[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find it absurd how that no matter what path

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1472823093207.jpg (55KB, 868x494px) Image search: [Google]
1472823093207.jpg
55KB, 868x494px
Does anyone else find it absurd how that no matter what path you take in life, how you throw your dice today, tomorrow, a week from now, 3 months from now, a year from now, a decade from now, etc., the only GUARANTEE is suffering?

Like, no matter which way you move, act, behave, think, articulate yourself - you're going to suffer for sure. Happiness? Those good feels? Yeah, you might get them in small, transient doses when you eat, sleep, shit, have an orgasm, etc., but the predominating feeling is most definitely suffering and there is PLENTY of it to go around.

Think of how many ways there are to feel good. Now think of how many ways there are to feel bad. Have you ever seen an insect struggle for its life when you run water on it from a spigot or when it's circling the drain? Have you thought about what it feels like when your wings/legs/vital body part no longer work, you can no longer provide for yourself or your offspring, and you are forced with the reality of dying from starvation/thirst while you are completely immobilized but also lucidly conscious? This shit literally happens all the fucking time.

When people say "life is a gift" I just cannot contain my shit. Life isn't a gift. Life is just something that is much like rocks and dust are. It's just in a different configuration/pattern than rocks and dust but we attach all sorts of meaning to it because homo sapien brain. Life isn't even supposed to be good. You are just avoiding suffering and chasing orgasms/good feels. Nothing more than a cloud undergoing its various transformations because you don't want to starve, you don't want to get hurt, and you want to stick your penis in a pussy and fucking cum cum cum.

Everyone is getting all worked up over nothing.
>>
>>39615085
Most humans live lives they self-report as overall more happy than sad. This is a matter of opinion, and it depends on how good at avoiding suffering and chasing orgasms and good feels you are.

That said, you are also neglecting our built-in circuits to ascribe divine order and meaning. Humans evolved to have religious experiences in order to escape this horrible nihilism you describe.
>>
>>39615085
Anon are you me. I've thought about all of this exactly as you described.

I'm probably going to an hero, there's no point to any of this absurd struggle for naught..
>>
Give Buddhism an honest shot. Buddhist teaching is predicated on the idea that all of life is suffering and a lot of the spiritual practices involve accepting this and moving past it.
>>
File: schope.jpg (14KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
schope.jpg
14KB, 300x358px
In the first place, a man never is happy, but spends his whole life in striving after something which he thinks will make him so; he seldom attains his goal, and when he does, it is only to be disappointed; he is mostly shipwrecked in the end, and comes into harbor with masts and rigging gone. And then, it is all one whether he has been happy or miserable; for his life was never anything more than a present moment always vanishing; and now it is over.
>>
After being here a while I think robots (including me) are always looking for excuses and are essentially lazy and just take the easiest option.

I know this because my robothood hit me later in life, I look back to when I was happier, and it was simply a case of reeping what I sewn.

I guarantee the vast majority of robots are not fulfilling their potential, because it's "too hard"
>>
File: let go.jpg (46KB, 357x444px) Image search: [Google]
let go.jpg
46KB, 357x444px
struggle is your only birthright, embrace it or quit fighting and die. simple.
>>
>>39615335
guy was waaayyyy too ahead of his time
>>
I know in my heart there exists a series of actions that if completed would allow to me get a qt 3.14 gf. This is what lets me endure the suffering.
>>
File: j4by7yansdcz.png (290KB, 1198x420px) Image search: [Google]
j4by7yansdcz.png
290KB, 1198x420px
That's the problem.

If you had to struggle in the first place then it means you're weak, struggle is for the weak and inferior.

Chad doesn't struggle.
>>
>>39615524
the strong are strong because they struggle harder when they don't have to in order to survive, you dumbass. go lift weights you'll see what I mean.
you have never struggled. you only suffer. that's the difference
>>
>>39615573
I do lift weights, what I said was true. Working twice as hard for a fraction of what chad gets is just laughable.

Your work is in vain.
>>
>>39615573
Testosterone is super redpilled.

High test makes better gains and has all kinds of health benefits, if you were bullied then your cortisol levels are up and test drops.

This life is brutal.
>>
>>39615085
Life is essentially standing on a sea of burning coal and constantly trying to reach the few spots where there's currently no coal. Meh i think schopenhauer said it better.
>>
Suffering is what makes you strong. You have to suffer to grow, if you cant handle it oh well what you gonna do? Kill yourself? You might think that will end the suffering but that will only cause those around to suffer. Nothing is worse than non existence. Cling to life as long as you can and die content that you werent weak enough to give up.
>>
>>39615335
>for his life was never anything more than a present moment always vanishing; and now it is over.

Fucking hell this guy makes benatar and ligotti look like beginners.
>>
File: 1503887714498.jpg (512KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1503887714498.jpg
512KB, 1024x768px
>>39615085
I have unironically transcended the "suffering" and "pleasure"
>>
>>39615797
>nothing is worse than non existence

I don't know, non existence sounds extremely comfy.
>>
>>39615361
There is no such thing as potential, you are what you are and that's that. Unless you believe you are above cause and effect which naturally means you're also insane and/or incredibly ignorant.
>>
>>39615797
>Nothing is worse than non existence.

It is entirely possible to be optimistic without going full retard...
>>
>>39615085
>Everyone is getting all worked up over nothing.

It's not nothing, it's the only game in town.

Better to suffer in style at least, beats being bored all the time.
>>
>>39615797
>Nothing is worse than non existence.
Yeah, I am sure every dead person and every hypothetical soul that was never born is really pissed off right now... Oh wait.
>>
I've "grown" enough. Life has become intolerable. There are only dire options left for me
>>
damn, this thread proves how gay all of you really are
>>
>>39615138
But are you not curious to see what happens next, it's one hell of a show and we have front row seats
>>
just become chad guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAgFQLaUp_c

:o)
>>
>>39615854
>I have unironically transcended the "suffering" and "pleasure"
and how, may I ask?
>>
>>39615256
want to pursue buddhist philosophy/ way of life but feel I am too hateful to ever become compassionate towards everyone or whatever is the core philosophy. The whole letting go of wants and material stuff appeals however.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.