[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you grow out of metal music?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 14

File: metalhead.jpg (83KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
metalhead.jpg
83KB, 500x375px
When did you grow out of metal music?
>>
File: evile.jpg (184KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
evile.jpg
184KB, 600x400px
>>39652768
26 hasnt happened yet
That teen drama character reminds me an awful lot of matt drake
>>
but what else would you listen to besides metal, rap?
>>
I haven't, but I did donate the long hair to charity since maintaining it was becoming a hassle.
>>
>>39652768

I'm 30 and I still listen to metal when I'm feeling edgy. But more importantly I listen to hardcore (especially Hatebreed) when I'm in the gym.
>>
never grew into it
>>
>>39652768
like 12, back when i listened to stratovarius, which i still enjoy

i listened to filosofem and i liked it though. i wouldnt call them metal but i enjoyed stabscotch and i think its a similar kind of crowd, so i could probably get back into it if i wanted
>>
>>39652768
There's too much different kinds of metal. You could grow out of anything with death growls or whatever but there's still stuff like Soundgarden that undeniably holds up.The relevant question is will people grow out of trap rap?
>>
>>39652768
never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywNy61ELqZ0
>>
>>39652768
I got into it when i was like... 12 or 13. I felt it was a very mature type of music.

I started forgetting about it by mid college... so around 21-22?

Now I'm 27 about to turn 28 and I'm getting back into it, not as before tho. When I was a kid I was playing the character, long hair, shitty beard, wearing "metal" attires. Now I couldnt care less, I still go to free concerts and shit, but probably wouldnt pay for a band anymore.
>>
i just stopped listening to music all together
however
some death metal for early mornings and public transportation
and some music for me and the bf when e chilling;and that's once every four months in average
and that's about it
>>
when I was 13
turned into a weeb that year
>>
>>39652768
I never grew into it in the first place
I like disco music and italo-disco
>>
>>39652768
Never did, Actually I listen to dark metal and gore metal.
Suicidal tendencies Frankies got a gun.
>>
>>39654313
>I like disco music and italo-disco
Somehow you managed to have worse taste in music than you could've had listening to metal
>>
I only grow out of genres, or bands sometimes. Late twenties, I stopped listening to power and classic heavy, that's it.
>>
>>39654313
Amazing how you faggots say you like music but sit on one FUCKING ONE genre.
Get fucked.
>>
>>39654374
When you dwelve deeper than the meme cliche 1970s songs it's actually a very interesting thing to study and enjoy

>>39654412
Fuck off, I can listen to about any genre except rap and metal, even tame rock from the 70s is good enough
>>
File: 1502233009563.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1502233009563.gif
408KB, 500x345px
>>39652768
I grew out of it a couple months ago. Now I only listen to classical music. Metal caused me a shit ton of anxiety.
>>
>>39654235
damn.. what a poser
>>
>>39652768
the summer of my first year of college . i must have been 18. back at my parents place, i noticed i had left my cd of megadeth's countdown to extinction. i liked a few songs a lot but only shortly, like sweating bullets... after a week or two i guess i had to admit it was a weaker album than the others, or they had "peaked" or i was just too busy with other genre of music that were just more captivating, deep, creative ... that made me think i can be a man in a way that is valid that is alternative to the metal way (tough demeanor, very conservative regarding music, rigid code of what a real man is, what is authentic living and so on). i just sed "eh", and moved on without metal in my life.
>>
>>39654448
>I can listen to about any genre except rap and metal
Whats your thoughts on my favorite album right here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw
people who say shit like you are should stick to listening to video game music.
>>
31. I discovered other music and my metal tastes have changed, but I still love it. When it's serious, it is pretty mature and when it isn't, it doesn't try to take itself too seriously either.
>>
>>39654498
i just remembered i felt a bit melancholic about it even if i was fine with it... countdown to extinction was a nice track to say goodbye to metal
>>
>>39652768
never did
the metal will live on
>>
File: birdonbarrel.jpg (67KB, 1080x718px) Image search: [Google]
birdonbarrel.jpg
67KB, 1080x718px
When I found true beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-nxW9qBtxQ
>>
>>39652768
I just listen to hipster post metal now.
>>
>>39654511
>robot is buttblasted because I listen to an extinct 40-year-old music genre

I really don't give two flying fucks about your memes
>>
File: 1503423033237.png (50KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503423033237.png
50KB, 200x200px
>29
>starting to get into metal

What did I mean by this?
>>
I listened to some of it when I was 13 or so, stopped at 14-15. It never really was my thing, now I just listen to old eurodisco and Frank Sinatra.
>>
File: 1504310881174.jpg (81KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1504310881174.jpg
81KB, 850x1280px
>>39654573
>weeb ''''''music'''''
Seems like a downgrade, hehe.
>>
>>39652768
If by grow out you mean get into other genres but still enjoy metal then yes.
>>
>>39652768
Here's a more pertinent question:

exactly WHEN did you have such a self perception of a lack of masculinity, that you were trendy enough to actually grow INTO that bullshit crap genre?

(It's painfully obvious that you grew out of it after you realized that it didn't impress females and it certainly didn't make you seem like you're masculine)
>>
File: IMG_0201.jpg (205KB, 960x954px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0201.jpg
205KB, 960x954px
God, I WISH I had a boyfriend like the OP pic.

Too bad I go to a predominantly Asian / preppie school and Ann a frumpy nerd.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>39654706
Nice dude have some Evile https://youtu.be/eegUWZb8fEg?t=51
>>
Lol @ being SUCH a poser with no taste in anything, that you felt the need to spray paint yourself with a trendy fashion statement, hoping that you would suddenly be perceived as intimidating and Macho

... Especially when you consider the fact that the trend you spray painted yourself with represents immaturity and sexual inexperience....

.... If I told you eating dog shit made you appear intimidating, would you want mayonnaise or mustard on it?
>>
>>39652768
What exactly should should I be listening to instead that's supposedly so much better and supposedly so much more socially acceptable?
>>
>>39654374
Giorgio Moroder is a god, and i'm considered a "metalhead"
>>
>>39654706

Diversifying your music portfolio nigga. It's the true patrician path. What you listening to these days?
>>
>>39654885

Giorgio moroder stopped being considered a god decades ago

And instead of wasting so many characters faces typing out the words and instead of wasting so many character spaces typing out the words 'metal head', wouldn't it be easier just to type GAY ?
>>
tripfaggot calling others gay, you don't even deserve a you
>>
>>39654975

Its not really a matter of me calling you gay....

It was your own choice into spraypaint yourself with the embarrassing trend known as 'metal'....

Perhaps if this was 1983 you'd be...
Ughhhh.... Nope...

Metal was gay as fuck back then, too...

Come to think of it... Exactly WHY did you decide to sprayp aint yourself with such a ridiculous embarrassing fashion statement?

Have you been blaming other people this entire time for your own stupid humiliating decision?
>>
I don't exclusively listen to metal anymore, but do still listen to it quite a bit. really like the old school heavy metal/black metal stuff these days, like Mercyful Fate, Venom, Bathory, etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAjsxg9V8sQ
>>39654940
go back to sucking trucker cock for meth, faggot
>>
I stopped listening to it as often when I turned 20-ish. I still like it, but I have come to prefer electronic music without vocals in it as my music of choice when playing video games or walking or whatever.
>>
I'm still into metal,but waaaay less than before.Most of it is recycled and boring.
The only genre that i dislike is black metal,Most black metal fans are complete morons.
>>
>>39655269

Lol @ Mercyful Fate, Venom, Bathory, etc being 'old school' !!!

.... You remind me of the little pre teen rave kids talking about 'the scene back in the day'.....

.... And I always ask them "what day?... Last Tuesday?"

It's adorable watching someone pretend like they have some kind of historical reference point, when they're still in the process of developing pubic hair
>>
>>39655442
and you remind me of some pathetic old hobo rambling about times he was too tweaked out and buried in AIDS dick to remember
>>
>>39655561
Lol

Coming from an admitted alcoholic and sexual failure like yourself, Sambo....

.... I found your words needlessly hurtful and with everlasting painful consequences on my part....

LOL

HEY SAMBO...

POST A PIC OF YOU AND YOUR BADASS GIRLFRIEND TOGETHER

NOW

let's see photographic evidence that a young yet already washed up, unemployed alcoholic,living with (mooching off of) his mother has a girlfriend

Don't keep me waiting, Sambo
>>
>>39655561
Awwwwwww
SAMBO !!!!!.....

Please don't tell me that you're incapable of producing photographic evidence that a female has any interest in you.....

AWWWWWWWW SAMBO....

..... Okay... Why don't you produce a photograph of you and your boyfriend together?....

.... Since you can't produce a photograph of you standing next to a female
>>
SEPTEMBER 10th 2017

The day that little bum SAMBO was proven conclusivey to be a sexual failure

.... At least now we all understand the alcoholism and self loathing
>>
>>39655561
IRONIC :

Metal is the crap genre of music most often chosen by sexless post adolescents, in the futile effort to spraypaint themselves as 'intimitating macho badboys', hoping it will gain the attention of a female, and mask their sexual and physical shortcomings...

AND SAMBO LIKES METAL

go figure.... Whodathunk?
>>
About 14. I still cringe when I think back on it. Cringe even harder than I see people who still haven't grown out of it and have long shaggy hair, pathetic pube beards and wear full leather.
>>
I gave up on shit like Disturbed and Slipknot when I was like 17 and stuff like Slayer and Megadeth when I was in my early 20s but I still love Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and cheesy power metal bands like Manowar and Hammerfall
>>
Dear little Sambo,
Perhaps you should ask your mother if she would buy you a new t-shirt that says 'PLEASE PRETEND IM RELEVANT'
>>
>>39656099
BRAVO, SIR !!!!!!!.....

GLAD TO SEE YOU'VE MADE PROGRESS
>>
>>39652768
>tfw hairlet
mirin that grill's hair
>>
JOIN ME IN THE FUNERAL PROCESSION FOR SAMBO'S SEXUALITY....

*Somber funeral music plays*

HOLD ON....

TO HAVE A FUNERAL FOR SOMETHING, IT MUST HAVE FIRST EXISTED....

my bad

Never mind
>>
>>39654706
>past the age of 20
>got into power metal

What on earth did I mean by that?

I admittedly have awful taste in music and just like anything that feels hype
>>
>>39652768
I didn't. I've been listening to it for years and always will.
>>
LOL @ ALL THE GIRLS SAMBO HAS BEEN INTERESTED IN WANTING TO DATE MY SON

(hack_blastard)

Oh well....

Talk about a blow to the ego

Sorry, lil Sambo
>>
>>39656273

Much like your failure due to a fear of failure, and the ironic inabilities with women, some old habits are just hard to break....

Right?....

(here's hoping that one day a female becomes interested in crap trendy metal music)
>>
LIL SAMBO IS INTERESTED IN CERTAIN FEMALES....

Unfortunately for him, all of those females are interested in MY SON...

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR LIL SAMBO?
>>
>>39652768
When I was 24.
I that if I wanted to keep my body odor in check I woudn't fit it, and all songs started sounding the same sometimes.
And dont get me started with "death" metal, those are just people mumbling on a mic with ze guitars

But what do i know, i'm a shitlord who listens to eurobeat
>>
https://youtu.be/CZ_VFJn2kJM
>>
>>39656444
>And dont get me started with "death" metal, those are just people mumbling on a mic with ze guitars
you were never a real metalhead
>>
>>39656405
I've got some advice for him. He should ask his mommy to buy him plastic surgery so he can look like your handsome son
>>
K rarely listen to metal, though i still enjoy some metal albums lile filosofem, Rust in peace and Tool
>>
File: 1497051551677.gif (967KB, 206x205px) Image search: [Google]
1497051551677.gif
967KB, 206x205px
>>39652768
Hardest music I listened to non-casually was Linkin Park and Breaking Benjamin and I grew out of that when I became 14.
>>
>>39652768
The same time you'll move out of your moms house.

never
>>
>>39652768
Never listened to it in the first place because it's always fucking garbage.
>>
>>39656462
RE: NOT A REAL METALHEAD-

Are you suggesting he actually might have sex with a female one day?

.... Or are you simply suggesting he has actual TASTE in music thats not dictated by the most recent fashion trends?
>>
>>39656462
OH I GET IT...

you were inferring that he actually has an external penis ?
>>
>>39655870
>>39655928
>>39655982
>>39656093
>>39656135
>>39656229
>>39656287
>>39656405
this kids, is why you should never do meth, especially if you're so poor and ugly you need to take 1000 dicks a day to afford it. decades of STDs and stimulant abuse has seriously deteriorated Mr Neptune's brain, and has given his son severe birth defects which make him an even bigger whore than his dad
>>
>>39656233
But powermetal is cool, r-right?
>>
Hi... Please notice my stupid hair and my stupid black 'cool toughguy' t-shirt, and please don't notice my acne or laughable inability with chicks

ROCK ON !!!
IM EVIL !!!
IM INTIMIDATING!!!
>>
>>39656662
i wounder who could be behind this postt
>>
I find to like many different music genres easily.
>>
File: tumblr_n09rarzoio1sgnfa7o1_500.jpg (179KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n09rarzoio1sgnfa7o1_500.jpg
179KB, 500x598px
I have memories of blasting Emperor whenever someone in the dorm played rap music too loud.

Sometimes I'll put on Opeth for old times' sake but I mostly listen to classical, americana, and shoegaze stuff these days.
>>
>>39656620
LOL @ SAMBO'S FACE WHEN HE REALIZES ON APRIL 21st I ENDED MY LONGSTANDING TRADITION OF PRETENDING IM A DRUG USER

(Its almost as pathetic as the face he makes every time he realizes the females he's interested in are only interested in my son)

....I haven't ever even SEEN meth inreal life, let alone DONE any

Hahahaha

POOR LIL SAMBO
>>
>>39656620
Johnny Neptune is GOAT. How about I kick your ass?
>>
POOR LIL SAMBO

HIS MOMMY TOLD HIM IF HE WANTS TO LOOK LIKE MY SON AND GET THE GIRLS, TO GET A JOB AND PAY FOR HIS OWN PLASTIC SURGERY

... And a liver transplant would come in handy, considering the cirrhosis
>>
Okay okay okay
So I'll admit that all the girls I've ever been interested in have expressed a sexual interest in Johnny Neptunes son

And out in with my mother has financed every one of my wasted futile desires and so called 'needs'

And I will admit that I have early onset cirrhosis, and an ironically small penis

But I have a pretty cool black heavy metal black skull t-shirt, and I think it says something on it its supposed to make me look evil and intimidating, so there's a slim possibility that one of these days, I'll inadvertently bump into a female who is so out of touch, that she might actually think I'm cool...

... But I'm a realist, so I'm not holding my breath
>>
>>39655449

Proof that JN is....

Ummm....

...hmmmm, well...

That he's funny as shit
>>
File: I SAID STOP IT.jpg (124KB, 565x457px) Image search: [Google]
I SAID STOP IT.jpg
124KB, 565x457px
Jesus fucking christ Johnny, try and do something productive when you smoke meth instead of shitting up half the threads on the board
>>
>>39658085
normally he is doing something productive, but it's a slow day at the truckstop
>>
I still like it.With time I gained interest in other genres of music as well even normie shit.
>>
I'm 25 and I still find the shows to be fun to go to. Tired of going alone though I just feel even more lonely then sitting at home.
>>
File: 1498706968167.jpg (214KB, 746x718px) Image search: [Google]
1498706968167.jpg
214KB, 746x718px
i love both samson and neptune, this hurts like watching mom and dad fight again
>>
File: 1448748785480.png (425KB, 428x777px) Image search: [Google]
1448748785480.png
425KB, 428x777px
Is this the namefag thread?
>>
>>39660232
just some literal schizo crackhead that shits up every thread he touches.
>>
>>39652952

classical music, anon. it's the best form of music. anybody who says otherwise has never written a song before. classical allows for much more long term and short term phrasing and structure.

also classical>>>>>>>jazz. jazz musicians are failed classical musicians.
>>
Grow out of it? What is there to grow out of? It's the best type of concerts to go to and find metal heads to be friends with.
>>
>>39652768
Still listen to metal. I grew listening to metal due to my parents and older brother but as I gotten older, I listen to all types of music. My favorite type of music other than metal when I was young was Techno and Jazz or Classical music. I never got into rap until like Middle school or High school.
>>
I'm still listening to it, started at 14 I'm now 23 and starting to listen to heavy metal and punk more than my usual death/black metal.
>>
>>39652768
A year before I hit puberty.
>>
>>39659230
>love neptune
why? even his own son doesn't love him
>>39660410
metal and classical intersect quite a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1HOE3FIQ7w
>>
I still listen to metal but I also listen to tons of other stuff now.
I grew out of the metalhead look when I was like, 16 though.
>>
>>39661656
im not saying metal is bad im just saying that classical is better.
>>
>>39661917
and I'm showing you metal with elements of classical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt9_UozZxJA
>>
I was newer into metal
>>
Still do. I don't have long hair or wear band shirts or anything though
>>
MUSIC BREAD MUSIC THREAD
MODS DELETE THIS /MU/ THREAD
BEFORE MORE TEARS ARE SHED

MODS MODS MODS
>>
time for some more classic black metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5CP0c4KJg
>>
Normies said that they dont understand a word in metal, while their so-called understandable songs have meaningless lyrics.
>>
I don't know if I'd say I gre out of it, because I don't dislike metal.
But ever since o got into my 20s I listened to metal a lot less.
>>
now time for some trve kvlt 1960s svrf metal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VlPDx_zDts
>>
I prefer Industrial desu
>>
>>39652768
i didnt really grow out of it, its not something to be ashamed of. if people have a problem with you listening to metal then tell them to fuck off. and i kind of got disinterested in it when i saw a couple of adrenaline inducing classical music
>>
>still listens to Cradle of Filth like a basic whore
>>
>Tripfag having a stroke ITT
What the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>39663590

This.

People who drop music they like out of embarrassment are objectively pleb tier.
>>
>>39652768
Still as into it as ever, but I never acted or dressed in accordance to the meatalhead stereotype so nobody knows unless they explicitly ask what I listen to,
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.