[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does columbine still give anyone else chills? Something about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (51KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 540x404px
Does columbine still give anyone else chills?

Something about this one still makes me uneasy almost 20 years later. The whole "early, brisk spring morning" thing with kids just naturally attending school, unsuspecting of anything unusual. The vibes I get from it really creep me out.
>>
Why this school shooting in particular?

The Breivik shooting is spookiest to me. Be young teen out on fieldtrip to nice island. Fucking amateur commando arrives and proceeds to play an nonconsensual most dangerous game with everyone on the island. Oh, and also same amateur commando just set off a large explosive outside a government building an hour or two before.
>>
File: S01e11_how_'bout_a_love_song.gif (832KB, 288x217px) Image search: [Google]
S01e11_how_'bout_a_love_song.gif
832KB, 288x217px
>back into a corner
>he misses 30 times before killing you

Most painful death desu
>>
>tfw googling colombine always brings up the massacre

They tainted it.
>>
It was the first one. The marker of civilization gone astray. We didn't understand it, we all spread myths about it and had no idea how to handle it.
We watched it on the news and it was all new to us. That level of insanity was totally alien to us.

And now it's so common you can't even tell me the last time it happened without looking it up.

But even to this day I don't think they've been matched. All the shooters have had anonymous targets. Walk randomly into a college, an elementary school, a theatre, a mall.
These guys hit their own school. A school they'd been in for a long time and where they knew everyone. I think that takes something more than those others.
>>
>>39626205
They were foreigners and leftist scum. Breivik is a hero.
>>
File: 1504130235082.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1504130235082.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>39626076
The worst part about it is that the shooters were pretty much kids themselves.

I mean at 18 the processing speed is there, but the mental and emotional stability isn't.
>>
>>39626525
Get the fuck outta here, behavioral sink retard.
>>
Speaking of school shootings, Lanza was 101% right
>>
>>39626961
What was he right about?
I'm curious.
>>
>>39626984
https://youtu.be/wLHCuzW3-uA
>>
>>39626961
>>39627077
Lanza being a government conspiracy was a government conspiracy to attempt to discredit his view on life by making him look ingenuous and invalid. That kind of ideology is the most dangerous to those who control the masses, because their entire system is dependent upon people perceiving society itself as inherently valuable and important.
>>
File: dankness.png (675KB, 1035x913px) Image search: [Google]
dankness.png
675KB, 1035x913px
>>39626525
it wasn't the first school shooting idiot
>>
File: 1504339898845.png (152KB, 354x310px) Image search: [Google]
1504339898845.png
152KB, 354x310px
>>39627145
If this is a true motivation, why wasn't the audio log widely disseminated to the populace?

I don't recall ever hearing it.
>>
>>39626076
I'm so fucked up I only just laugh at the memes.
>>
>>39627798
Haha you're such an edgy badass. Everyone does faggot.
>>
File: good.jpg (9KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
9KB, 215x234px
>>39626076
The thing I like about Columbine is that they did it together, none of this lone wolf shit, just two buds having some fun
>>
>>39626409
>>39626409
>implying anyone would google columbine before the massacre anyway
>>
>>39626525
the first school shooting was done by some tree niggers in the 1700s or some shit
>>
File: 1489724452596.png (2MB, 1000x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1489724452596.png
2MB, 1000x1330px
I think it was the first shooting that proved to normies, that people like Eric and Dylan existed.

It's also the most notorious, has made a lot of people influenced by it to do the same thing themselves.
>>
>>39626076
What really disturbes me about the situation was how slowly the detectives ordered the brisk search of the school to go.
It was appropriate protocol, and their suspicious were correct, the boys HAD planned to hurt the SWAT team (bombs never worked).
But in the meantime that teacher bled the fuck out. The students put up a sign in the window and they still took 3 fucking hours to save the poor fellow.
One kid was so badly injured he flailed his bloody body out of the 2nd or 3rd story window so the first responders could save his ass.
Like, I'm no detective under the pressure of a serious situation like this, but it still pisses me off people died because the police took so much caution to protect the force/structure of the school.
>>
>>39626830
Dylan was still 17 when the shooting happened and Eric had just turned 18 I think
>>
>>39628111
It was because this was before they had a proper response to school shooting, and they didn't even know how many shooters were involved or even what they looked like I believe.
>>
>>39626525
1. They weren't the first. A guy back in the 1920s set off explosives at a school I believe.
2. Harris and Klebold have been topped by Cho, and no don't give me that BS that it was a college so it doesn't count. It definitely counts.
>>
What gives me even more chills is the Germanwings Flight 9525 plane crash where the guy felt like killing himself aboard a plane with no survivors.
>>
>>39629556
that guy was a big baneposter
>>
>>39629556
It amazes me how we constantly live *just* on the brink of catastrophe.
>>
Columbine wasn't the first, and it wasn't the last.

Some guy in the 1920's killed like 80 kids lol. cho killed like 30 people, brevik snuffed 70 little leftist faggots.

But why do remember columbine?

Redpill: because of their aesthetic, and the existence of footage.

It's ALL about image, even in death.

We remember elliot, why? Because he was aesthetic and had tonnes of footage.
>>
>>39627279
>>et all

Didn't say it was you fucking retards.
It was the first one that hit the global news networks that anyone gave a shit about.
>>
>>39626076
Well for one Eric and Dylan were the most /fa/

Their look is iconic now
>>
>>39626076
There are times where i just spend a lot of time researching everything about them and the shooting. I cant tell why but something about this particular shooting captures all my attention.

I honestly can't find why it's so interesting to me but it is, more so than any other mass murder.

I think what you said is pretty accurate in part though
>>
>>39629706

Well it was also the start, and remains one of the most visceral examples of the "outsider kid snaps and takes revenge" narratives. Earlier stuff just doesn't measure up. Whitman had a brain tumor, Kehoe was a disgruntled employee, much less interesting.
>>
>>39629767
>same pair of gloves but both of them are wearing them on their right hand
>Dylan holding his gun right handed when he was left handed
These trigger me.
>>
File: tumblr_otkxl8P7sU1wo710lo3_1280.png (555KB, 1044x584px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otkxl8P7sU1wo710lo3_1280.png
555KB, 1044x584px
>>39626076
Why is it that nothing gives me "chills"? Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>39629556

Just before the Germanwings crash happened, I saw this odd dream, about someone walking past my door in the corridor, whistling happily all the way, and when I woke up, my first thought was that it was Death, walking in that corridor. Soon after that I got to hear about the crash. THAT gave me some chills.
>>
File: 015.jpg (33KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
33KB, 450x350px
His school life was fucked but doesn't get much coverage.
>>
>>39626076
It's because of the duo dynamic.

Everyone else has been a lone shooter.

It's creepy because two minds came to this conclusion to shoot up the school.
>>
>>39630299
>It's creepy because two minds came to this conclusion to shoot up the school.
What's creepy about that? If you look around here, you come to a conclusion that such a thought is not that uncommon.

I wonder if people are fascinated by killers to get some chills or creeps? That's new to me.
>>
>>39626076
Why are people so obsessed with Columbine? I fucking hate their tumblr fangirls. Incredibly pathetic. There are far creepier events, like

>Aurora theater shooting
>Dunblane school shooting
>Kampala wedding shooting
>Martin Bryant's rampage

Fuck Eric and Dylan. I'll take any other shooter over them.
>>
>>39626961
This so much. Fuck civilization.
>>
>>39626525
>It was the first one.
>Bath school (1927)
>Stockton elementary (1989)
>Dunblane elementary (1996)
>Westside middle (1998)
>Thurston high (1998)
>>
>>39626076
They were just bullied kids that watched the matrix too many times.
>>
What really freaks me out about it is, had I been just a little less stable and born in a different time, I could have become this.

It's this video that really scares the shit out of me.
https://youtu.be/su_vpW3mM5w

Sure it's edgy poorly made bullshit, but it's also exactly the kind of thing I would have (and was) making at that age.
>>
>"Hey Dylan, w-what are you doing?"

>"(sigh) just killing people."

John Savage probably shit himself right there.
>>
>>39626076
Oh yeah.
>apparently Klebold ran the TV news for the high school
>changed it to "You shouldn't have come today".

>parents found out their kids were dead on newspaper covers

>police framing Brooks Brown because he and others criticized their sloppy performance
>when one kid with a head injury is removed from the library you can see the cops drop him

>that teacher hiding in a closet near the library
>listening

>brooks using the memory of the massacre to get BPD teenage girls to send him nudes

>"What are you doing, Dylan?"
>"Killing people."

>"Get out of here Brooks, I like you now."

It's been years since my obsession with the massacre but damn.

>>39626205
Apparently Brevik told people he was a cop, and that's how he was ferried to the island, how he got people to comeback out of hiding, etc.

>>39626525
>the first one
Who is Charles Whitman you stupid cunt. And even he's not the first.

Columbine was incessantly reported on, I'll give you that. I think it currently rivals 9/11 for publications.

>>39626830
The emotional immaturity of both boys is astounding.

>>39627985
It's a popular flower you dolt.

>>39628111
The cops were fucking pussies and liars. Brooks, as flawed as he is, made an excellent point when he said "the cops didn't get those kids out, they got themselves out". For fuck's sake, Klebold and Harris fucked around shooting bowling pins on rampart range and you're telling me that's not matched by a group of trained cops? Un-fucking-believable. They exchanged fire with them through the library windows. Astounding.

>>39629706
This. Most people understand now that these people love attention, and shit on news stations for over reporting. Back then, it was open season for news crews. Elliot used the internet to supplement what had changed in recent years regarding broadcasting.

>>39629767
Oh yeah. And they had great music taste. Got me into Smashing Pumpkins.

>>39629891
True.
>>
>>39627985
They're beautiful flowers.
>>
File: 1503068360528.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1503068360528.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>>39632002
>brooks using the memory of the massacre to get BPD teenage girls to send him nudes

what the fuck
>>
File: Khaleesi.jpg (101KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
Khaleesi.jpg
101KB, 970x546px
>>39626076
It's hard to put words to my feelings on this event but I think this is something humans have always been capable of and, for some, compelled to.

I think we put a lot of work into upholding this idea that humans are trustworthy because that's essential for the stability of society, and I don't think I'm a faggot for saying that a stable society is better than an unstable one (imagine farming your crop for a year only to have some asshole burn your field with no consequences. Your wife and kids starve while he gets away with it- fuck that. We need laws and punishment and social safety nets)

But when you think about it- there's no way of connecting to anybody else. It's always the images interacting with images, you're presenting a purposeful character to them, they're doing the same for you, and each of you accomplish your ends from this mutually-agreed-upon illusion. You get your chik-fil-a sandwich, they get their hourly pay. You get your loving wife and dinner, she gets healthy children and the stability of a man. You never know what's in that noggin. There's guys who are shocked when their wife of thirty years sleeps with some rando they never knew she could even be attracted to- and in hindsight it all makes sense right? But not even the sharpest could predict her action. The real deep actuality of each person remains hidden from everyone including themselves.

Sometimes someone just gives up on holding up that mask- and it's a cowardly failure, not a brave action or honesty (because there is no honesty), and it's shocking. It really reminds you about the imperceptibility of other's true intentions and capabilities.

Cont...
>>
File: Khal drogo.jpg (173KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Khal drogo.jpg
173KB, 500x750px
>>39632467

...cont

Once you've got that worm in your mind you never rest easy, riding the bus can feel like the most terrifying thing you do. The trick is somehow functioning without being paranoid with the worm of the mind.

Honestly I think cathartic, anonymous communication like on 4chan actually really helps. I like what I see even though you guys are under no obligation to be anything but your truest selves on here.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.