[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My idea to solve the homelessness crisis.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

An apartment full of small, soundproofed cells that lock from the inside. Everyone must vacate everyday at noon so each cell can be steamed and cleaned. Anyone can check in at anytime from 1:00PM to 11:00AM, space permitting, no questions asked. Build these all over the country.
>>
>>39634104
I like you for posting Ojou, but your idea is retarded. Who would pay for all that?
>>
>>39634169
If the US can blow 3 trillion dollars on an aircraft we don't need that doesn't even fucking work I think we can start using tax money for something useful
>>
Okako > Galko > Ojou > Otako
>>
>>39634169
There are people that advocate a similar solution, basically taking all the money spent on homelessness and just buying these folks their own places. There's a TED talk on it even.

But, then if other people get a free house, why should I have to buy my own? I'd certainly rather have the government buy me a house.
>>
>>39634169
There are a shit ton of charities for the homeless and their solutions suck. A homeless shelter where your shit can get stolen, they can send you off to jail if you have the slightest blemish on your record, in a crowded, uncomfortable place that you have to sign up for at 3:00PM good luck finding a job.

>>39634229
It's a dinky cell that you have to vacate from everyday. Do you get all your meals from soup kitchens?
>>
>>39634202
but aircraft fly, homeless people don't do anything
why don't we just round them up and shoot them? A bullet is 21 cents, there's about 550 thousand truly homeless people, so it would really only cost about 120 grand to REALLY solve the homeless problem
>>
>>39634324
We talk all the time about pulling yourself up by the bootstraps, but we make it illegal to live in your car or in a tent. This is my way of pleasing both the rich elitist fucks that can't stand seeing poor people in their neighborhood and the go-getters that want to pull themselves out of poverty through hard work.
>>
>>39634406
why don't they just get jobs?
>>
>>39634552
Where are they going to live in the meantime?
>>
>>39634552
Like most things, if it were that easy they would've already done it
>>
>>39634595
Friend's house, a car that they move around and clean so it's not obvious it's being lived in
under a bridge with a P.O box as an adress
or they could join the military
>>
File: 1470034322623.jpg (177KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470034322623.jpg
177KB, 479x720px
Better idea: make soundproofed sleep cells that can be installed into apartments so people don't have to listen to their niggardly neighbours.
>>
>>39634658
>friends
are you really suggesting this on /r9k/?
>military
age, veterans themselves are homeless
>car, bridge
so you're advocating they break the law to become a productive member of society
>>
>>39634744
Someday, when I have enough money, I'll build tons of these apartments and charge a small amount to convince the free market fags this is a good idea. I just thought my idea would be good to share for now.
>>
>>39634267
>It's a dinky cell that you have to vacate from everyday.
In your plan, yes, but in the TED talk, it was a full-blown apartment.

>Do you get all your meals from soup kitchens?
That's a valid argument. No, I do not get my meals from soup kitchens. But, food is a small portion of my budget, whereas housing for myself and most people is their number 1 cost. So, that changes the dynamic quite a bit.
>>
>>39635120
I also think that homelessness is an industry, not a problem and the people that "manage the problem" have no incentive to solve it.
>>
>>39634104
Just sleep in the woods thats what I did nobody ever bothered me. A better solution would be to give them all bicycles and a mailbox to use as a home address, so they can actually search for a job or get the help that they need.
>>
>>39634795
>age, veterans themselves are homeless
don't know what you're trying to say about age, but veterans are only homeless if they're retards
you can have 40 grand saved after a 4 year contract and 50 for college with the GI bill
>so you're advocating they break the law to become a productive member of society
you do what you have to, the fact of the matter is that a lot of homeless people are homeless because they're lazy, if their position was truly unbearable then they would change it
All I know is that I'm not giving a single dollary-doo to a nigger too lazy to apply at McCucks
>>
>>39635404
This.
T.former homeless.

Being homeless isn't that bad and honestly it beats the shit out of working. Some people just get comfortable and have zero incentive to work because all of their employment options are shit.
>>
>>39635404
It shouldn't be illegal for someone to scrounge up shelter for himself.
>>
File: contemporary-bedroom.jpg (29KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-bedroom.jpg
29KB, 570x380px
>>39634104

Make it so that the cells look similar too pic except small and you need to bring your own bedsheets/sleeping bag.

Literally all concrete and able to seal closed.

From the roof there will be scalding hot steam and chemicals which will flood the room.

>end up creating boiling suffocating gas chambers and killing homeless
>>
>>39635552
I will arrest anyone that stays past noon. But they will also know that if we fail to catch them, their stuff will be confiscated and they will most likely get gassed.
>>
>>39635644
your idea is retarded, it doesnt solve homelessness. its just another cheap shelter
>>
>>39635670
No questions are asked when you check in. You can check in at any time. When you check out, just make sure your room is clean (i.e. don't cook meth in your room) and that you check out before noon. You can move right back in an hour. The rooms are tiny, secure, and soundproofed. Cleaning is done over the entire building at the same time. Everything is cost efficient. That's why it's different than a shelter. See >>39634267
>>
>>39635754
>No questions are asked when you check in

this is just asking for trouble

>When you check out, just make sure your room is clean

as if they homeless will adhere to this rule either

going to jail would be better than being homeless, at least you get to eat and have a place to sleep. its not like the threat of getting stabbed is any lower in the street than it is in jail so its a win-win for them
>>
>>39634229
>if other people get a free house, why should I have to buy my own?
Because you don't want to live in a fucking slum. The UK has public housing and it's always badly maintained and you're surrounded by sketchy poor people. We've tried this before with tenements, too.
>>
>>39635552
KEK HAHAHAHA THATS AWFUL

I would make the cleaning feature only accessible by the maids or whatever, and nobody can be in the room when the disinfecting process starts. That way you don't accidentally start the Hobocaust in a seemingly good-natured operation.
>>
>>39635825
>No questions are asked when you check in
Some kind of metal detector scheme like in the airports before checking in. But no asking about background, identity, etc.

>as if they homeless will adhere to this rule either
If anything illegal is found in their room upon checkout, they're arrested. If they leave any junk, it'll be thrown out at cleaning time.

>going to jail would be better than being homeless
Some people just need a place to stay until they find their next job. A criminal record doesn't help in the job hunt.
>>
I had a similar idea OP. Just build a million tiny rooms like those Japanese internet cafes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtdupS0gRt0

Not big enough to hold two people or live any kind of social life, but just enough to provide the homeless and NEET with very basic shelter and entertainment. You are provided with water, electricity and an internet connection, and nothing else. Anyone can go and claim a room at any time of day, no questions asked, and they hold this room for as many days, months or years as they need, as long as they continue to use it. While you are there, you get an account in which is deposited a $5 allowance every day to spend on the bare minimum essentials you need to live. Completely replace the welfare system with this, or at least housing and unemployment benefits, and I'm convinced it would be cheaper and more effective. There's more incentive to find employment too, normies wouldn't be able to stand this kind of life, while robots would be perfectly content living in their comfy state-provided room with free internet until they die in their mid 50s.
>>
>>39635940
>But no asking about background, identity, etc.

then youll have a bunch of non homeless taking advantage of your bad system

>If anything illegal is found in their room upon checkout, they're arrested.
youre an idiot, if youd do background checks and searches you wouldnt have to deal with this sort of thing to begin with

>Some people just need a place to stay until they find their next job. A criminal record doesn't help in the job hunt.
neither does being homeless, thats what shelters are for.

your idea doesnt help the problem one bit, your solution is a more expensive glorified shelter and youll just run out of money eventually. the people whod stay are still homeless, who gives a shit if theyre wandering the street or not? its not a permanent residence and theyll still be a drain on society
>>
>>39636086
That was exactly how I came up with this idea. This is a NEET's dream life. This is my dream life. Why is it so hard to find something like this in America, even for money? Nevertheless, I have cut many amenities in my plan to save money and appease the critics. I just feel that even a bare-bones solution should have been done by now.

>>39636262
I've gone through all these points in the thread. I'll try one more time, but I need to head off after this reply.

>then youll have a bunch of non homeless taking advantage of your bad system
If you want to live in a cell that you have to move out of everyday, next to other homeless people, be my guest.

>youre an idiot, if youd do background checks and searches you wouldnt have to deal with this sort of thing to begin with
I'm not sending runaway children back to abusive homes, which will happen if I start identifying everyone. Anyway my solution works.

>neither does being homeless, thats what shelters are for.
A mark on your criminal record is forever. Also there are long lines at the shelter where they force you to eat and listen to sermons and shower. Less time going through charitable bureaucracy, more time to work and sleep.

>your solution is a more expensive glorified shelter and youll just run out of money eventually
So much money is being pumped into charities, it sickens me. Maybe if I prove that people like this idea and it's cost-effective, charities will stop dicking around and actually fix the problem.

Rich people love to harass the homeless. Why is it illegal to live in a tent or car? Why is it illegal to sleep on the streets? NIMBY. This way, the poor are off the streets and have the time and rest they need to hold down a job.
>>
>>39636531
>force you to listen to sermons
Only if you go to a church-owned shelter.
>>
>>39634104
>Everyone must vacate everyday at noon

This is a terrible idea. KILL YOURSSELF OP!
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 282x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 282x289px
>>39635670
But gassing the homeless would probably help reduce homelessness...
>>
>>39636682
Why dont you gas yourself and lower the demand for housing?
>>
>>39636531
your points were pretty bad desu

>If you want to live in a cell that you have to move out of everyday, next to other homeless people, be my guest.
this is basically what your idea amounts to

>I'm not sending runaway children back to abusive homes, which will happen if I start identifying everyone. Anyway my solution works.
thats why you call child services you dingus. its not your choice to decide anyway, youll get in trouble too for negligence

>A mark on your criminal record is forever. Also there are long lines at the shelter where they force you to eat and listen to sermons and shower. Less time going through charitable bureaucracy, more time to work and sleep.
>homeless people
>work
gud one

>Maybe if I prove that people like this idea and it's cost-effective, charities will stop dicking around and actually fix the problem.
your idea doesnt sound cost effective even on paper. youll be spending a shitton on maintenence costs and cleaning alone

>Rich people love to harass the homeless. Why is it illegal to live in a tent or car? Why is it illegal to sleep on the streets? NIMBY. This way, the poor are off the streets and have the time and rest they need to hold down a job.
youre asking me questions i dont have the answer to, i didnt make those laws. you wont help as many people as you think, itll be like nignogs who abuse welfare
>>
There should be a mobile euthanasia lab that could give poison or lethal injections to anyone who wants it
>>
>>39634552
>why don't they just get jobs?
wtf i love capitalism now
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.