>>4808083

I've never heard [s4s] described that way before. Thanks for giving me a new way to think about it.
>>
>>4808067
[s4s] is basically a giant, ever-changing, absurdist satire of Internet culture. Every post serves as a criticism of the circlejerkery and memery of Internet communities. When you view [s4s] with the eyes of a self-loathing satirist, you will understand it all. And because we've managed cultivate some sort of idiosyncratic culture in our little bubble. Nonpareil to anything else on the internet tbh. A strange mélange of a lampoon on popular internet culture, unspoken but universally understood misanthropy, a fraternal yet sardonic conviviality between users and an inarticulable undercurrent of potent irony.
s4s is fantastic
>>
>>4808174

I don't find it to be something that has developed with enough a self aware design in mind to be described in such language, but there is mockery, absurdity, and commentary to be had.
>>
File: emoji_sexface.png (121KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
emoji_sexface.png
121KB, 430x430px
why, my peanus weenus of course

hahah!

Why do You enjoy [s4s]?

it's my weeeeeenus peanus! hahah

my answer, of course, my peanus weenus

hahaha!
>>
>>4808067
>>4808083
>>4808174
this to be tbh. It's hard for me to put in to words how I feel about [s4s], but I think you have to really appreciate 4chan and 4chan culture in order to enjoy [s4s]. [s4s] is like an island isolated from the rest of the world. We're self sustaining but from the outside we look like a mess. The people here are, unironically or not, nice save for a few rudefigs (who I feel like are just pretending to be rude). The amount of dedication people have to this board is amazing to me. Heck, I have a hundred songs from the OC albumes in my music collection. I've saved over a thousand OC pictures. People spend X amount of time out of their life to create OC for what could be only a handful of people. [s4s] is an enigma of the best kind. never chance, [s4s]
>>
File: birb2.jpg (21KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
birb2.jpg
21KB, 236x349px
>>4808067
You pretty much explained it.

I usually post in boards in which angry shitposting is rampant and you can't like something or do something creative and nice without being flamed to death. So you need to have a place in which you can expel all the stress and anger generated from said boards. [s4s] is one of those boards in which people can't say bad things about it without looking like an asshole who hates nice fun things. This is one of the only boards in which everything is chill, fun, and nice. This place reminds me of the things I've heard about 4chan when it was in it's halcyon days.

It's just my thinking. Could be different for someone else.
>>
>>4808332
Banti tbh
>>
i lik funnis :)
>>
fuck u

Posted from my 20 13" Penis™ Pro
>>
File: 1380259978053.png (18KB, 654x532px) Image search: [Google]
1380259978053.png
18KB, 654x532px
I post with other people's namefigs and they become all flustered

hahahah
>>
File: 005.png (19KB, 814x636px) Image search: [Google]
005.png
19KB, 814x636px
i dont do weed or drugs but it's unironically nice to have a little community of nice people who I can call by name (anonymous is cool too i love you baby)
also I REALLY like attention :o)
>>
it's beneficial to my mental health
I seriouspost on other boards but I can't do that all the time tbqh
>>
Whenever i'm worried about something or stressed i come to s4s and it's kinda a distraction from all unneeded stress I get.
It is indeed fun to fight ironically on stupid topics.
You can joke around how much you want and nobody will really get offended because we all know it's fun.
Like almost every regular fig that visits [s4s] has created at least 1 OC , shit or not that is still amazing considering how shit the other boards are
>>
>>4808377
nice dubs
>>
File: 1470245412110.png (221KB, 656x703px) Image search: [Google]
1470245412110.png
221KB, 656x703px
>>4808067
>slow board, more time for creativeness
>lighthearted shitposting
>easygoing
>>
>>4808067
s4s hab love in it
>>
File: 1475201828219.gif (18KB, 392x245px) Image search: [Google]
1475201828219.gif
18KB, 392x245px
>>
>>4808378
>>4808367

yeah the board culture's stance on fun seems to be a big part of what sets [s4s] apart and makes it what it is.
>>
File: EXAMPLE.gif (1MB, 500x675px) Image search: [Google]
EXAMPLE.gif
1MB, 500x675px
>>4808537
>>
File: 1475415465194.jpg (271KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475415465194.jpg
271KB, 1000x1000px
I enjoy s4s mainly because when i found this place out i used to be a little depressed and /r9k/-ish but when i came here it put a genuine smile on my face and it made me laugh and have a good time since yall were very nice when i first posted here and thanks for that :-) ill always be here for you guys yall are like my family and thanks for that warm fuzzy feeling when i come here
>>
>>4809401
Hey thats a cute girl whats his name bb^^
>>
>>4809401
>>4809480
both of you need to die

I hate emotionally repressed zeros like you coming here when r9k and lgbt exists
>>
File: 1474295173852.png (375KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1474295173852.png
375KB, 512x512px
>>4809496
? What did I do ?
>>
>>4809518
you know what you do

im cute

im gay

tfw lonely

just stop

I bet you're likeable but you put on this facade thats like bile in my gut and it turns to cement I just go "uggh..."
>>
>>4809520
Oh ok
>>
>>4809520
>im gay
Never said that here
>im cute
I always deny that
>tfw lonley
I actually have a lot of friends
Unless you know me elsewhere I think you're making stuff up pal
The last weird thing I did someone asked me to put a shoe on my hand
sorry if I offended you friend,.
>>
>>4809535
please post picture of shoe on hand thanks
>>
>>4809590
only if catfish won't bully me
>>
File: 1440357864345.jpg (78KB, 849x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1440357864345.jpg
78KB, 849x1000px
I have to say that I have visited here a few times and I just don't...get it? But I do respect it.

My question is where exactly is the entertainment factor on this board? I frequently see posts that aren't coherent and the same thing posted hundreds of times, like some ancient language. Are you even able to explain how you derive entertainment from s4s?
>>
>>4809496

Go away roodposter
>>
/s4s/ sincerely reminds me of the early /b/ days
>>
>>4809651

Well part of it is having a high tolerance for absurdity and things that don't tickle your fancy.

Enjoy what you enjoy and let the rest be.
>>
>>4809916
He has good intentions! Dont be mean
>>
>>4809922

I am not so sure, but ok. I will stop for now.
>>
this is a shit board and you should feel bad
>>
also gay

Your fortune: Better not tell you now
>>
>>4809920

I've heard this before.

What do you think keeps us from becomming like new /b/?
>>
File: wooogie.jpg (485KB, 700x1244px) Image search: [Google]
wooogie.jpg
485KB, 700x1244px
>>4808083
this guy is pretty right, I enjoyed it when it was younger, it felt like the right place for me for some time. At the same time alot of it was other regular users, there was a place where I grew up, a shopping plaza and there was a library across the street and a bunch of woods and all the weed lmao kids and the emo kids and the wigger kids and long haired hippy kids like me would just go there everyday and no matter what day it was, if you could get there you could run into people who knew you and you knew them in this offhanded but nice sort of way. I think my generation was the last to have places like that in irl, there was lots of drugs but little violence, mainly we just pissed the police off but even they enjoyed us sometimes I think. We made our own jokes and poked fun at one another and started feuds and wars and whatnot. Now those places are on the internet and we stay home.

I was really into this place, the only real effort I have ever put into making music I made here, I mean I play alot and I'm highly skilled but I don't try to write songs, I just play. Those were fond days. Pic is a young fig me who had been up all night on adderall trying to write an [s4s] masterpiece, 2 years or so ago.
>>
It gives me warm fuzzies, others have articulated it better than I ever will, but this place makes me genuinely smile. I love you all.
>>
File: 4chan_fgt_hat_day_14.jpg (39KB, 393x599px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_fgt_hat_day_14.jpg
39KB, 393x599px
>>4809920
so honored rn
>>
File: _20160917_175739.jpg (36KB, 360x355px) Image search: [Google]
_20160917_175739.jpg
36KB, 360x355px
idk I guess imageboard culture just runs in my veins I guess
>>
>>4809955
good double
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.