[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCD Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: 1504576155424.gif (993KB, 924x507px) Image search: [Google]
1504576155424.gif
993KB, 924x507px
Any other OCD anons here? I'm debating on going to the doctors and getting the SSRI pills or not. Anyone currently taking them wanna share their experience with them?
>>
>>39662416
>tfw a thread like this literally doesn't get replies while sissy trap threads and other normie faggotry get 200+posts
fuck this place
>>
>>39662416
>tfw you get obsessive over a girl who REALLY like you a lot, but you creep her out so much she blocks you
>>
>>39663137

Unfortunately, Our culture is being replaced.
>>
>>39662416

I'm not sure if I'm OCD but I can't seem to break rituals and routines
>>
>>39663151

>tfw all you want is a clean and comfy world.
>>
>>39663194

Does breaking the rituals and routines give you anxiety? Do you get intrusive thoughts?
>>
>>39663225

Sort of, I feel lost.
>>
>>39663225

Do these rituals take up a significant portion of your day?
>>
>>39663257
Replied to myself instead of you.
>>
>>39662416
My rituals come and go. Most of the time I can keep it somewhat controlled to just doing them at home, but sometimes they leak out into public places. It sucks when it happens because people look at suspiciously like I'm up to something. I think it could be my stress levels, the more stressed I am the worse they get.

My rituals are usually relating to ensuring something is in order so it won't fall over or won't go wrong in some way.
>>
>>39663342

My rituals are checking but as my anxiety gets worse my cleaning rituals flare up. I can relate to making sure that something is properly set up and won't go wrong in some way. That's probably in my top 3 rituals.
>>
>>39662416
Those shills will just force you to use pills for the rest of your life while fucking up your personality untill it fits their standards
>>
>>39663413

That's I'm afraid of. Taking pills forever and being labeled with OCD/mentally ill. I've read that pills turn you into a zombie-esque state where the world just passes by you and you don't really feel anymore.
>>
>>39663481
Not just that, most of the pills don't have any permanent effect, ensuring that you come back for more. Pharmaceutical industry are essentially drug dealers, except their shit costs more.
>>
>>39663524

I'm looking for ways to curb my anxiety. I'm not sure where to go.
>>
>>39663553
Don't know if it works in the states, but I never got officially diagnosed, just a prescription. Not that I took them anyway.

Look for someone you can trust.
>>
OCDbros, look into (myo-)inositol treatment. It's a non-essential vitamin but I've been looking into some literature and it seems to be a promising med for our dumb affliction. It's also safe and side-effect free so probably too good to be true, but look into it lads.
>>
Pills fucking suck, I cant go off of them without flipping out and going suicidal, but it might just be me. At least they are cheap.
>>
>>39663575

I've tried to vape weed like a faggot and it seems too work somewhat.
>>
>>39663635
Junkie degenerate. Disgusting.
>>
>>39663553
What are your anxieties related to? Mine are social and feeling not in control of something that could effect me very negatively.
>>
>>39663225
>Does breaking the rituals and routines give you anxiety?
not him but I get depressed when for example I need a certain clothing but my idiot mom grabbed it to wash it without telling me so I lose several minutes searching for it. Or when I grab cutlery and I look it closely and it's dirty. When something like this happen I feel my head shutting down a bit and I feel tired and depressed, but I wouldn't say anxiety
>>
>>39663656

Not a huge fan of it. Looking to go into some meditation practices to see if that works. Even if it is a meme Id rather try it to see if it helps me out of this depressing hell hole that is my mind.
>>
>>39663635
Honestly I feel like weed could probably help, if only it were legal in my state. I don't want to give money to a degenerate dealer and fuel a criminal enterprise. If only it was something you could buy from the store like booze.
>>
>>39663701

Seeing things that are dirty and wanting to clean them. Checking my wallet constantly in public to see if I have everything. Checking my pockets to see if I have my phone,wallet, keys. Checking locks on doors. Going to the bathroom in public is a difficult thing for me to do. Not a huge fan of touching doorknobs. Social situations give me extreme anxiety.
>>
>>39663797

It has some success but then you constantly have to smoke it to feel relief which turns people into degenerate stoner fags.
>>
>>39663734

If you have actual anxiety or depression you can't meditate. It might work for a normal person but a mentally can't. If I try to do it only makes me feel worse since my thoughts in general are toxic. It's boring and pointless. You just get more easily overwhelmed by intrusive thoughts since you don't have any distractions, just sitting there alone with your thoughts.
>>
>>39663715
Yeah when someone would move or change something in my space without my permission that would just potentially cause a new ritual for me.

When my rituals flare up it makes me tired too. I hate it, all my energy just gets zapped away.
>>
has anyone else has intrusive thoughts about being gay?
>>
>>39663853

Intrusive thoughts are very common for me. Everyday in fact. My mind begins to race and I get overwhelmed. So doesn't look like meditation will be helpful.
>>
>>39663894

Mine are about my family dying and me being alone.
>>
>>39663894
*had orifikjsi
>>
>>39663806
>constantly checking pockets for phone wallet and keys
Yep me too. Loosing any of those things would send me into quite a panic, and bad panics make me tired and shit down.
>>
>>39663939
*shut

Danggit autocorrect, although funny.
>>
>>39663939

I've started to buy and wear black jackets with zipper pockets so I cant store my items in them and feel safe that they are more secure then being in my pockets. It has given me some relief but I still check constantly.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (14KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
14KB, 800x450px
>no control over your own thoughts or actions
>the harder you try to fight it, the stronger its grip you becomes
>painfully aware of it all and being unable to do anything about it

OCD is hell
>>
>>39664007

It consumes you.
>>
>>39663894
I do. I'm also lately horny as hell all the time I fap a lot of every day. And the fact that sex is spammed massively and constantly on tv and the internet doesn't help much you know. Look at all the sissy trap threads on this board. It perverts you. You wouldn't believe how guilty and dishonored I feel after jerking off to the idea of myself crossdressing. it makes me even more depressed
I must also say I have rarely left the house in the last monts after coming off benzos and staying here alone all the time drives me insane. Actually I'm not even alone, that'd be a blessing, I live with mom and occasionally other family members
>>
>>39663973

I also wear water shoes while I shower. It helps somewhat.
>>
does OCD try to lie to you and convince you that what you're worrying about is actually true? because I think I have it, though undiagnosed
>>
>>39663879
>When my rituals flare up it makes me tired too. I hate it, all my energy just gets zapped away.
really? so i'm not the only one? I haven't been diagnosed with OCD or anything though but so far and it's obvious i have depression and anxiety. I have only been given benzos in a mental hospital ward for insomnia and took them for three months, then I just quit it cold turkey and haven't had the energy to call a psychiatrist and make an appointment ever since.
I'm also a bit scared of pills now
>>
>>39664092

In a way it does. Part of it is preforming rituals to prevent certain events from occurring.
>>
>>39663973
That's a pretty good idea actually.

Somehow this isn't original
>>
>>39664377
and when you do, do you feel a few seconds of euphoria? then they come back a few minutes later?
>>
>>39664398

I suggest acquiring one. Helps ease the anxiety.
>>
>>39664414

Not euphoria but relief is a better description. I feel like that event will no longer occur but then its an endless cycle.
>>
>>39664432
Well for me as an example, intrusive thoughts enter my mind then I have to keep going over and over in my head why they aren't true then a few minutes later the same thoughts will be back again and I have to do the same thing in a cycle.
>>
>>39664116
OCD is a side effect of depression and anxiety, I too know I have these things but am too afraid to medicate because I'm afraid of the side effects, and I don't fully trust the pharma companies. I would much prefer natural solutions like meditation and or natural/traditional medicines.
>>
File: attention.png (134KB, 805x714px) Image search: [Google]
attention.png
134KB, 805x714px
>>39663626
someone had better fucking read this aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>39664482

Yeah, that's part of the intrusive thoughts. I do that constantly. It's an OCD symptom.
>>
File: david-bowie-blackstar-1240x710.jpg (57KB, 1240x710px) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie-blackstar-1240x710.jpg
57KB, 1240x710px
>>39662416
ocd is ruining my life, my tics/rituals and intrusive thoughts are constant from the moment i wake up and they are fucking my physical health beyond belief. i need meds but im scared they will just make it worse somehow
>>
>>39664518

Never thought of OCD itself as a side effect. A lot of side effects of the SSRI's are insomnia and a change of eating habits.
>>
>>39664605

What kind of tic do you have? My tic is rubbing my hands together with my fingers intertwined. This has cause calluses on the side of my fingers.
>>
>>39664558
I read it. Ill look into it and give it a try.
>>
>>39664605
what kind of intrusive thoughts?
>>
>>39664663
clicking my jaw, blowing on my wrists and clicking my neck. also, if i feel a pain anywhere in my body (which i often do thanks to these fucking constant tics) i have to recreate it over and over until it feels right- i want this all to stop
>>
>>39664756

I hope we all find relief from this illness anon.
>>
>>39664703
they honestly differ each day, but they are mostly health related. for example, if i see a picture of somebody in a wheelchair, my mind will constantly leap to "if i dont do this certain action then i will end up that way" i also fear that my subconscious will do everything to get me to that state and i cant do anything about it
>>
>>39664039
transsexual ocd? I have heard about people having that
>>
>>39665722
It is a sexual ocd type yes. I only feel it when Im alone tho. When im around people especially girls it doesn't affect me at all. Damn
>>
>>39662416
Severe OCD diagnosed here.
Don't take the SSRI's anon, they will turn into an unemotional zombie, trust me. Therapy is the best option, but honestly even that doesn't really cure it. The only way I've managed to lessen some of mine is by personal experience and growth
>>
File: 1.jpg (7KB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
7KB, 200x169px
Does anyone else have the OCD where you can't stop looking up word definitions? I know it's really weird but I can't stop.
>>
>>39665743
how long have you had it? origiglkma
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.