[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT DO YOU LOT THINK?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: depression.png (42KB, 608x311px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
42KB, 608x311px
WHAT DO YOU LOT THINK?
>>
Really stunned that a successful and famous athlete would have this perspective
>>
I think this is true in most cases.
>>
>>39607324
Too say it isn't real though....Pretty close minded.
>>
>>39607297
>I dont belive in it so it isnt real
Negative IQ spotted.
>>
>>39607297
>change it
Yeah it's so easy, anon. Just stop being depressed, retard!
>>
It does exist but like 90% of depressed people are self diagnosed weenies who just feel sorry for themselves and when asked if they've gotten a proper diagnosis or treatment, they typically respond with
>I-I-I know my own feelings, I don't need a doctor to tell me I'm depressed
When in reality, they're terrified of the thought of recieving help because they see their "depression" as some sort of handicap and are fearful that if they ever relieved help, they'd actually have to put some effort into their miserable stain of a life.
>>
>Big Brother 'kicked Andrew Tate off show after video of him beating an ex-girlfriend with a belt emerged'
what a winner
>>
If you have a cancer, you just have to stop thinking about it and it gets better!
>>
The same rhetoric spouted by every pleb norman living in an ignorant bubble, the ones who'll also say suicide is selfish because it might hurt their delicate fee-fees for the first time.
>>
It's odd that people constantly need reminding that depression can persist regardless of changes in circumstance. In many respects my life has improved a great deal since I was an angsty depressed teenager and yet I still feel pathetic and awful and scared a lot of the time.

I don't expect anyone to cater to my every need because I'm depressed but telling someone that what they're feeling isn't real or isn't important is never helpful.
>>
>>39607297
worked for me

PM me if you want me to send the "secret technique":
>>
No it's real and that guy is stupid it has to deal with serotonin
>>
>>39607297
That faggot doesn't know that you don't /thread your own posts.
>>
What about when you try to move on and fail repeatedly and realize that you're inherently trash and it's hopeless?
>>
>>39607589
don't make me get the belt, virgin
>>
>>39607297
This is no less retarded than telling someone who is physically ill to not seek treatment. People act like mental states aren't caused by physical ailments.

You wouldn't tell a man with cancer to just 'change his life', you tell him to seek treatment. This guy is a retard.
>>
>>39607297
>Thread.
real sage advice
>>
File: 1501175878043.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1501175878043.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>>39607297
As someone recently diagnosed with clinical depression, this really pisses me off. I hate when normies ALWAYS say that.
>"your just in a grumpy mood. Stop being so pathetic"
Having depression is nothing like being sad. It's like a wall in your head that stops you from doing anything. I'll list a few of my experiences with it.
>no enjoyment out of anything I used to like
>constant feeling of a blanket covering my brain
>wanting to die
>spent 2hrs sitting on my bed, staring at a wall
>takes hours to force myself to goto a shop or anywhere outside
>constantly feeling tired, even after sleeping for 12+hrs
>not getting happy, sad, excited etc at anything
The only thing I kinda enjoy doing anymore is browsing 4chan.
I lost 3 jobs because of this and now I'm having to go on NEETbux. I fucking wish I was just sad.
>>
A) Depression isn't sadness
B) Depression has physical overlying causes that can and have been observed under MRI

It's a chemical imbalance in the brain, it does have a treatment but too many people, especially roastie attention whores seem to be under the impression that depression is just sadness.
>>
File: 1488508646611.jpg (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488508646611.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
>someone whos never experienced mental illness giving their uninformed take on it
oh mah sides
>>
>>39607297
he's right and I don't understand why /r9k/ pretends otherwise. do you just love being a pathetic piece of shit who drags everyone around them down?
>>
>>39607297
how can depression be real, if our thoughts aren't real?

check mate, robits
>>
File: sburgstare.png (53KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
sburgstare.png
53KB, 315x315px
>depression
>feeling sad

Wow we got a real psychologist here bois.
>>
>>39607297
>you will always be depressed if your life is depressing
What about Stephen Fry? His life was far from depressing and was still a depressed wreck of a homoman.
>>
>>39610072
>I'm smarter than all doctors and scientists in the world
>>
>>39610137
LOL. I'm only saying what doctors are saying
https://youtu.be/eOScYBwMyAA?t=933
>m-muh scientists
Having a bachelor's in engineering makes you a scientist but it doesn't mean you know shit about neurology and biology.
>>
>>39608012
I have honestly considered the fact that I just feel better when I'm miserable, as contradictory as it sounds. I wonder if maybe we just find some kind of comfort in being unhappy and feeling pathetic?
>>
File: IMG_1238.jpg (20KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1238.jpg
20KB, 272x185px
Read em and weep depression truthers.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>39610189
8 doctors out of 8 that I have seen saw my depression as a medical emergency and I had to go live in the hospital for months. You probably think depression is when you "feel sad"
>>
>>39607297
You don't /thread your own tweet
>>
>>39607297
True except it's real because sometimes you can't change your depressing life at all
>>
>>39610201
that is pretty acurate, at least for me it is, i have periods of time when i feel pretty good about myself but at the same i feel that i dont enjoy that feeling too much, is like my brain is used to be at a low serotonin(or whatever we release when we feel good) level .
>>
>>39607481
You come up with a random percentage and talk about self diagnosis, fuck off. It's not as plain as you put it.
>>
File: whoah a picture.jpg (28KB, 720x727px) Image search: [Google]
whoah a picture.jpg
28KB, 720x727px
>stop being poor
>stop being depressed

slow the fuck down jeeves we almost missed all the rich and successful people making a fool of themselves
>>
>>39607297
>Change it. Thread.
>. Thread.

. Thread
>>
>>39608012
This. Around others, at the gym, playing vidya I feel equally miserable. I have genetoc depression as well which sucks. >inb4 you're just a sad faggot
Got that shit diagnosed, on SSRIs for 2 days now.
>>
File: 1502322267489.jpg (486KB, 1716x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1502322267489.jpg
486KB, 1716x1710px
>>39607316
fbpb
kek, I cant even see that fag from his ivory tower
his followers are normalfag sheep aswell
why is there a thread on such a shitty irrelevant tweet?
bait I presume
>>
File: 1502666412248.png (26KB, 514x459px) Image search: [Google]
1502666412248.png
26KB, 514x459px
>>39607297
>depression isn't real
>you'll always be depressed if your life is depressing
>>
>>39610834
the following statement is true
the previous statement is false

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.