[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: r.png (40KB, 214x201px) Image search: [Google]
r.png
40KB, 214x201px
Settle in for this one

>be me
>overweight but tall (6'4"), maybe like 4/10
>always kind of a social outcast, but try my best to seem normal
>first day at uni
>history class (my major)
>be really involved in the class
>prof asks us to introduce ourselves to nearby students, get their names, major, hometown, etc
>cordially talk with the other students, don't really know what to talk about b/c asperger's
>awkwardly finish "conversations" and go about rest of class
>end of class, getting up to leave
>"Hey are you Anon?" from behind
>"y-yes" as I turn around
>it's the really cute asian/brazillian girl, didn't notice her at first
>"Are you the guy from the article?"
>my school newspaper had run an article about how I moved from out of state basically homeless w/ family, was kind of terrified at first to do it but hey why not
>"uh yes why?"
>"do you want to go get lunch?"
>manage to mutter something along the lines of "okay yeah sure"
>have no idea what I'm doing, I've never even been asked by anyone before to have lunch with them bar my family, let alone really held a conversation with a girl
>have lunch at school dining hall
>food's shit but I can't believe a girl actually wants to have lunch with me so I go along
>we talk a while and she's really nice
>doesn't seem to judge me at all
>confused but holy shit
>after, she asks if we can have lunch again after class
>fucking hell yes
>comes out "uh s-sure"
>I can't believe this is happening

Cont.
>>
>Talked to a girl
FUCKING NORMAL
>>
eating a meal with someone new is some sort of mind bending experience for you? you need help bro
>>
Holy shit. Okay first thing first. Forget all this robot shit. You won't need it once you reach normieville. Anon, you have a golden fucking ticket to get a cute gf that loves you for you. I believe in you anon
>>
>two days later (classes are blocked MoWe/TuTh etc)
>get to same class
>despite being really fucking good at history I have terrible social anxiety so I always sit in the back
>manage to find a seat in one of the back rows of like a 200-seat theater
>don't see asian/brazillian girl anywhere (from now one I'll call her Katie for simplicity)
>taking notes on the Mongols
>Katie walks in like ten minutes late, it's first week though so prof doesn't care
>she spots me and walks up like 20 steps to sit in the row in front of me
>mustbeacoincidence.jpg
>don't really talk much
>continue taking notes until Prof gives tells us to answer some basic history questions (black plague, renaissance, etc)
>Katie turns around and asks me for help on one of the questions
>it's a really simple question but somehow I manage to ramble on about it for like three minutes
>she seems really engaged and asks me a followup question, which I also answer in the same autistic way
>"Thanks Anon, do you study this as a hobby"
>"uh, yeah"
>"That makes sense. Do you want to go get lunch with me?"
>hellyes.gif
>go to lunch with her, same place, talk a lot, etc
>this becomes a thing we do every time after class

Cont.
>>
File: C9lB4YfXsAApSi9.jpg (121KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C9lB4YfXsAApSi9.jpg
121KB, 1200x1200px
>>39639595
Get to the good part already.
>>
>>39639632
The good part is when anon gets in a healthy, loving, mutually beneficial relationship with cute gf
>>
File: dis.jpg (115KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
dis.jpg
115KB, 435x435px
>>39639662

Yeah, no. Things are going to go back fast..

Just you watch.
>>
>>39639541
it is for someone who has basically no family and never had any real friends

Cont.

>end of second week
>history prof says there's going to be a map quiz on asia next week
>really fucking good at geography/maps/etc b/c I mostly play strategy games
>Katie asks me to study with her after class
>ok.jpg
>meet up at student lounge
>study for like two hours
>worried I bored her to death rambling about shit no one else cares about
>"Anon you really seem to know a lot about this stuff, can we study together for every test?"
>this isn't ground-breaking for most people, but for a literal autist this is amazing
>agree
>we go get lunch at a cafe
>some of her friends are there, another asian/brazilian and a literal Chad
>awkwardly introduce myself to them
>they're nice enough
>other girl asks us to sit with them
>Katie says something like "I don't want to sit you guys right now"
>I don't understand why, but she prefers my company
>illtakeit.exe
>food we order takes forever and tastes like shit but she doesn't seem to mind
>halfway through meal
>she says she wants to go to a concert on Sunday
>indie rock, the usual college bands
>she invites me to go with her
>manage to dance around the question because social anxiety
>fucking autism
>she seems ok with my "answer", tells me she'll see me in class next week
>she seems to really give a shit about me but I don't know what to think

So that brings us to today. This might seem cringe-worthy, but it's literally the closest I have ever gotten to a relationship. I don't know if she's just being nice to me because she feels sorry for me or if she genuinely likes me. She is absolutely beautiful and extremely kind. I don't understand why she would like someone like me and I'm worried that I'm being led on. I'm terrified of being rejected but I also would want to kill myself if she does like me and I push her away.

Sorry for an anticlimactic "ending", but this literally just happened yesterday. What the hell do I do?
>>
>>39640011
First thing you should do is text her (did you get her number I can't remember) and tell her you changed your mind and you do want to go to the concert. Anon, no one goes this out of their way for someone if they feel sorry for them. If she felt sorry for you she would just sit next to you so you don't feel alone/so she gets in her good deed of the day. Also, if she want to hang out outside of studying then she also isn't trying to use you or anything. Maybe you're not as autistic as you think if you have gotten this far.
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (51KB, 255x222px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
51KB, 255x222px
>>39639662
see
>>39639709

>>39640011
Shit ending.
>>
>>39640121
Yeah she gave me her number first day after lunch, we've been chatting mildly since. Mostly about the hurricane in Florida since we both have family there. I hope you're right, and I kind of am getting that same feeling, but I am just terrified of fucking up or doing something embarrassing. I've been a robot a long time and you guys and /b/ have been the closest I've had to a friend until now, so despite that this might sound like I'm a chad or something I don't want to slip back into being an outcast, but at the same time I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I guess I'm going to sleep on this until tomorrow, but I really appreciate any advice.

I do actually have diagnosed autism/asperger's if anyone can believe it, though I like to think I'm a little more self-aware, mostly thanks to my mom who's literally worked non-stop 18 years through divorce, unemployment, and a broken back to help me.

Hold me, fellow robots. I think I might have something here.
>>
>>39640306
It's okay to not know what your doing. Even if you don't go in to it with as much confidence as you can muster. Don't do what I usually do and be cold and make her think you don't like her. Eventually she'll give up because she thinks you're not interested. Try being the one to ask her to lunch. Don't make her initiate every time. You can escape robot anon.
>>
>>39639459
Anon, you've just been given a rope ladder made of 15 sheets tied together. Jump that fucking wall and escape from here. I believe in you
>>
>>39640359
>>39640372

I think you guys are right. I can't let something like this pass me by. Thanks for the advice, fellow anons.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.