[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you follow Taoism, robos?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (51KB, 463x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 463x513px
Why don't you follow Taoism, robos?
>>
Zhuangzi is my favourite book I've read it 3 times.
>>
>>39623466
Because I follow zen buddism
>>
>>39623507
But Zen is fanfiction-tier Buddhism and that's assuming it's legit Zen. Odds are well over 90% that the "Zen" you follow is some nonsense interpretation brought out of Asia in the 50s and 60s by baby boomers.
>>
One advantage or ugliness is that you eventually get tired of following girls and getting rejected. Then you turn to other things, find stuff like Taoism and other phylosophies and you get educated about how to world works and how interesting life really is.

It is dangerous, because when a girl finally gives you attention, you blow away all you learned from your readings and you create a cognitive dissonance when you have a deception in love, which turns into mental problems. It is, therefore, better to not be a virgin before undertaking Taoism.
>>
File: 1417921013467.png (364KB, 564x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1417921013467.png
364KB, 564x1086px
>>39623560
The mahayana isn't fanfiction you dumb stupid fucking idiot.
>he doesn't think that Mahakasyapa understood the entirety of the Buddha's teachers during that moment
DUMB
>>
>>39623560
>my religion vs your religion
doh geesus
>>
I'm into Watts' amalgamation.
>>
>>39623600
>"Zen school was strongly influenced by Taoism and developed as a distinct school of Chinese Buddhism. "
lol

>Buddha-nature
lol

>look at websites of well-known Western Zen monasteries
>they literally require you to pay them in order to visit, often asking absurd sums for stays as short as a week
>mfw you expect me to take seriously people who prostitute the Dhamma
lol
>>
>>39623689
Chinese buddhism is better honestly.
>mfw get to worship my ancestors and also reflect on karma and rebirth through buddhism
You have to have chinese blood though so it's probably impossible for you to experience just how amazing it feels.
>>
>>39623466
Because I follow stoicism.
>>
>>39623705
Yes it was influenced by Chan buddhism so fucking what.
And taoism can be viewed more as a philosophy and ethical system if you need to and it'd be completely valid.
Fuck you.
>look at websites of well-known Western Zen monasteries
lmao you're so fucking clueless buddy.
Why don't you take a step back before I smack your face in cunt?
>>
>>39623466
Because I'm a leader, not a follower.
>>
>>39623782
I'm sorry for making this post, by the way. It's really dumb, but I knew that when I was posting it.
>>
>>39623746
Sorry lad didn't know you were posting from ye olde Japan, reading your Zen books entirely in Chinese and Japanese. Oh, you're not? You're getting it filtered through Westernized teachers? How about that.

>Yes it was influenced by Chan buddhism so fucking what.
So it's fanfiction. Zen is what happened to real Buddhism after it spent a few centuries being filtered through Chinese folk religions. Don't know how you're gonna take a religion that originated in India and say, "Yeah, the correct interpretation of Buddhism is what the Chinese invented 500 years after the Buddha died." Nigga you a joke.
>>
>>39623724
That's far too specific for me to buy into, and it makes you sound like you want to be better than other people. I just think that the universe is one entity.
>>
>>39623797
It's kind of right though, a good visualization is that Tao is the space between the dog and it's tail when it chases it.
>>
>>39623818
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
>chinese folk religions
Fuck I almost thought you were serious. The people who syncretised buddhism weren't your ordinary peasants, they were scholars of the highest quality and therefore you do them a disservice by dismissing them as 'folk religions'.
>reading your Zen books entirely in Chinese and Japanese
Sorry I have no interest in zen buddhism but you insult me personally by insinuating that the mahayana is fanfiction.
Good luck sitting in your stupid fucking close minded therevada cunt.
I bet you just love feeling so fucking smug about your canon, hurr durr we don't need no amitabha/guan yin we can do it all ourselves ahahahaha
And I'm CHINESE, my BLOOD guarantees me that I KNOW THIS SHIT.
Fucking clueless westerner trying to tell me about my OWN RELIGION.
Buddha's teachings isn't words it's transcendent, the dharma doesn't lie just in pages it's real and the chinese got it right. The indians were just clueless but the Budhda knew WE would know it so he transmitted it.
Let me guess you don't believe in telepathy/teleportation? You aren't a buddhist poseur.
>>
>>39623919
>And I'm CHINESE, my BLOOD guarantees me that I KNOW THIS SHIT.
Ahh, it all starts to make sense now. You don't actually know anything about the subject, you've just got some kind of silly racial pride over the issue.
>being proud of being product of centuries of rape
I hope you realize that the Chinese who "syncretised buddhism" had literally nothing in common, genetically, with modern Chinese, including yourself. You're the little mongrel product of all the groups that have raped and pillaged their way across China over the centuries.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Ch%C3%A1n#Introduction_of_Buddhism_in_China_.28c._200.E2.80.93500.29
>Buddhism was exposed to Confucian and Taoist influences when it came to China. Goddard quotes D.T. Suzuki, calling Chan a "natural evolution of Buddhism under Taoist conditions". Buddhism was first identified to be "a barbarian variant of Taoism", and Taoist terminology was used to express Buddhist doctrines in the oldest translations of Buddhist texts, a practice termed "matching the concepts".
>implying that this isn't fanfiction

Let's not forget that this was all taking place literally half a millennia after the death of the Buddha. Just give it up son, go jerk off over some posters of Confucius and stop pretending that you're capable of understanding foreign religions.
>>
>>39624104
No you stupid cunt my family is from the south we lived as kings we have a family plate we have a mansion we have remained pure and untouched.
And that's beside the point it's irrelevant.
THE BUDDHA INSPIRED TAOISM BEFORE HIS FINAL REBIRTH
Get your ass out of your head and see it.
>and stop pretending that you're capable of understanding foreign religions.
ahahahaahahahahahaha how very funny.That's dripping with delicious irony.
A foreigner telling Buddha's chosen ones that he does not understand the religion of the Buddha.
>>
>>39624104
And sorry if stupid foreigner doesn't understand this but I'm fucking done talking to you.
Don't reply to me ever again, it's clear that you were dropped as a baby. Fucking racist
>>
File: 15041750594372.jpg (47KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
15041750594372.jpg
47KB, 626x626px
>>39623919
>>39624104
>>39624162
If either of you were truly knew something this back and forth wouldn't be taking place.
>>
>>39624162
>No you stupid cunt my family is from the south we lived as kings
Did you actually just fucking go Chinese WE WUZ KANGS on me?

>THE BUDDHA INSPIRED TAOISM BEFORE HIS FINAL REBIRTH
>The Chinese are Buddha's chosen ones
This is hilarious. Hey, if the Chinese are so great, how come nobody gives a fuck about your actual indigenous religious (except for airhead white girls who love their starbucks taoism) and all you have to be proud of is Zen which people only know about because the Japanese decided to show you how to do it right?
>>
File: 38256.gif (358KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
38256.gif
358KB, 540x304px
I am a buddhist, and it's been working great for me.

>>39623725
Once you look up beyond the hippy-feel-good facade buddhism has in the West you realize stoicism is pretty much the same only that's native for western cultures. You could take dozens of verses of the Dhammapadda and make fake quotes pretending it was Marcus Aurelius or Seneca who said it and most people would buy it because most of the teachings of both stoicism and buddhism are the same but discovered by different cultures.

>If a man disciplines, instructs and restrains them from what is not right, he will be dear to the good, and disliked by the bad. 77
>Don't cultivate the company of bad companions. Don't cultivate depraved men. Cultivate companions of good character. Cultivate superior men. 78
>Navvies channel water, fletchers fashion arrows, and carpenters work on wood, but the wise disciple themselves. 80
>Like a solid rock is not shaken by the wind, so the wise are not moved by praise or blame. 81
>The wise find peace on hearing the truth, like a deep, clear, undisturbed lake. 82
>The good renounce everything. The pure don't babble about sensual desires. Whether touched by pleasure or pain, the wise show no change of temper. 83
>>
>>39624278
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTHR_omZtXc
>>
>>39624319
>when you try to talk shit on foreigners but just end up showing that you can't do anything but imitate American culture

It's kinda cute, actually.
>>
>>39624319
Is this supposed to prove that chinks don't understand rap and would rather do a poor imitation of it?
>>
Isn't it impossible not to follow the tao?
>>
File: 1504410499700.jpg (203KB, 1281x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1504410499700.jpg
203KB, 1281x1016px
Because I'm a mormon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.