[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 29 years old

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: wut.jpg (73KB, 930x930px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
73KB, 930x930px
Is it normal to start becoming uncomfortable about my age and having a kind of feeling of detachment and even envy towards people younger than me? Up until now I had always had a kind of "eternal youth" perspective towards life, but as 30 approaches, I am becoming horribly aware of my mortality. I look at the younger generation and it literally pisses me off when they don't understand or appreciate the things that I enjoyed as a kid, and as a millennial, I envy that they have a better economic climate to begin their lives in. I don't like this feeling. Is it normal or some kind of psychopathology?
>>
29 was precisely the age when I realized my own mortality. Sounds perfectly normal to me. Carpe diem, kid.
>>
>>39612412
32 yo here, can confirm it sucks. want to go back to 24 and stay there

backs starting to hurt sometimes, knee is fucked up, takes forever to recover from soreness after the gym (usually like 2 days), hangovers last multiple days, get sleepy and tired after like 2 beers now. short term memory is fucked up, its like im breaking down. wtf is wrong
>>
>>39612412
what better economic climate? sure we didnt start our lives in a recession but our prospects arent really getting better. there's also no telling what's going to happen when most of my generation is graduating from college.
t. 18 yr old
>>
le worng generatian xD
>>
File: 1501889889597.png (82KB, 395x182px) Image search: [Google]
1501889889597.png
82KB, 395x182px
>>39612412
Im 45 now. I went through the same thing as you. Now i take pride in taking care of my body and keeping fit. Most people my age are overwieght and act old. I look late 30s. Dont get jealous of younger people, i used too. Instead try to teach them and take pride in helping them grow. And if you respect them and treat them like adults they will respect you.
>>
I feel bad for younger people now. I think the world is just going to be complete shit in about 10 years. At least at our age, we're able to accumulate capital and prepare for the shitstorm coming. These kids are fucked.
>>
>>39612412
30 here. I think most men start having similar feelings. Your perspective shifts. I don't get pissed at younger people though I just have the urge to warn them about the traps in life that I got caught up in that people don't really warn you about. I'm not talking about chicks with dicks btw.
>>
>>39612412
26 here
>>39612412
>>
File: frog.jpg (55KB, 588x394px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
55KB, 588x394px
>tfw hot girls ignore you because youre old bald man
>>
I just turned 30, it's been kind of a relief. I don't want to be one of the kids anymore and now I just pity younger people for all the retarded shit they do and have to go through.
>>
>>39612412
>is this ok
no, sort yourself out son
>>
>>39612412
im 23 and i feel like that

constantly

i always compare myself to 18 year olds
>>
>>39612412
>Better economic climate
>>
>>39612418
>tfw 23 trying to earn a living

I don't like this
>>
File: IMG_7622.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7622.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>39612412
/pol/ here

>tfw wasted youth
>tfw old before my time
>tfw will look back on a lifetime of nothing but regret and misery
>>
>>39612419
>traps in life that people don't warn you about

PLEASE ELABORATE
>>
>>39612442
Same here. Are you female?
Maybe I should hang with less freshman kids
>>
>>39612478
fucking nigger pol mods move threds like this but let BBC interracial threads fester for an hour. what a shit board
>>
File: sdg.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
sdg.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>39612442
I'm only 20 and I feel the same way, I just want to go back to being 15

I feel like I'm growing up too fast where is the time going?
>>
File: IMG_0543.png (161KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0543.png
161KB, 500x339px
>>39612478
I was always afraid of wasting my youth but I wasted it anyways. I do not want to look back on a youth of anxiety and regret.
>>
>>39612504
no but i want to be fucked like one
>>
>>39612419
What traps? Im 20 so yeah any advice is welcome
>>
Pic related is me op. Hope it can stimulate some more thoughts
>>
>>39612415
GO FIND A TRADE

I am not fucking joking. If there was something that I could tell 18y.o. me it would be GET A FUCKING TRADE AND DON'T GO TO COLLEGE. Like holy fuck you have no idea how vital this is to your future anon. DO NOT GO TO COLLEGE. GET TRAINED IN A SKILLED TRADE.
>>
>>39613030
Nice tits buddy
>>
>>39612412
Yes it's normal. First time i started feeling a disconnection to current youth culture etc i was about 25. The age itself is a big deal too, i struggle to relate to to people in very similar situations as mine just due to age difference which wasn't really a thing before. Feels strange to no longer belong to the youth and that i'm no longer a part of the newest generation. Also hormones really mellow out after 25.
>>
>>39612415
Many millennials took their first steps into the adult world just as the 2008 global economic crisis hit.
>>
>>39612419
>talks about hidden life traps
>mentions none

Anon...
>>
who else here is old but looks way younger? I'm 27 and regularly get carded, most people put my age at around 21 though I've gotten as young as 19. I was out at a bar once with my dad and someone thought he was my grandfather.
>>
>>39613524
op here, im in the same boat. do you have kik? would love to talk about it
>>
>>39612412
It only gets worse. There was a point where I thought being in a college campus forever would make my whole life connected with honesty and innocence of youth but now all I want to do is fuck 18 year olds and I teach grad courses and I'm disgusted by how I threw my life away in school
>>
File: IMG_20170402_125425.jpg (22KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170402_125425.jpg
22KB, 300x310px
>>39613597
this sounds legit. I'm a dude anyway.
>>
>>39613692
and if you were really 30 you wouldn't have Kik
>>
>>39613687
>disgusted how I threw my life away with school

Same. I've wasted so many fucking miserable years of my youth grinding away in university

It was all for nothing. Sure I have degrees in technical fields, but my life has not been enriched at all. I will never get those years back

Academia is a joke, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.