[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you friendless?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 20

File: 1494579853028.png (277KB, 598x566px) Image search: [Google]
1494579853028.png
277KB, 598x566px
I know this board is mostly 4chan satire, but are there seriously people out there who have no friends? Why do you not want friends in your life?
>>
File: IMG-20170904-WA0006.jpg (5KB, 213x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170904-WA0006.jpg
5KB, 213x207px
>>39631878
Maybe because other people don't want me as a friend, did you ever think of that you prick
>>
File: 1503848941360.jpg (35KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
1503848941360.jpg
35KB, 640x616px
>>39631878
>Why do you not want friends in your life?

IF I COULD GET FRIENDS I WOULD YOU NORMALFAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>39631878
>but are there seriously people out there who have no friends?
Are you seriously asking this? You're obviously nothing like us.
>>
I can't bring myself to keep contact with people.
I actually have only one friend but it's mostly because we share the same interests, otherwise I'd be totally alone.
>>
I had a lot of friend through out high school and shit and did all the dumb teen shit and parties.

Eventually I just stopped talking to them and it ignoring their calls. I also don't use social media.

Now im 30 and don't have any friends and it feels pretty good.
>>
>>39631878
It's not a matter of 'want', my naive little child. If you were a true robot, you'd understand that it's literally impossible for autists like us to socialize. It's both a mental and physical problem. I wouldn't expect a fucking normie like you to understand, though.
>>
>>39631878
What exactly do you mean by friend? You mean getting invited to hang out and stuff? No i dont have one. I could talk to people alright but i dont go as far as talking bout hobbies and stuff. No i dont really have someone i could call a friend. I dont have anything to offer. I dont even have anything to offer myself
>>
>>39631878
Please leave and kill yourself normalfag
>>
>>39631878
I'm friendless because no one wants to be my friend and it fucking kills me. But I still think about

>Why do you (not) want friends in your life?

this question a lot. There were times in my life that I've had friends and I remember it being very stressful. When having to hang out with friends you have to worry about whether they're having fun or not and you have to entertain them, sometimes to the detriment of your enjoyment. If I doing something, I always have more fun doing it by myself than with others. I guess it's because I'm too autistic to have a 'natural' friendship. I always feel that I'm imposing myself on other people.
>>
I dont see the point of having friends at this point in life. I wont getting anything out of it and I cant relate to anyone in uni. At least my family is rich
>>
>>39631959
>>39632001
>>39632006
>>39632030
>>39632069
Lol nice memes but I need serious responses

>>39632020
>>39632025
>>39632031
Don't you all get lonely? Have you tried finding more hobbies to connect with people?
>>
It's not a matter of want. It's a matter of after 5 years in college, I went through 3 different social circles making no friends and always being the guy the group prick constantly antagonizes to try to paint himself as the alpha.
>>
>>39631878
I have a boipucci that ovulates a lot. I cant have friends because of it. I dont trust strangers with my boipucci. It is a delicate matter.
>>
File: 1470106643739.jpg (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470106643739.jpg
170KB, 640x480px
I don't have friends. But I imagine that very few friendless people choose to be that way.
>>
>>39631878
I want them but I don't know How To make them, I get it in my head that if I'm not entertaining them all the time they'll think I'm boring so I get nervous trying to make them laugh, sperg out and drive them away, I'll literally let people treat me like trash as long as they stay with me, I just want to have friends or anyone who cares at all.
>>
>>39631878
I want friends but I also never want to do anything but stay at home
>>
>>39632154
I don't get lonely because I feel more comfortable being alone and I socialize with associates at work.

But trying to keep friendships and make your friends happy is too much work. Also I don't really trust people that much.
>>
way too ugly, people dont want to be seen with me in public,

also my life is very sad, and depressing
>>
i hate the country i live in
>>
>>39632316
Care to say what country?
>>
>>39632154

this is a serious response

I can't make friends you retarded normalfaggot
>>
To be honest, I have girls in my life to fuck. But no friends. Never had any friends, but don't give a fuck.

Pussy>>>all.
>>
File: 1504770265606.jpg (30KB, 552x557px) Image search: [Google]
1504770265606.jpg
30KB, 552x557px
Only have 2 friends that I've know since I was 10..theyve been becoming normalfags lately so I'm thinking of just becoming a friendless autist
>>
>>39632335
what would be the originall point
>>
I have no friends irl. I usually have someone to talk to online, but it's never the same people for long. I usually get dropped or drop the others within a week. I have hobbies, quite a few of them, but I just feel very disconnected from people as well as reality a lot of the time. I do feel lonely very often. I just can't make friends I guess.
>>
>>39632455
I'm just curious, thats all
>>
File: 03+Teamwork+required.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
03+Teamwork+required.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I think the answer is more complicated than we can amass through mere paragraphs and posts. It's different for everyone and every single different relationship we've encountered in our lives needs to be analysed and taken into consideration for us to understand the reasons behind no or few friends. I could go on for pages about how each of my friendships faded or fell apart.

I currently keep in touch with about 3 people who will either contact me on a monthly or fortnightly basis.

>one is a parentally neglected autist cyborg in university
>one is a hypochondriac with a worrying superiority complex
>one is a stoner gamer
>>
>>39631878

never had any friends, in my younger formative years i hung on awhile to my school acquaintances, believing to myself these are my friends (they weren't), one of our 'friend's brothers opened up an internet cafe in like 1998/9, and my group of acquiantances + his brother made 5 people with all our computers in the internet cafe.

during the day people would use our computers, closing time until 8am we were all there for gaming sessions.

except none of the people there wanted to play the game together as a group, they ended up playing single player games, there was 1 other guy who was only willing to play counterstrike with me ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

so yeah, never had any friends, they were just people i knew from school, they drifted away from me eventually anyway after they moved on with their lives, after getting jobs, gfs and learning to drive.

whilst i am still sitting here as a NEET, except i'm all alone now, what i imagined to be a friend was only a belief i held in my mind, none of these people conformed to that idea in reality, if i ever got into trouble with the law, stole something or did something else illegal most of those people would've reported me to the police.

they weren't even people i could trust or rely on in any way, 15 years later of course i haven't heard from any of them in all this time.

'friends' don't exist, they are just a silly fairy tale naive people tell themselves, there really is no hope when you start to see people for what they really are, simply just an opponent/obstacle.

when someone says hello to you, tries to talk to you, you should always think 'what do they want?'

they want to take something from you, your money, your dignity, anything.

it would be nice to have friends though, to have loyal people that could work as a team to benefit the group, that's not ever happening in my lifetime though, the only place i can have companions is in a computer game with npc party members that can't turn traitor
>>
>>39632509
new zealand
i wasnt born here btw
>>
I technically have friends, but I'm such an asocial cunt I just can't see them more than a few hours without getting fed up. Overall it's all very superficial and I rarely talk to them, altough they did help a couple times before so I'm kind of grateful I'm not completely alone.

I used to fantasize about having a truly intimate friendship, kind of like a best friend but I realized it will stay just that, a fantasy.
>>
I am a degenerate creep but I did used to have friends, reading all these posts saddens me, I'm sorry you never got to experience bonding with other people anons, in a perfect world I'd wish that you were all loved.
>>
i have a hard time connecting with people and a hard time caring about people enough to be a good friend
>inb4 edgy
>>
>>39632575
i dream all the time of having a best friend, like a surrogate brother or sister, but that only happens in movies. feelsbadman
>>
in a way I am, I have a friend who comes over but we just play video games, board games. I think he has his own friends who he goes out with or something.
>>
>>39631878
I literally hate everyone.
>>
File: a nyse pynt nd a fag.png (202KB, 957x891px) Image search: [Google]
a nyse pynt nd a fag.png
202KB, 957x891px
>>39631878
>Because mates did nothing but drag me down with them.
>after a while they ditched me as i wouldnt stoop down to their level.
>it was very hard on me at first, I had many sleepless nights full of sucicidal thoughts and hatred for the world
>However after a while I transcended the need for social contact, and literally used the umbdance of time to work on self improvement and other indvidual activites.
>tfw when finnaly catched up with them after about 3 years of social isolation,
>I tell you what ditching them was the greatest thing I ever did as they were still.
>smoking weed down the park at 20.
>wasting all their money on booze and drugs.
>doing petty acts of crime such as breaking into cars, smashing windows, shoplifting and starting fires.
>obssed over material shit like designer clothing and cars.
>unable to comprehend inteligent convesations about politcs, current affairs and philosphy, it was the same old...
>"have you heard stormys new track yet?"
>"Did you see that goal from the chelsea game the other day."
>>
File: 1504407697699.gif (256KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
1504407697699.gif
256KB, 400x436px
>>39632266

>this

having friends means spending money that I dont have to socialize, also I end up being used as a driver when people were drunk the few times my normie co-workers convinced me to leave my house,

alone life is just much easier desu
>no excessive money spending
>no social obligations
>no risk of public humiliation
>no danger except what you cause (like accidental house fires, leaving home means cars, buses, and mean people)
>>
i actually have one friend so it could be worse I guess
>>
File: 1504835824261.jpg (114KB, 749x780px) Image search: [Google]
1504835824261.jpg
114KB, 749x780px
>>39631878
i have online "friends" but they never ask me to play anything with them and almost never initiate a conversation with me directly
i'm sure if i stopped trying i'd be allowed to disappear
>>
>>39631878
Yes, I just have no real desire for social contact. Don't know why, spend most of the day in my room and never really leave my parents house.

I was friends with a few people a few years back, but cut them all off/ghosted them
>>
>>39632575
Can I be your intimate but not gay best friend anon :(
>>
>>39631878
I hate healthy wojak. you're not impressing anyone buddy

SAGE
>>
>>39633149
>>39633149
>almost never initiate a conversation with me directly

this imo is always the best way to tell they arent friends. Real friends would go out of their way to talk. my on line friends would never say anything if i didnt say something to them, and they gradually always stop talking
>>
>>39631878
I cant have friends because I want to cook and eat them. I would really like to eat your mom too. I want to stick my penis inside her body and then cook her.
>>
Don't have any friends currently, but I'm not completely asocial, at my last job I made friends with two coworkers and we hung out a couple times.
>>
I would say I have 2 real friends in the world.

Every now and then I try to branch out and connect with other "friends" from college out of loneliness and boredom. But then I hang out with them for an hour and I realize that I have nothing in common with these people, I'm genuinely annoyed by hanging out with them for longer than 20 minutes and I have no desire to actually interact with them for extended periods of time. So I quickly realize why I spend most of my time alone and I go back to the lonely lifestyle.
>>
I have zero friends

the stress, anxiety, and difficulty of meeting new people outweighs the emotional benefits that their company provides

I can't talk to people. I can't have a conversation. I could never approach someone. my presence is annoying and unwanted.
>>
>>39631878
yeah I have no friend irl or online haha
>>
>>39631878
Because the only friend I ever had stopped talking to me after our senior year in highschool and now I have to spend most of my time at work.
>>
File: red punisher is disgusted.png (238KB, 526x369px) Image search: [Google]
red punisher is disgusted.png
238KB, 526x369px
>>39631878
Sometimes you are not very interesting, or not at all.

Also sometimes people can sense, for the lack of a better word, that you're not very interesting. So they don't initiate contact with you.

If you could initiate contact with other people maybe you would be fine, but sometimes you can't.

When these 3 conditions are met, you get people like us, who have no friends and can't make friends.

A good symptom of this is when you can't even make friends of the internet, where your appearance doesn't really matter.
>>
I choose not to have friends, so I don't take much of an issue with it.
>>
>>39631878
Haven't had a friend since 1998 but life is good as it is. I honestly can't add anything to their life anyway and I don't need them either. But sometimes I'm curious about what fun stuff can be done with friends, not that I feel lonely or anything.
>>
Is anyone seriously not at least a millionaire? I mean why would you NOT want lots of money?
>>
>>39631878
>Implying choice in the matter.
>>
I've had friends. Any of the ones I was closest too and considered my bestfriends or main group wound up fucking me over in completely unacceptable ways. This has killed my motivation to have friends or become close with anyone, however some of the fringe ish friends ive had i still consider good people even though i dont see them anymore. I might just think theyre good people because I havent let them close enough to hurt me who knows people are garbage honestly.
>>
>>39631878
I don't have friends because I'm an autistic piece of shit.
>>
>>39632025
Pretty much this. i'm 23 tho. there is no way back
>>
nope, last time i had friends i was 8 or 9 years old, then i basically grew apart from anyone, in middle school i tried making friends again but my social skills were already withered to the point where it was impossible, dont see how i could do it now. its now enough that you have the same hobbies with someone, if youre boring and have no sense of humour or charisma no one wants to be your friend.
>>
File: actually nah im good.gif (1MB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
actually nah im good.gif
1MB, 245x184px
>>39632001
>>39632357
>I can't make friends you retarded normalfaggot
>IF I COULD GET FRIENDS I WOULD YOU NORMALFAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT

Oh shit, it's really hard to figure out why you can't make friends, I mean it's really such a mystery, it could in no way be related to your completely awful personality could it?

It would be too easy to just talk shit to you and laugh at the pit you've dug yourself into, so I'll offer you some genuine advice instead. Try being a more likeable kind human being, instead of a being a bitter angry jerk and people will gravitate towards you more. They may even like you. No, I'm not telling you to just BZZZ BZZ BEE URSELF, because obviously that's not working out for you. You have to actively change your personality and demeanor. This advice is fairly commen sensical but I can't do much else without knowing specifics. And regardless of being common sensical advice or not, it still applies to many people, including myself even.

Undoubtedly you will throw this post back in my face, mocking grammar errors and calling me any number of /r9k/ curses, who knows. but whatever, it wouldn't have been any fun to mock you, so I figured to say something different
>>
I have a few friends left. I want to end my friendships because everyone treats me like fucking shit. I don't treat anyone badly.
>>
>>39634813
if someone has spent most of their life being rejected, then being bitter or angry is a normal reaction isn't it?
>>
>>39631878
>I know this board is mostly 4chan satire.
>>
>burnt all my bridges
>work graveyard
>don't have a car
>don't want to pay for smart phone
>work on weekends and holidays

i'm not sure what the point of friends would even be for me.
i tried it, but it's like i literally can't ever do anything with them.

i'm about to create an Okcupid to try and find friends. i seriously don't know what to do anymore.
make it even worse, struggling with self-esteem.
>>
I had a lot of friends in late high school and early college, had a core group of friends throughout most of college and we would hang out almost every day. My best friend and I in particular would always be together doing shit.

Hell, as recent as last year I moved across the atlantic ocean to live in Europe, and I made a dozen or so new friends, and about half that number relatively close friends within weeks. I didn't know a single soul in the new city I moved to either, I just made friends from the living situation I was in (it's very very easy to make friends in college when you're living in dorms, and I'm your average nerdy robot type kid, far from a normalfag).

But over the past couple years my friend group has dwindled down to my sad circumstances today. It comes from a couple of factors. One, my best friend died from an accidental OD 2 years ago. We used to be part of a larger friend group, but at this point in my life (25, friend group has its origins about 8 or 9 years ago) many 'members' of the friend group have gotten long term gfs that they spend all their time with. Or they have moved away for new jobs. Or, in my best friend's case, they fucking died and are permanently gone (RIP Henry you beautiful bastard).

So these days I'm a loner, my friend group is dissolved. I have 'friends' at work but they're more friends by circumstance and proximity than anything else, if I changed jobs I would probably never see 99% of them ever again.

I don't give much of a fuck about making new friends, I spend most of my weekend alone and self-sabotaging any chance I have for a gf because I'm a fucking coward
>>
>>39631878
I don't make friends with losers.
>>
>>39631878
I can make friends but I can't keep them.

They've all ghosted me seriously I have no one left in my life. They don't even bother telling me why.
>>
>>39634840
>if someone has spent most of their life being rejected, then being bitter or angry is a normal reaction isn't it?
Well... sort of. I see what you're getting at but I don't really agree.

One, I would have to question the premise. Why have they spent most of their life being rejected? There must be a common denominator there. Yeah there are some assholes in the world who will be cruel to others for no reason, but most people are too preoccupied with their own shit to spend much time or effort in making other people miserable. So I would have to ask why is this individual finding themselves rejected often by others? There must be a reason. Even weird kids make friends with each other. So I start to question just to what extent this kid in question is a victim of circumstances beyond his control, and the inverse, how much his circumstance is a product of his own actions and behaviors.

>then being bitter or angry is a normal reaction isn't it?
Now for this, yes, being bitter or angry might be an expected reaction to their circumstances, but is it right? And is it right to take out that anger or bitterness on completely innocent people? And if you take out your anger and bitterness on people who don't deserve your hate, do you think that kind of behavior will endear you to them? Do people generally like people who treat them badly for things they had nothing to do with?
>>
>>39635205
>Why have they spent most of their life being rejected?
Because that's the way it is sometimes. The world isn't fair and not everything can be rationalized.
>>
>>39634813
Dude I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here.
I know I have an awful personality, i'm not racist, i'm not sexist, I don't like making other people feel bad or upset them I try to make other people feel good but again I just can't get it right.
People seem to warm up to me initially and then they get to the point where they just avoid me completely.
Every day is suffering and loneliness, I'm literally tearing up writing this now.
Your words have hurt me but it's nothing compared to how much I've hurt myself.
>>
>>39631878
i literally have no friends
i have people who i work with who like me but i have no friends, except my bestfriend from child hood but he lives a few hundred miles away

>fuck people they are all shitty
>>
File: 1493261547009.png (498KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493261547009.png
498KB, 600x600px
>>39635925
>i literally have no friends
>except my bestfriend
>>
>>39631878
Your friends will all abandon you.
>>
>>39631878
I essentially haven't had an actual person I would call a good friend in about 15 years
>>
File: 1493109591150.png (185KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1493109591150.png
185KB, 409x409px
> had female friend I used orbit, drove away, then made up with later
>deletes all her social media
>she keeps sending people I know to tell me she said hi
>been getting urges to speak to her anyway
Should I look for her robots?
>>
>>39631878
I used to have no friends but now I have a simpleton friend. It's better than nothing and he is kind but it's hard to be real with him, he's like a much less energetic dog with much less free time.
>>
OP actually thinks r9k people are a meme and not actual loners. Yea OP, loners don't exist. The retardation is high in this one.
>>
File: 1491580836931.jpg (129KB, 966x725px) Image search: [Google]
1491580836931.jpg
129KB, 966x725px
>had several friends out of high school
>met up with them a few times during college
>gf came too
>gf would always cling to me so I could never interact with everyone else
>she would stay silent and make a face whenever I wasn't giving her my full attention
>didn't want to hang out with everyone anymore because we were all part of one big circle and gf just ruined everything for me
>haven't talked to any "friends" in a little over a year now

At least the pussy's worth it, right guys? hahaha...
>>
>>39631878
what? i do want friends. i want someone to read The Earth and its Peoples with me
no friends over here
>>
I have a boyfriend and just graduated from college. I figure that I'll make work friends soon or just get into painting something. I'm not super lonely, just bored sometimes.
>>
>>39635205
You seem like a real jerk but a lot of people on 4chan are schizotypal. If that answers things.
>>
>>39631878
I don't have any acquaintances, let alone friends. As for why, I don't know desu. My life just turned out this way naturally.
>>
I don't really have an innate urge to make friends. I just have never really gotten that feeling of, "Wow, I really want to be that guy's friend! He seems cool and we'd get along!"
>>
>>39631878
Because I'm a sad sissy boy and nobody likes that
>tfw no gal pals to talk about boys with
>tfw no cute guy friends to hit on or just be friends with
>>
>>39636837
Hey I'd be your free, where you at?
>>
>>39631878
>why do you not have friends
South Africa.
>>
>>39636851
Chicago IL
There are NO CHICAGOFAGS on this board and it sucks
>>
File: 1435619289306.gif (495KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
1435619289306.gif
495KB, 500x223px
>>39636890
welp yep, aus here.
Sorry
>>
>>39636879
find other boers you autist.
>>
I've honestly in my entire life met maybe two people I actually want to be friends with.
And one of them died.
The rest I've just sort of settled in with because they were my only options.
>>
>>39636879
I hope the niggers there genocide all you guys. You're so fucking whiny
>>
I don't understand how you can go through life without ever making a single friend.

Do you not go out and meet people
>>
So the reason 90% of people here are friendless is because they watch anime and are, in the definition of the word, a fucking weeaboo
Try disprove me
>>
>>39631878
I can't hold friendships because I either get bored or don't care enough about them outside of a mutually beneficial relationship. And no, I don't get lonely.
>>
>>39636890
Oh shit I'm from Milwaukee, what area code dude?
>>
Any melbourne bro's?
>>
>>39636960
gr8 post chaim
>>
>>39636967
It does happen. I've had 2 friends, but they were only friends of convenience. They were gone as soon as they had others to talk to.
>>
>>39636967
>Do you not go out and meet people
How do you even meet people? Do you actually have to talk to humans?
>>
>>39637099
Thanks Cleetus
>>
>>39637060
Yeah I'm around there. What area code?
>>
>>39636932
You try exploring the fucking streets you shithead.
>>
>>39637058
IDK I live in south central Chicago. I kinda wanna visit Milwaukee at some point actually tho
>>
>>39637181
3198 dude, what about you?
>>
>>39637210
Yeah dude can you drink?
>>
>>39631878
i had a great group of friends and extended friends. then i got in an argument with a nigger at a party and called him a nigger. i haven't been invited to a party since and 99% of my friends have stopped talking to me. this was 6 months ago.
>>
I have friends but I dislike them all
Everything and everybody just turned out to be boring and uninteresting
>>
>satire
is this true. Normies think my life is too pathetic to even exist.
>>
>>39637231
Yeah bro can you drink?
>>
im 42 and i have not one friend, and never had a gf. if someone even talks to me, i almost start crying
>>
I am schizophrenic so i hallucinate people talking to me all the time and get plenty of socialization that way. Paranoid around people.Cheap as a jew demon, unwilling to spend money. Don't drink or do drugs. Tranquilzed so i'm exhausted. Work full time. Had friends in school, but they've gone away. Never went to college. Don't know how to make friends. Have no sex drive because tranquilizers. I chat with people at work but would not want to see them outside of work. Decent looking and in decent shape, crazy as fuck though. Kind of like an abused dog that doesn't like human contact just because of having hallucinated so much and used to have terrible rage issues because of hallucinations that hearing people talking is exhausting. I'm also boring as fuck. Also I live with my parents and i'm 25 so I don't try to get with women because that would be shameless. I've got a few hundred friends on facebook but I don't talk to them or use facebook at all. I was mildly popular/normal in highschool but i've always been an introvert. I'm just too fucking exhausted from work and tranquilizers to want to have any sort of social life. I'm not upset about it, i like it. I have plenty of friends, even though they are just hallucinations.
>>
>>39637408
I hate when time traveling me comes back in time.
>>
>>39637408
Are you actually 42 or are you memeing? Because if you are, where do you live?
>>
>>39631878
do online friends count? I have a couple of those

haven't had any actual friends irl since early in high school.

I ending up alienating all of my old friends in one way or another, and ever since any time an acquaintance tries to become closer friends with me I instinctively try to push them away and/or avoid them.

I don't know why I do it, it's probably for the best though, at least for them.
>>
I'm just too fucked in the head to trust people. Not sure I even like the idea of people as a concept. I love my brother enough to kind of make up for what an otherwise hateful fuck I am.
>>
>>39631878
It's been 10 years since I had what one would consider real actual friends and not just well-wishers or acquaintances.

I don't miss it, well maybe a little bit but not really.

Most of my friends were losers like me and we didn't have much in common we just sort of hung out with each by default because no one else wanted to hang out with us. A lot of them became very needy and clingy after high school and so it was like having a girlfriend that you couldn't fuck and was also a dude.

There are also some other friends that didn't get on my nerves or anything but our lives just took different paths and that was that.
>>
File: sad truth.jpg (38KB, 935x746px) Image search: [Google]
sad truth.jpg
38KB, 935x746px
>>39631878
I have friends but they're all from highschool and I only communicate with them in discord or steam chat really.

I look like a completely normal guy but I have absolutely no friends or social life at my university.
>>
i cant empathise with people and dont care enough to act like i care, honestly i can hardly even empathise with myself
>>
>>39637295
You go to monash? RMIT?
>>
>>39637257
lol you fucking idiot keep your mouth shut
>>
>>39631878
how do i make friends? i don't know how. seems like everybody already has their friends and nobody would want me
>>
>>39631878
I wanted friends when I was younger. But I longed for a partner in crime, a friend forever, a friend who would go through thick and thin with me, live an adventure.
Shortly thereafter I realized this would never happen and I sunk into a very weird lifestyle, eventually I gave up on people.
I just wanna try and stay alive nowadays OP.
>>
>>39631878
i have friends but i still feel lonely around them
>>
File: 64838283.jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
64838283.jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
>>39631878
>are there seriously people out there who have no friends?
Yes
I do want friends, but people who already have friends see no value in making ***good new longterm friends unless there's something of value in it for them***.

Also finding other people who don't have any friends who will ***actually make good friends and share similar hobbies*** is impossible.

I rest my case.
>>
File: spongebob-gif-fish.gif (167KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob-gif-fish.gif
167KB, 400x289px
>but are there seriously people out there who have no friends?

Yeah, I would say I fall into that.
I had a circle of friends in school, since school was the binding glue that kept us all together (and of course we were about the same age) but once you leave school and start work its another story.

You start your job, and unless you work for google or some other tech place , you find that is a wide age variance there. From fresh faced interns, green thumb new hires, jaded veterans that have been there for over a decade, to nearly retired men.
You fit in somewhere in that, and guess what, your pool of potential friends that is near your age is kind of small. You get a long with people just fine, these are acquaintances not friends.
So you're stuck being a rock and a hard place, you feel like you can't really relate to the younger people, and don't feel like you have enough in common with the older generation either, the few people around your age , well you don't really get along that well to bother seeing them outside of work.

And then even if you do keep in touch with your friends from school (or your last job) well their lives have diverged greatly from yours.
You want to hang out Friday night with them ? Sorry, they have a dinner with their gf's parents that night, or need to watch their kid, or just are working on something.
The times where you can just call up a bud and do something/hang out are gone, these things now need to be planned ahead of time, way ahead of time.
Turns out keeping friends now is hard, and you let your friendships lapse.

Its been a while since you saw them, the longer you haven't seen them for, the less you are inclined to do so.

So you end up working, going home, loafing around on the pc, going to sleep and repeating that cycle.

I have to add that having a gf/bf is not the same thing as having a friend, while their roles can overlap a bit they fill very different aspects of your social needs.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.