[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The values of 4chan.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: photo.jpg (73KB, 509x512px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
73KB, 509x512px
Greetings, r9k.

I want to quantify you. I bring to you a research test of personal values -- the most abstract, most dear beliefs that guide your lives.

You get your personalized value profile after completing the test, as well as some reference scores from a normal population. I get to play with your numbers.

Well, some 4chan data is already collected (about 400 responses), so I'll also show you what your peers are like. But I'll need about 400 more before I can run all the analyses that I want, so there's that.

If you're interested in who I am and what I do, shoot me an email at [email protected].

Here's the link: unipark.de/uc/personalvalues

Cheers.
>>
>>39651134
My dearest and most closely held value is that brown people and their culture should die. Fuck off, sub-human.
>>
So here is a value hierarchy that's based on 400 4chan responses:

1. Autonomy-Thought - 14.25
2. Autonomy-Action - 14.02
3. Security-Societal - 13.04
4. Benevolence-Dependability - 12.96
5. Benevolence-Caring - 12.92
6. Security-Personal - 12.62
7. Achievement - 12.23
8. Universalism-Concern - 12.15
9. Hedonism - 12.11
10. Universalism-Tolerance - 11.39
11. Face - 11.23
12. Humility - 10.88
13. Stimulation - 10.72
14. Universalism-Nature - 10.68
15. Conformity-Interpersonal - 10.32
16. Conformity-Rules - 9.96
17. Power-Resources - 8.73
18. Power-Dominance - 8.36
19. Tradition - 8.06

As you can see, you're pretty cuddly care-bears. Actually, this hierarchy is not all that different from your average student sample. Which, I guess, makes sense since most of you are students. However, fun differences: higher autonomy of thought, lower benevolence, lower face.
>>
File: marriage.jpg (68KB, 960x543px) Image search: [Google]
marriage.jpg
68KB, 960x543px
>>39651214
That's not a value. That's not even a goal, that's just something for make-a-wish foundation.

Anywho's, you don't have to be brown to follow the word of the Prophet.
>>
What populations are you sampling anon? Just /r9k/? All of 4chan? What's your major or concentration?

This doesn't make sense, I don't see any value in this because there's really no way for you to know the demographic background of /r9k/ or 4chan. And the population of 4chan changes all the time, constantly. For example - the average age might be younger during week days or during the day than it might be during the night, things like that.

And without knowing this what exactly is the point of the survey? Just to say "yeah, 4chan is pretty hedonist"? These metrics can't really describe what 4chan is like. And, if you have been posting this on multiple boards, every board is different and attracts a different population.
>>
>>39651281
You're likely some race-mixed flavor of brown trash from Hamburg or Berlin, pushing your vile garbage across Europe and beyond. Myanmar is just the beginning, sub-human. Prepare for a new crusade. And remember, traitors hang first.
>>
File: file.png (19KB, 1510x150px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
19KB, 1510x150px
also, what's with this OP?

why do you have no neutral catergory, why are there 4 positive and 2 negative?

>>39651374
what's happening in Myanmar anon
>>
>>39651336
I'm not sampling any population, but I'm collecting responses from all of 4chan.

The population of 4chan is actually pretty stable - it's mostly students in their early 20s, with occasional olderfags. But I'm not sampling anything anyway - I'm testing a research design, seeing how scales work, whether the patterns are what I'd expect them to be - and this data is perfectly fit for that end.

The stats that I publish are just for the public's general interest.
>>
>>39651399
That's called forced-choice questions. When the questions are somewhat challenging and abstract, people often opt to choose the midpoint instead of thinking. Taking that away makes them make a choice they're more comfortable, producing more meaningful data at the cost of introducing some artificial distinctions.
>>
>>39651399
The Burmese people are cleaning their country of the disgusting plague. Setting fire to mosques, kicking out the Muslims, and shooting at the fleeing roaches as they travel West. It's what should be done in every European country, and I can't wait for it to start.
>>
>>39651374
Racists are much like Christians - I mean, how do you even troll them? If you're delusional to that extent, all one can do is sigh and move on.
>>
File: file.png (132KB, 2349x1263px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
132KB, 2349x1263px
>>39651472
huh, I guess I would have chose the midpoint on a lot of questions if it was an option lol

what's the reason for these questions, which kinda all ask the same thing in different ways?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170910-221024.png (102KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170910-221024.png
102KB, 720x1280px
>>39651134
DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO NIBBER
Yeah, phoneposter here.
>>
>>39651590
Well, there's some difference between self-prediction (I expect), desire (I want), and intention. They actually correlate pretty weakly for how similar they are - so there are plenty of people for whom desires, expectations and intentions go different directions. If they coincide for you - good, you have easier time answering those questions
>>
>>39651614
Soz pal.

it's a compliance check. I'll double-check the answers of people who choose different answers (about 80% comply). If there are some Adolf Hitlers in open-ended questions, if all answers are "3" or something like that, I'll exclude the participant.

So pick whatever you wish, as long as your other answers are sincere it's fine.
>>
>>39651578
You and your pederast desert-religion are the absolute height of delusion, trash. I hope you remember this conversation before the end when you're pressed against the cold concrete wall.
>>
>>39651792
With all due respect, if there was something original about you I could have remembered. But you are repeating the same words every uneducated piece of white trash mumbles on their way to their concrete factory. So even if I wanted I wouldn't be able to remember you.
>>
Guys had higher Autonomy of Thought and Societal Security,
Girls had higher Hedonism, higher Conformity-Rules, higher Conformity-Interpersonal, Benevolence-Caring, Universalism-Concern, and Universalism-Tolerance.
>>
File: 1503679330807-pol.jpg (134KB, 708x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503679330807-pol.jpg
134KB, 708x960px
>>39651938
Your anonymous internet survey of an anime enthusiast forum doesn't make you part of the intelligentsia, you pompous shitter, and no amount of deflection will change the fact that your medieval war cult has no place in a modern society. Keep implying that I'm uneducated if it makes you feel more self-assured, but understand that your time is coming. You were warned.
>>
File: 1464297846188.jpg (99KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464297846188.jpg
99KB, 682x1024px
>>39652089
>Girls had higher Hedonism
no surprises there honestly
>>
Attached the wrong picture here.
>>
>>39652116
Is there more where that came from?
>>
>>39652094
My anonymous internet survey doesn't, my three graduate degrees and five-figure yearly grants do.

Islam is the religion of scholars, my anime enthusiast.
>>
File: Religiosity.png (64KB, 1030x590px) Image search: [Google]
Religiosity.png
64KB, 1030x590px
And that's 4chan straying from God.
>>
Autonomy of Thought - 14
Autonomy of Action - 8
Stimulation - 9
Hedonism - 8
Achievement - 14
Power-Dominance - 7
Power-Resources - 6
Face - 11
Security-Societal - 15
Security-Personal - 9
Tradition - 17
Conformity-Rules - 15
Conformity-Interpersonal - 15
Humility - 12
Benevolence-Dependability - 16
Benevolence-Caring - 16
Universalism-Concern - 15
Universalism-Nature - 9
Universalism-Tolerance - 16

Might as well post what I got to keep the thread alive.
>>
>>39652894
Thanks man, that's apperciated.

Tradition at the top of the hierarchy, very high benevolence and pretty high societal security -- are you some fellow Eastern European bro?
>>
>>39653028
No, Canadian actually.
>>
>>39652206
Islam is the religion usurpers and defilers, forever taking credit for the accomplishments of the productive civilizations they infest and destroy. Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc, etc. Your 3 degrees in gender identity and women's studies don't impress me. Again, if you're using a five figure grant budget to analyze a Congolese Fingernail Collection forum, you're producing exactly zero content of consequence. Even looking at your above self-admitted "pick and choose" methodology for your anonymous internet survey is laughable.

Bullets and fire are what your people have sown, and it is what you will reap. Prepare.
>>
>>39653069
Wow. I missed that completely, heh.

Well, that explains high universalism -concern and -tolerance though, won't see it it in Eastern Europe that much... If you don't mind saying, where in Canada?
>>
>>39651134
As someone who's familiar with social science research, you should probably distinguish between the respondents' primary boards. I also don't know how familiar you are with this place, but I get the feeling that you don't have enough inner knowledge about how it works to design a good experiment. In fact, I can already see that's the case given how you've primed responses with your OP - both identifying as an outside researcher and that picture "Muslims for Progressive Values". Or maybe that's the experiment. Are you counting on different responses based on showing that picture mentioning Muslims? Eg, maybe you expect higher Security-Societal scores. If so, I hope I didn't ruin your experiment :)
It's probably too late for any changes given you have 400 respondents already.
>>
>>39653176
Rural southern Ontario. That probably explains things a bit more.
>>
>>39653238
No-no, it's all cool.

I've been using imageboards in 2007-2010, haven't been here in a loong time. It changed. Also got much more normal, heh.

I'm not looking at averages and not trying to get a sample that represents anything, I've got pretty "all-human" hypotheses -- and this study is a pretest. I'm looking at how scales work, whether I get the relationships that I expect, this sort of stuff. It's incredibly helpful to be able to get 500 human responses for free over a couple of days though. I'm in big debt to everyone who replies.
>>
>>39653348
Hm. Well, somewhat, I guess - you would get more pro-social values from living in the country as compared to a big city, but still a weird constellation you wouldn't see often.
>>
>>39653369
Do you mean that your actual test won't specifically be on 4channers?
I am curious why you'd include that picture and continue to reply in ways that would likely influence responses you might get. You're still observing whether or not you'd get certain relationships, and the specific things I've mentioned are going to impact your results. I might shoot you an email using my school address.
>>
>>39653528
Sure, please do!
>>
>>39651134
What were you testing for with the Thailand question?
>>
>>39653793
I can't really say right now - that would affect future responses more than the OP pic, but if you're interested, you can email me and I will send a debriefing email after the data is all collected.
>>
>>39653752
Would you respond using your professional email as well?
>>
>>39653486
Well, I'm on /r9k/ for a reason. I'm a weirdo that's probably on the spectrum, and I don't live really live in the real world.
>>
>>39654211
I don't see the need - not that I'm hiding my identity too much - but if you want, yeah, sure.
>>
>>39652206
you must be trolling...
are mudkids seriously this moronic?
>>
>>39654438
I'm trolling in moderation. I'm not Muslim and not from middle east, but the rest is truthful.
>>
>>39654438
Yes they are, friend, that is why we prepare defense-squads in Poland, i have a group of my own, sleeping until the threat
>>
it's cool if i lie for every question, right? lying is a personal value to me. i enjoyed your survey. go fuck yourself.
>>
>>39654662
Hahah, nice one, i'll try it myself
>>
>>39654702
Be my guest, I've come prepared, Bernd.
>>
>>39651762
>>it's a compliance check. I'll double-check the answers of people who choose different answers (about 80% comply). If there are some Adolf Hitlers in open-ended questions, if all answers are "3" or something like that, I'll exclude the participant.
never saw an open ended question. is there more than one survey?
>>
>>39652089
>Guys had higher Autonomy of Thought and Societal Security,
>Girls had higher Hedonism, higher Conformity-Rules, higher Conformity-Interpersonal, Benevolence-Caring, Universalism-Concern, and Universalism-Tolerance.
i took the survey as a girl because i'm surveytrans.
>>
Self-Direction

Your Autonomy of Thought score is 3 as compared to the average of 13.65. People high on autonomy of thought value their freedom to cultivate their own ideas, creativity, imagination, and curiosity.

Your Autonomy of Action score is 3 as compared to the average of 13.95. Autonomy of action reflects the values of freedom to determine one's own actions, independence, and self-reliance.

Stimulation

Your Stimulation score is 8 as compared to the average of 12.3. The value of stimulation encompasses appreciation of excitement, novelty, and challenge in life.

Hedonism

Your Hedonism score is 8 as compared to the average of 13.17. People high on hedonism attribute more value to pleasure and sensory gratification.

Achievement

Your Achievement score is 8 as compared to the average of 12.24. People who score high on achievement are highly motivated by success according to social standards.

Power

Your Power-Dominance score is 3 as compared to the average of 9.63. People who value dominance value their control and power to constrain people's behavior.

Your Power-Resources score is 3 as compared to the average of 9.36. This value refers to the ability to control events through one's material assets.

Face

Your Face score is 3 as compared to the average of 13.23. People who are high on this value are concerned with maintaining and protecting their prestige.

Security

Your Security-Societal score is 3 as compared to the average of 12.54. The value of societal security stresses safety, stability, and order in the wider society.

Your Security-Personal score is 8 as compared to the average of 12.6. Personal security emphasizes the importance of good health, security of self and immediate surroundings, and avoidance of danger.

Tradition

Your Tradition score is 3 as compared to the average of 9.15. People who score high on tradition are motivated by maintaining and preserving cultural, family and/or religious traditions.
>>
Conformity

Your Conformity-Rules score is 8 as compared to the average of 11.91. This value reflects importance of proper behavior, compliance with expectations, self-discipline, obedience, and ability to meet obligations.

Your Conformity-Interpersonal score is 18 as compared to the average of 12.39. People who are high on interpersonal conformity value politeness, respect, and avoid upsetting or harming others.

Humility

Your Humility score is 13 as compared to the average of 10.53. People high on humility value recognizing their insignificance in the large scheme of things, stress modesty and acceptance of one's lot in life.

Benevolence

Your Benevolence-Dependability score is 8 as compared to the average of 14.52. This value refers to trustworthiness and reliability when needed by close others.

Your Benevolence-Caring score is 18 as compared to the average of 14.67. People who are high on caring show devotion to the needs of their close ones, helpfulness, honesty, and forgiveness.

Universalism

Your Universalism-Concern score is 18 as compared to the average of 12.39. People high on this value are motivated by equality, justice, and protection for people as a whole and especially the weak in society.

Your Universalism-Nature score is 18 as compared to the average of 10.11. Universalism-Nature refers to concern for preservation of the natural environment and striving for unity with nature.

Your Universalism-Tolerance score is 18 as compared to the average of 11.46. People who score high on tolerance value acceptance and understanding of all people regardless of their beliefs and differences.
>>
>>39651134
>Your Autonomy of Thought score is 15
>Your Autonomy of Action score is 10

>Your Stimulation score is 6

>Your Hedonism score is 8
>Your Achievement score is 8
Fucking normies. These shouldn't be in the double digits for anyone.
>Your Power-Dominance score is 11
>Your Power-Resources score is 5
>Your Face score is 12

>Your Security-Societal score is 7
Fuck this society. I want to tear it down and build a better one.
>Your Security-Personal score is 9

>Your Tradition score is 15
This bastard posted his survey on /adv/, letting the hedonists in. God is dead, and we killed Him.

>Your Conformity-Rules score is 9
Conforming to nonconformity doesn't make sense.
>Your Conformity-Interpersonal score is 11

>Your Humility score is 10

>Your Benevolence-Dependability score is 14
>Your Benevolence-Caring score is 16

>Your Universalism-Concern score is 7
Fuck normies.
>Your Universalism-Nature score is 18
>Your Universalism-Tolerance score is 7
Fuck normies and shitskins. Hitler did nothing wrong.

I find it hilarious that the cunts on /adv/ value their 'autonomy' above all else. No tradition, no actual care for society, just pure hedonism. They give lip service to other things just to appear moral, when they're all soulless husks.
>>
I wasn't replying for some time, was calculating some bullshit stats. Here, check this out, this figure is basically a summary of all correlations between different values (the closer they are to each other on the figure, the stronger is the correlation between them).
>>
And here is what theory predicts (the direction in which the circle goes and its orientation is arbitrary, what matters is what is next to each other on the circle and what's on the opposing sides).

Pretty neat, if I say so myself.
>>
>>39655629
>>39655613
What literature does all of this come from?
>>
>>39655792
That's Schwartz's theory of basic human values:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Basic_Human_Values

Schwartz, 1992; Schwartz, 1994; and Schwartz et al., 2012 are the main references.

The top pic is a summary of all these unique responses from 4chan about highly abstract concepts, the most precious and important things in our lives, our guiding principles. Boiled down to a single 2-dimensional image that loses, amazingly, less than 20% of data!

And it's an almost perfect mirror image of the bottom picture, which is a theoretical prediction of a 80-year-old dude from Israel who came up with a theory about order in human values. It's pure theory.

Pretty amazing I think.
>>
File: IMG_2500.jpg (192KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2500.jpg
192KB, 533x388px
>>39652206
>Islam is the religion of scholars
You've got decent bait, I'll give you that.
>>
>>39655911
But it's true. I've read al Razi in uni to much delight, and the whole 9th - 10th century arab metaphysics is cool (and influential) as fuck.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.