[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I totally fuck things up at my job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: huge-bk-office-6.jpg (682KB, 4080x2720px) Image search: [Google]
huge-bk-office-6.jpg
682KB, 4080x2720px
So at my corporate office (I work in programming), my "team" decided to go out for a team lunch. But I'm kind of autistic so I didn't go. My boss begged me to go, but I didn't I just said "Eh I dont' know if I can go"

Did I totally fuck up my long term job prospects? Are going out with team lunches really essential? I mean, I spend the entire day with my team so I wanted at least an hour to myself. But I worry I singled myself out as a shy weirdo
>>
>>39639387
If you're a top performer, it's probably not a huge deal. If you are mid to low tier, you may have fucked up. If it's a small company, you may have fucked up. All the small companies I've worked for have pushed employees to the end of the line for not being pumped about spending time outside of work with them. You would think they'd understand, being a tech company but nope.
>>
qualifications are a distant second to who you know. chumming it up with the boss would have been a good plan, but too bad youre an autistic faggot.
>>
>>39639387
Honestly, yes, you probably did. "Company culture" is a huge thing for normie managers now. You pretty much are obligated to say yes to all company social events if you ever want to be promoted.
>>
Yes you fucked up, coworkers will just look at you more negatively now
>>
Everything is political. Go out to lunch to make friends with co workers to get things you want later on because you'll be on their good side.
>>
Just another reason why I dont want to get a job. Fuck workplace culture.
>>
I literally lost my job because I wasn't enthusiastic enough responding to people's fake "good morning!" bullshit.

The office basically ganged up on me and forced me out. Fucking roasties and normies, I swear.
>>
>>39640360
Same thing happened to me. Literally the second day on the job, the turbonormie (to the extreme) manager called me into his office to tell me how important department culture was. Continued on for like 3 months until I was out of a job.

Fortunately I found a place afterwards that doesn't care about any of that bull shit.
>>
>>39640360

yea,

be the first person to say hello. even if you have to force yourself to do it, if you say hello and good morning frst to everyone, people will think you are weird over friendly. but thats better than weird guy who doesnt talk.

and if people say lets go to lunch a bar after work, as a group. you have to go, unless you have some thing they know you are going to. but if you say no always it looks really bad
>>
>tfw autism is new depression
>tfw all normies claim they're autismo
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.