[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies like Harry Potter so much and why do they act

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

Why do normies like Harry Potter so much and why do they act like it's great literature?

It's boring fuckinh trash about some ugly British normie faggot who finds out he has magic powers and starts running around shooting spells like a faggot, and dealing with boring normie relationship problems. Who the fuck cares

Every Harry Potter fan I know is a bland, soulles gay normie with no personality
>>
It's probably just something they grew up with. The first books/movies came out when they were young enough to enjoy them. It was like Harry Potter (the character) grew up with them. It became part of their life in some (small) way.

I don't see the appeal either. I only watched them because my ex was obsessed with Harry Potter and it was an excuse to cuddle in front of the TV.
>>
File: 1475458104271.jpg (11KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1475458104271.jpg
11KB, 384x384px
>>39611467
>my ex
FUCK OFF
>>
>>39611240
It's one of the best stories of good and evil ever told.

My only gripe is that good wins in the end because it's good, not because the people fighting for the "good guys" were better fighters
>>
File: Hogwarts.jpg (234KB, 1920x860px) Image search: [Google]
Hogwarts.jpg
234KB, 1920x860px
>>39611240
Also you're a cuck
>>
>>39611240
I like it because it reminsd me of childhood and also I really like worldbuilding in movies. (see: John Wick)
>>
>>39611240
Because Western culture values cheap entertainment than anything genuinely thought provoking or deep

>>39611467
>ex
pls leave

>>39611763
>It's one of the best stories of good and evil ever told.
no
>>
>>39611240
Fuck normies for not realising how retarded is the Harry Potter world and fuck the same normies twice for thinking ASoIaF is the best and most complicated book saga in the world
>>
File: 1485539681342.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485539681342.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>39611763
>It's one of the best stories of good and evil ever told.
Go back to the other site normalcunt
>>
>>39611240
Think of it as the normies banding together to defeat the evil incel Voldermort a really powerful wizard.
>>
>>39611780
>John Wick
A simple action movie, and still way better than anything JK Rowling has ever shat out
>>
its comfy and entry level heros journey enough for kids to get into or adults to read it for the larger bildungsroman structure covering 7 years of growth. honestly they're allright people only hate because of immense popularity.

you can read philiosophers stone in like 3 hours give it a shot you may just not hate it

although i agree harry potter fans attract a typical crowd of normie tumblr roasties.
>>
>>39611889
Kek its pretty realistic too. Albus, Severus and Tom Riddle are all forever alone virgins with great wizard powers.
>>
>>39611915
world building is why i mentioned it

they really go into detail about the world in it
>>
>>39611240
The greatest scene in the history of cinema is when doubledoor found drako and enoby having sex in the forbidden forest and he says the classic line,
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHER FUCKERS"

>"but bumbledore is a kind old man"
He had a headache. Know your lore before you criticize.
>>
Don't think anyone's claiming it's a great work of literature. However it is a very good children's book. Lots of subtle clever humour and allusions to Greek mythology. They're good fun and an immersive world with wide appeal. What type of faggot are you trying to critique kids books. would rather have my own kids read them than the thinly veiled Christian bullshit of narnia
>>
>>39612061
Can't believe the authors come forward. Absolutely iconic
>>
File: Twice the spice.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Twice the spice.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>39611240
J.K Rowling didn't write it, someone else did. She is just playing the part as an actress.
>>
>>39612332
Do you honestly believe this shit
>>39611240
It's because Hogwarts is a nice escapism scenario. A world so magical where everyone has a purpose and life is fun. Especially when you're still growing.
And no OP, you're not superior to normalfags who like the franchise.
>>
>>39612438
>>And no OP, you're not superior to normalfags who like the franchise.
>everybody is equal :^)
>stop aspiring to greatness
>just settle for mediocrity
Nice try you Marxist faggot
>>
The Harry Potter series, believe it or not, is actually a member of the murder mystery genre, albeit extremely softcore, compared to many titans of the genre. The reason it is disliked by so many people on this board is because of how well dressed up it is; aside from the suspense of finding out "whodunnit?" the initial films generally pander towards a younger audience, and as the fans of the series grew older, these movies progressively got more in line with a gritty murder movie. The first film came out in the late 90s, meaning most people here were born too early to grow up with the films, and could only appreciate the later instalments. The thing is, to properly appreciate the final few films, you'd need to watch the first ones and become invested in the story, otherwise it's unengaging and meaningless.

TL;DR If you're older than 20 you probably never got into the series, and can't appreciate the better, later films.
>>
File: mpv-shot0005.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px)
mpv-shot0005.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>39612473
This is exactly what I mean. You actually think that saying "Harry Potter sucks" is some kind of bold statement.
>>
>>39612491
murder mystery? what the fuck are you on about?
>>
File: 1388450394572.png (213KB, 369x345px)
1388450394572.png
213KB, 369x345px
>>39611240
> normie x 4
> faggot x 2
> no question mark
> fuckinh <-- didnt spell check

Why anyone would read your opinions on literature is beyond me. Your grammar and sentence structure are appalling, as is your word choice. This would suggest you haven't read very much at all. Leave books to the mentally stable, and those who enjoy reading, fuck off back to your cartoons and vidya.
>>
>>39612563
Well, the premise of the first movie is finding out who's trying to murder the main protagonist, while the second movie focuses on who's paralysing random people. The third movie is about a plot to kill the main protagonist, the fourth is about how some guy escaped to kill the main protagonist... yeah, they are relatively formulaic. I suppose murder mystery isn't a precise term for the movies, but it's the closest when you boil down the films into their basic elements.
>>
>>39612554
what is this show
orange post
>>
>>39612659
ITS FUCKING VOLDEMORT

ITS ALWAYS VOLDEMORT

THERE IS NO MYSTERY
>>
>>39611240
Agreed.
At the age of 7 my dad bought me Philospher's Stone since he knew I loved to read shit and he told me that it was very popular with the kids.
I go two chapters in and stop because I knew that he was just going to kill the big baddie in the end. It was so fucking predictable
I went back to reading video game manuals instead.
>>
Artemis Fowl was the read shit until like the fourth book
>>
>>39612733
True enough. I'm not a fanatic or anything, I can just appreciate what the movie is ***trying*** to do. That being said, calling it one sided, awful, "I could do better with some camcorder from the tip," is just close minded and wrong.
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>39612707
Turning Girls, a short anime about women in their late twenties and their suffering. It's pretty funny imo
>>
>>39612839
thank you a bunch, frind
>>
File: Three Act Structure Final.jpg (50KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
Three Act Structure Final.jpg
50KB, 720x360px
>>39612748
>I go two chapters in and stop because I knew that he was just going to kill the big baddie in the end.
So every story with a positive ending ever made? I know that you're just using this as an example, but still
>>
>>39612830
I'm not arguing against the movies, the third is a masterpiece (mostly thanks to Cuaron) but to say they are mystery films ignores pretty much everything they actually are.
>>
Sometimes I wonder if JK even wrote the damn thing.
>>
>>39612943
This. It's not even what happens in that book. And a lot happens before.
>>
>>39612946
Absolutely, like I said, I can appreciate the layers of storytelling created in the book. However, I watched a video of someone talking about why the new HP book was so shit, and he raised an interesting point: Harry Potter is, in essence, a mystery book disguised as fantasy, as the main story arc doesn't rely on the magical spells (to a certain extent,) the mystical creatures, or anything of that nature. Instead of Voldemort being attached to Quirrel, the professor could have just owned an insignia tattoo showing his allegiance.
>>
>>39613067
well obviously, the appeal is to get your brain wondering. it's why thriller novels are consistently the best-selling books. people don't want existentialism or philosophy, they want the three act structure where the good guy figures it out and makes the bad guy pay for it.
>>
>>39611240
It's an easily digestible basket of tropes and motives from European culture, with typical "teenage hero coming of age" story as a justification.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.