[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to learn how to draw cartoon girls >too embarrassed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (132KB, 650x761px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
132KB, 650x761px
>want to learn how to draw cartoon girls
>too embarrassed and quit every time i try
>>
>>39642091
Then do something else...?
Its not rocket science shit
>>
>>39642127
but i want to be able to draw cute girls anon
>>
>>39642140
Youre giving some conflicting vibes.
If you are getting embarrassed from just thinking about drawing cartoon girls then its obviously not for you and you dont have what it takes to learn.
>>
Learn to draw men too. It will make it not so weird.
>>
>>39642091
yea me too but fuck it learning is to hard and i havent learned shit since i was in middle school
>>
>>39642217
How is that even relevant to OPs goal

He doesn't even have the motivation to draw what he wants
>>
>>39642091
>It's been nearly two damn years since that comic got updated
Why are you posting the sad cat?
>>
>>39642091
don't be so self-conscious, you're just blocking yourself from doing what you want because of other people's perceptions, who don't even have a clue what you are doing
>>
OP, unless you are satisfied with collecting drawings made by real artists and never making any of your own, I suggest you stop holding your self back and follow through with your goals.
You could be be practicing right now but decided to shitpost instead
>>
File: 1457970046467.jpg (106KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1457970046467.jpg
106KB, 500x750px
What are you afraid of? People that already hate you finding another reason to hate you? Drawing cute girls is one of the greatest joys in life. Confront your fears.

Also tell me about your tastes in women. As an artist the subject interests me greatly. I personally like girls that are very round. I don't mean fatties, not into that bbw fetish shit at all, but a higher than average fat content is necessary for a woman to achieve the kind of aesthetic that I most like. I'll post this picture as an example. Not only is everything below her waist absolutely perfect, but I also like the roundness of her face and hair. Perhaps I should mention that the thiccness itself is completely unimportant to me, it just seems to be a common thing among the girls that I like, not something I actively seek.
>>
redpill me on learning how to draw brobots
>>
File: IMG_0383.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0383.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I find doing lots of small female figures with various proportions and poses reduces the amount of time you'll need to practice.
Try doing 2-3 pages of tiny simplistic women and then pick the best one to enlarge and attempt a more final version. I promise you'll spend half the the time you would have drawings a full size illustration from the start.
>>
>>39642371
Dont listen to /ic/ they are retarded
>>
>>39642371
It's mostly learning 3 things. Well 4 I guess. The first is to get past what's termed as symbol drawing. Just look it up. The second is to learn to draw things that aren't flat. Things that appear 3D. Both of these problems can be overcome just by drawing a lot. You'll eventually figure out how you're messing up. It helps to draw from a reference, which is one of the reasons why life drawing is so highly regarded. The third is to study anatomy and actually learn to draw muscles and bones. You could learn to draw organs and whatnot if you want but most are unimportant if you aren't drawing gore. The fourth is perspective. Look it up, it's extremely valuable, but it's a very intimidating subject for a beginner which is why I recommend just figuring out anatomy first. Those 4 things will make whatever you draw look correct. Once you can draw something correctly then you can worry about making it look good. This is where things like shading and color theory come into play. Also avoid bad habits. Draw from the shoulder and just say no to chicken scratching. There are many books that teach all of these things, most people recommend books by Loomis. Some people also think it's impossible to learn from books and you should just learn all of the first 3 things and shading by doing nothing but life drawing for years before you do anything else. Just go with whatever method feels right. Also take up gesture drawing at some point.
>>
File: IMG_0519.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0519.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>39642371
Definitely no simple trick, but you probably already have 3 factors for success in your life.
>Plenty of free time
>sadness
>an obsessive personality that likes to take apart things and see the basic under structure

I always suggest How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way because it breaks down the basics better than Bridgeman, Loomis, or Hogarth.
I'd add try to have fun cause that definitely makes the time you have to put in easier.
>>
>>39642371
>>39642479

all of what anon said except use the /ic/ sticky, it has some free books, if you need to find some books online use b-ok

and like >>39642454
said do NOT listen to /ic/, trust us, all they will do is discourage you, they are quite pretentious, will blab on about talent and bullshit, all you need is practice to succeed, so don't listen to anyone putting you down.
>>
>>39642520
Did you make that drawing or just saved it from somewhere else?
I like the art style
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (152KB, 633x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.jpg
152KB, 633x843px
>>39642546
Its mine. I only comment on art threads here.
>>
>>39642566
Nice
WHAM!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.