[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to be understood or wanted? If you could have a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Kyle_Motherfucking_Katarn.png (927KB, 505x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle_Motherfucking_Katarn.png
927KB, 505x1212px
Is it better to be understood or wanted?

If you could have a gf that understood you to your core, or a gf who loved you but doesn't understand who you really are which would you choose?
>>
>>39642333
If being understood makes my hypothetical gf not love me then maybe she's just a friend. That being said I'd say loved
>>
>>39642333
wanted, even in a platonic way
I really give few shits if you know how I work as long as you like me.
>>
>>39642333
Do those two things have to be exclusive?
Couldn't someone both love and understand me?
>>
>>39642494
Of course, but the question is "which is better?"
>>
>>39642333
validation is everything in life, I want a girl who finds me attractive and wants me for my genetic quality, none of that personality bullshit

too bad my genes are trash tier fucking LOL!
>>
>>39642333
I wouldn't exactly say I'm hard to understand in the first place, so loved.
>>
File: 1493990085450.jpg (134KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493990085450.jpg
134KB, 704x960px
>>39642333
Why would you want someone who understands you to the core? She could play you like a fiddle and get whatever she wants by pushing the right buttons, and she'd be totally impervious to any of your attempts to get anything from her. Plus she'd know all the less positive aspects of your character and could find a way to fuck you over. That's basically like living with someone who's constantly got a gun pointed at you.
>>
>>39642333
Loved.
Even if she doesn't understand me fully, if she is willing to put up with my blatant weirdness autism-like AND love it, I would be pretty satisfied already.
>>
Love, from a girlfriend.

I can try to find understanding in friends, but if I'm going to have a relationship I'd want love.
>>
Loved. Perfect understanding of me by anyone else is a threat.
>>
>>39642333
>Is it better to be understood or wanted?
since im neither i'd have to say it doesn't matter anymore those people should just go die or something
>>
>>39642333
I would rather understand myself and not have a gf at all because she would just get in the way
>>
>>39642551
Because there's no point, for me at least, to having a relationship if it isn't 100% geniune. No, 99.9% won't cut it. I want to be completely open and understood, even if that means she can and will fuck me over for it. I also am fully aware the kind of person who can understand me will probably be an asshole. I'm okay with that, because I'm an asshole too. Together we'd fit.
>>
>>39642882
You don't get what "understand you" means then. It means she knows what's going on in your head. It means she knows how to push your buttons to get you to give in on any issue. It means she knows your fucked up sexual fetishes (and whom to reveal them to if she wants to ruin your life). It means she will instantly know whenever you're tying to convince her of something. It means she knows exactly how to fuck chad behind your back in such a way that you never find out.

She is going to be completely in charge of the relationship. She will be able to do anything she wants to you and you won't be able to stop her. You are either an extreme masochist or retarded for wanting this.
>>
>>39642947
You really think I'm going to open up to a girl whom I think is going to fuck chad? And if she does, I'll just kill her. Don't have time to fuck around once I've opened up to the wrong person.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.