[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Feel like shit all the time for no reason. >Doctor diagnoses

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Keikaku.png (9KB, 690x309px) Image search: [Google]
Keikaku.png
9KB, 690x309px
>Feel like shit all the time for no reason.
>Doctor diagnoses you with depression, and prescribes meds and therapy.
>Some people, on /r9k/ of all places, "Depression is a meme".

Who are these faggots? It's as retarded as the "just bee yourself" meme.
>>
>/r9k/ of all places

the board is for traps, fags, women, and normalcunts. what did you expect?
>>
Usually when people say depression isn't real, they're criticising people's reaction to havnig depression, rather than the depression itself.
>>
>>39619590
>women, and normalcunts
No fucking way.

>>39619614
No, I've seen people apparently seriously holding that opinion in here.
>>
Depression is a symptom, not a cause.
>>
>>39619676
Reread your post before embarassing yourself. You don't know what a symptom is. Depression is an illness, and has several symptoms. Of course it has a cause, but that's beside the point.
>>
>>39619550
Depression can save fixed, not cured. Modern medicine worsens it.

I can give you a recovery plan if you so need.
>>
>>39619756
>Modern, science based medicine
>Some random advice from a /r9k/ poster that bashes modern medicine.

Guess which one I'm picking.
>>
>>39619550
>go to doctors about depression
>refers me a mental health nurse.
>she tells me all I need is exercise and a positive mentality.

Is it easier to get help for depression in America or am I just such a failed cause I can't even get help.
>>
>>39619817
Exercise and trying to reframe your situations can help, but if you're so down that you can't pull yourself up, meds are needed.

It's a chemical imbalance in the brain that can't be reversed with sheer will, no matter what /pol/tards and other fools tell you.
>>
>>39619708
The typical reasoning goes my life is shit -> it's because i have depression, when really it's i have depression -> it's because my life is shit.
Pills won't help you at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_approaches_to_depression
>>
>>39619851
>Pills won't help you at all.

They already have. I can get up in the morning, go to work, be productive, have fun, enjoy things, and so on.

It's hard to hold a view that is proven wrong every second. Why do you keep trying?
>>
>>39619845
That's the thing. I use to exercise, then the depression hit, and now I lack the energy to do it.

How the hell am I supposed to exercise when I'm so depressed I can't.
>>
>>39619890
I'm sorry they didn't give you any meds. I'd go back and explain them the situation. Unless they are actually incompetent or malicious, they should prescribe you something.
>>
>>39619851
>Some psychiatrists raise the concern that evolutionary psychologists seek to explain hidden adaptive advantages without engaging the rigorous empirical testing required to back up such claims.

Great. Just great. Why not just ask /x/ for advice?
>>
>>39619902
The doctor suggested I see the mental health nurse because he feels like pills may not be the answer and chatting with someone regularly would probably be great for me and help me more.

I went to the mental health nurse (basically a glorified psychologist) and she was such a normie roastie it felt like she just wanted me out of her office and I was wasting her time. I didn't even tell her I felt suicidal because before I even got talking she was basically like 'do you do drugs, or alcohol' I said no, then she asked if I exercise and have a healthy lifestyle. I told her I don't work out like I use to, and that was it, she said 'exercise and a positive mentality will help'. Then said if I still feel I the way I do book another appointment. I've decided fuck that and just gonna get on with it.
>>
Pills are no better than placebo. The chemical model of depression is in the process of being discredited. "Clinical" depression does not exist.
>>
>>39620028
>The chemical model of depression is in the process of being discredited
Give us a call when it's finally discredited. i.e. Never.

kek. I don't know why people like you exist. Are you also against vaccines?
>>
>>39619550
link for the site? Originole
>>
>>39619550

People who have never had a mental illness of any sort, don't know how it feels. It's easy for them to say it's not real.
For me I'm convinced I know what causes my depression and I believe I can fix it, and I know how, I know what I need to do, but since i'm depressed it's too hard to get things done, so I'm locked at home all day every day and it's hard to even fall asleep. It's a cycle hard to break.
>>
File: 1503538547494.jpg (55KB, 567x436px) Image search: [Google]
1503538547494.jpg
55KB, 567x436px
>>39619550
>try to kill myself because the world is boring and I hate existing
>be put in mental ward for a month, miss doctor appointment a few days later and nobody spoke to me about it in the last few months.

Why does everything taste bland, and the only thing that feels nice is pain.
>>
File: 1496993194700.jpg (66KB, 800x682px) Image search: [Google]
1496993194700.jpg
66KB, 800x682px
>Thinking depression is real
>Depression is a meme
>>
>>39622445
There are two types.
A) normie depression of "im sad because I have no friends *slashes wrist for attention*"
B) person hates himself since he remembers himself, and attempted or is working on killing himself
>>
Depression is real but people overstate it as an excuse to be lazy all the fucking time. You also can't reply to their "give me advice" threads because they shut down suggestions with the depression and anxiety button

Don't wear the depression label.
>>
At least half the people on this board at any time aren't robots. They're just here for the freakshow.
>>
>>39619550
>expecting a depressed person to sit through 101 questions
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>39619851
Anon, there are people with non-shit lives who have depression.
>>
>>39619845
Depression for SOME is a chemical imbalance. Do research. It's usually because of external circumstances
>>
>>39622509
Or for r/4chan greentexts.
>>39622483
Well I mean for someone who doesn't get affected almost by medication and had been in therapy sessions twice in his life with no success wouldn't really care about "do sports!" "you need more sun!"
>>
>>39622483

Being depressed can make not being lazy impossible. The universe is deterministic, that means the chemicals in your brain literally control what you do. If they don't line up, you're physically incapable of doing action X or action Y. It's why you can be injected with certain drugs that make you do things uncontrollably
>>
>>39622547
CompIete fucking bullshit, clean your room
>>
File: 1492658535502.png (37KB, 489x487px) Image search: [Google]
1492658535502.png
37KB, 489x487px
>tfw live in a country where depression "doesn't really exist"

It's hell
>>
>>39622560

Okay I'll inject you with a sedative, I want to see you bootstrap willpower your way out of that one and go exercise and be CHAD or whatever magic you think you can do :)
>>
>>39622410
Mental pain is exteriorized through self harm and/or pain. When you feel pain you know where it comes from, that's why it "feel good".

At least that's how it was for me, I think
>>
>>39622518
this post is so dumb goddamn
>>
>>39622483
sounds like youve had bad conversations with people with depression/anxiety, doesnt really mean "people overstate it as an excuse to be lazy all the fucking time" though
you should be less offended by people not accepting your advice tbqh
>>
>>39622627
I don't like some types of pain (sore muscles, loud noise) but the rest feel kind of good and I don't know why..
>>
>>39619550
Like half the /r9k/ userbase at this point comes here just to get (you)s and then you have the people and bots spamming racebait and trapshit etc. The people who come here for honest discussion is a small minority and even fewer of those are actual "robots".
>>
aww poor baby, dady didnt love you? Need the flavor of the month con artist to tell you how to think?

fag.
>>
>>39622483
Why do you say this? I've forgotten what happiness feels like, and I've felt the same regardless of my circumstances. I'm reasonably successful, but I still want to die all the time. Depression runs in my family too.
>>
It's the normies flooding this place that are the ones coming out with that shit. Anyone who has or is suffering from depression would know damn well that it's not just a meme. It fucking sucks.
>>
>>39620110
I've read the current scientific literature. Chemical model of depression is already discredited in many circles, plus dysgenic effects of SSRI's are becoming more well known.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.