[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck if I know

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: af7.jpg (61KB, 573x619px) Image search: [Google]
af7.jpg
61KB, 573x619px
Okay. Since I'm here anyway, might as well ask you fucks this. What is empathy? Do you feel it? What does it do for you? Why does not caring about people you don't know makes you sociopathic? Why is watching people die freaking people out? They're not you. They're not your family. Why would you care? They just die. People die every fucking day. The gargles are not nice, yeah, but nothing to freak out about. Anyway. Why is interest in watching people die considered SICK and DISGUSTING, SOCIOPATHIC, etc? It's not like I'm jacking off to their deaths, I get no satisfaction from it, it's just interesting. Some cunt calls me a sociopath. Well fuck you, at least I'm not a confirmed schizo.

This post is a fucking mess, jesus.
>>
>>39627865
Dunno anon, I just keep that to myself regardless. Arguing about it is pointless.
>>
>>39627893
Care to specify? I wrote too much unrelated shit here. Or related.
>>
File: smugarin.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smugarin.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>39627865
Because most people do. 90% of societal expectations don't make sense when you break them down like that. But going out of your way to watch people die conveys ill intent. If you're unfazed by watching people die that means people recognize you'd be fine watching them die, which is unsettling.
>>
>>39627941
I did see some suicidal shitlord die, broke his ribs and drowned in his own blood, while I sat nearby and watched him slowly die. Kinda cool.
>>
>>39627865
>Sociopath: One who is affected with antisocial behavior.
>Dumb whore: A person, usually a girl, who is both a complete idiot and a complete slut. She is usually never aware of what is going on around her.

Just because a skunk stinks doesn't mean you have to rub it in.
>>
>>39627941
Also
>going out of your way to watch people die conveys ill intent

I would honestly kill someone out of sheer interest, if I were guaranteed no punishment. I've seen people die in various ways, but not ALL ways, obviously. Gargling noises are not nice to listen to, so I'd prefer a gun. Why am I telling you all this?
>>
>>39627981
What do you mean? I'm bad with metaphors. Terrible, really.
>>
>>39627865
Obligatory edgy response

Anyway, you have to admit that having an interest in watching people die is a pretty weird thing to do. That being said even people who use Reddit have a board for it so it's not like you're some mentally damaged person. You shouldn't feel bad enough to make a whole post about it.
>>
>>39628126
Not feeling bad, geniune interest here. Why is having little empathy considered sociopathic?
>>
>>39628061
You may be a sociopath, but who cares. That's just what some dumb whore thinks. Be better than the stereotypes that come with the labels that idiots give you.
>>
>>39628172
But I'm not a fucking sociopath. I just don't care about people that I don't know. Not in an edgy way, but I wouldn't care if any of you died right now.
Yeah, I sound like an edgy shitlord.
>>
>>39628160
That's what the term identifies.
>>
>>39628275
>affected with antisocial behavior
>I wouldn't care if any of you died right now
ANON, you need people to make a society. Geez.
>>
>>39628288
I know. But why? Isn't it completely normal to lack empathy towards random people?
>>
>>39628308
No. Not even remotely.
>>
>>39628293
Yeah. I'm not saying that I would go and fucking kill everyone in my sight.
Okay, if I went and killed myself, would you care? Probably not, I'm not your friend, bf\gf, family member\etc. You're not obliged to care about me and my well-being.

How is this antisocial behaviour?
>>
>>39628160
You might have more than you're letting on. But I don't think you're a sociopath if that's your only issue.
>>
>>39628332
How? And why? I don't understand, honestly.
>>
>>39628352
More? As in? My "sociopathy" isn't an issue, I'm not an edgy shitlord teenfuck that thinks mental issues are kewl and radical.
Anxiety is an issue for me, but pills made me feel like shit, so I just dumped them in the toiled. Officially sane now.
>>
>>39627909
Whenever someone dies or something happens I just keep a level head and assess what exactly is happening and how to deal with it. Arguing with others about it is completely pointless and if anyone asks I just respond with "It's a sad event, wish it was different blah blah blah blah". That's not to say I'm an emotionless robot, as I do experience them, especially anger, but overall I just don't get overly excited about a lot of things, I have more important shit to worry about and I expect the same from others.
>>
>>39628343
>Okay, if I went and killed myself, would you care?
I'm kind of bothered by you talking about it. I know that I don't have any obligation to anyone nor vice versa, but in building a society, one must recognize that other people's problems erode your own safety.
>>
>>39628360
Because it's commonplace, especially when provided details that correspond with one's own personal experience and a human face to associate. Bonus points if children. There are people who become visibly upon the realization of these events.
>>
>>39628407
Visibly distressed*
>>
>>39628401
Alright. Okay, different example. Say a guy dies somewhere on the planet and you see a video of him, well, dying. Do you care?
>>
As long as it doesn't make my life worse I couldn't care less.
I also think there are different scales in sociopathy same as with autism. There is a difference between being a cold blooded serial killer and not giving a shit about other people.
>>
>>39628422
I'd make a note not to do what he did.
I definitely wouldn't watch anyone getting snuffed in front of a woman, or talk about it. She'd probably start getting ideas about imminent rapemurder.
>>
>>39628407
Still don't get it. Why do people get distressed? I get uncomfortable by loud gargling, it's just not a nice sound, really. But nothing that makes me distressed?
>>
>>39628468
I'm not stupid enough to talk about this with normies, I'm a borderline social outcast as it is anyway.
>>
>>39627865
the question is would you care if it /were someone you were close to, like a family member or bf/gf?
>>
>>39627865
I'll be an armchair psychologist because I read a book once. Nobody is quite sure where empathy comes from, but there are reasons for it's existence. My personal favorite theory is that it exists because personal sacrifice for your group leads to a better chance of your genetics living on. For example, if you did something as simple as giving your hungry child or brother food instead of eating it yourself, you're doing something that keeps them alive longer, thus making your genetics more likely to survive. When it comes to people you are not directly related to, it moves more into social norm territory, but the same base emotion and logic still stands. If everyone looks out for everyone in a society, then the society will be better off than if everyone was purely individualistic. If you don't expirince empathy, you are part of the 4% of the population that is a sociopath. This doesn't necessarily mean that you're a danger to others, it just means you don't feel the deep connection that normal people few toward each other. If you're on /r9k/, chances are you're the type of sociopath that uses their lack of conscience to justify their laziness, because you lack both the moral concept of self and collective reliance, and the personal drive the improve yourself. But back to your talk about watching people die, that's a pretty normal thing for people like you. You don't feel disgust normal people do, so it makes sense that you would enjoy gore.
>>
>>39628521
Obviously. That would greatly inconvenience, along with getting me depressed.
>>
>>39628469
I'd assume it's biological programming mixed with the social values instilled in us during our formative years. Swiping a product with the intent to steal makes my heart sink and I feel riddled with guilt. Also-also, innate desire to protect children/attractive women. Maybe there's some "that could be me/my friend/my kid" association amplifying your feelings about a given circumstance.
>>
>>39628556
Never think about it. It could be me, but it's not me. If I were to choose how I'd die - mass murder-suicide.
>>
>>39628537
>you're the type of sociopath
Not a sociopath.

>But back to your talk about watching people die, that's a pretty normal thing for people like you. You don't feel disgust normal people do, so it makes sense that you would enjoy gore.

People like me? Also, I don't enjoy gore. It's slimy, warm and feels weird. I just find people dying interesting.
>>
>>39628582
Sure. My point is that's potentially why others may experience a revelation to tragedy differently to how you're accustomed. There's a possible cognitive link with people for which they're more likely to hold stronger sentiments
>>
>>39628638
They're just weird if you ask me.
>>
>>39628389
Yeah I think you're just being a teenage cool guy. This really isn't even an issue you should concern yourself with, especially if you have no empathy. A lot of people are like you, pointless thread
>>
>>39628699
One cunt keeps calling me a borderline sociopath with developing generalised anxiety disorder. While being a paranoid schizo on meds. Shit made me mad, and I just dumped my thought in the process. And I'm not a teenager anymore. Also, not cool. Yay me?
>>
Shameless self-bump because I feel the need to keep this discussion going to avoid sleep
>>
Come on you fucks, it's not 3am here
>>
>>39629292
Not even 3am here*
Fuck me
>>
>>39627865
I can feel empathy, but very rarely.

>justfuckmyshitupfam.png
>>
>>39629323
Never said I don't feel empathy in general. Only towards close people. Does that make sense?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.