[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glassblowing Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1466908081652.jpg (47KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466908081652.jpg
47KB, 540x960px
It's been a while since I've posted one of these.
Are any glassblowers still frequenting /s4s/?Post some of your work.
If not, some of you definitely need to get into it. Once you are trained the gap between imagination and execution is pretty tiny. Definitely a superior medium in my opinion.

Anyways, I got these perfume bottles done yesterday, and I think they turned out pretty decent.
>>
whats more satisfying shaping it or the finished prodcut? ive always been into crap like smithing and glassblowing : ^ )
>>
>>4640196
How do I get into glass? I'm not sure about all that heat and stuff tbvh.
>>
>>4640200
Nice dubs!
>>
>>4640201
Not trying to shill my site here, but I've done some small-scale scientific glassblowing if anyone's interested. Mainly making vacuum tubes (pic related). I've made a thread here before about it.

http://simplifier.neocities.org/

For those of you just starting out, you can do quite a lot with neon sign tubing (the lead-free kind, leaded glass gets ugly fast) and an ordinary blow-torch. You won't be able to make anything very large (3/4" tubing was challenging to work with) but it's a good way to learn how glass behaves, and it's cheap ($15 for the torch and $50 for a box of glass from brillite).

I'm in the process of upgrading my equipment right now; I just built a new torch, and I'm in the middle of building a glass lathe, but I should be back to making stuff within a month or two. Planning to make some stuff out of beer bottles just for fun, then start working with pyrex. I hope this thread stays open that long; glass is a really cool material and I'm happy to see it getting popular, especially for making things that aren't bongs.
>>
>>4640207
I watched some guy at some renn faire thing do glass blowing. Tbh I don't want to burn my tits off but that is kewl imo.
>>
>>4640196
blow me an anime figure
>>
>>4640210
It would really help if you at least included:
1) size and thickness of the object you need (drastically different heat sources are use for different sizes)
2) if the type of glass matters (modern glass is cheaper and better overall, but you can recycle "original" glass if you have that)
3) where exactly are you. Shipping from Europe into Japan is slightly more complicated than shipping from PA to NJ, you know.
>>
>>4640196
awesome!! how do i get into glassblowing? j want to start right away
>>
glASSblowing lol
>>
>>4640214
so are you saying it's possible?
>>
>>4640280
Yes
>>
File: il_570xN.606197371_2npe.jpg (99KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.606197371_2npe.jpg
99KB, 570x760px
I have a piece of chalet glass. exactly like this. it's beautiful
>>
>>4640196
what is "hobbies you suggest to your wife," alex?
>>
What are your opinions on glass S U C C ing?
>>
>>4640196
Beautiful!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.