[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else trying to turn their life around after a long

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Is anyone else trying to turn their life around after a long hiatus from it?
>be somewhat normal in high school
>shit happens to where I'm depressed as fuck for about seven years
>live off the kindness of my parents and the distraction from vidya
>finally get my drivers license and a job in 2015

I sincerely believe that my depressive NEET phase had destroyed something very fundamental inside me. I feel so alien and stunted. It's so hard for me to focus and I can't seem to approach anybody. The only people I talk to are co workers and people from my sambo practice. This is only because I'm pretty much forced to. I enrolled in a CC (yeah, LMAO COMMUNITY COLLEGE) partly to get some education because my job is a dead end, but also so I can be around people. Yet even when I tell myself I want friends, i go to class then leave immediately when it's over. On top of that, those kids are so fucking young and I feel so old at 26. Please tell me I'm not alone in this feel.
>>
File: fkSORepu.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fkSORepu.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>39605216
You're not alone, I almost dropped out of high school
>>
I get the feeling like I'm not trying hard enough. I know that's the case but I'm just so worn down. I used to have some fire, but now it feels like there aren't even embers.
>>
>>39605216
What's your discord? We can be friends assuming you're ambitious. I had the same problem and lost years of my life, I'm now recovering and would like more friends who are trying to better their self
>>
>>39605216
So you actually talk to people irl? How is it?
>>
>>39605475
I'll give it a go I suppose. I'm just afraid I'll bore you with my whining.
OnWii #3756

>>39605519
It's weird. You spend a lot of time on places like this and forget people won't understand your niche references so you feel like an idiot.
>>
>want to have serious discussion
>board suddenly flooded by shit

Ree and so forth.
>>
at 25 i feel like i just got a handle on how to be in the world, though things are far from perfect still. i've managed to exercise much courage, and find many things of interest. and much information that could help me. consider looking up elliot hulse on youtube, he's quite good.
i was pretty much bottom of the barrel, suicide imminent etc. third year of uni now. i think there are good things on the horizon, that aren't fucking boring
>>
File: BORN_TO_DIE.jpg (47KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
BORN_TO_DIE.jpg
47KB, 600x601px
>>39605216
I dropped out of college at 19 and struggled to get out of bed for 3 years. I know I missed out but I tell myself I don't care cause I wasn't too keen on keeping up this alive thing. I'm feeling a bit better and I thought I would come out having figured out whether or not I want to live and how to deal with pain. I just have a bit more energy now, reading ss, eating vegetables, brushing my teeth. I'll have no friends soon. There's a part of me that was happy when I had friends but why did I throw them away? I can't have that same teen fun and satisfaction as an adult. I don't know how to be happy. You aren't the only one OP and I wish you the best of luck. I'll have to go to community college too soon enough cause my options are that or dead-end
>>
>>39605216
I started a new job, I'm taking longer than the others to get through the training. Don't talk all day to anyone, painfully awkward. No real friends anymore, old friends are drug losers on crack, a laughing stock. Feel displaced everywhere. Virgin. Felt alone and isolated myself from about 16. Kept good appearances for the early part but faded away. Sit in my room playing vidya all day after work. Try to meet with cool friends, nobody has time for me.
Go through phases of inspiration but always passes into nothing.
I live for my family now and try to be kinder and a better Christian.
>>
File: 1503772102486.jpg (14KB, 213x240px) Image search: [Google]
1503772102486.jpg
14KB, 213x240px
>>39605293
>high school

wew, bit soon to be posting on here yet newfag
>>
File: 1504851529678.jpg (72KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504851529678.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
>>39605216
>I feel so alien and stunted. It's so hard for me to focus and I can't seem to approach anybody.
I'm not exactly on the same track, but I perfectly understand the feeling of being burnt out on life in general and people in particular.
You have to find what you value, and exploit the shit out of it to find happiness. Thing is, finding what one values is a fucking nightmare filled with dead ends.
Just keep trying anon. We can make it.
>>
I am trying to turn things around and I really just started. Signed up to a 24hour fitness and gonna try to get around 40hrs per week at work (Walmart stocker) and going to start CC again after failing a bunch of classes
>>
>>39608748
Good for you Anon kindness and trying to be a better anything are the paths to self recognition and self respect. I'm doing the same thing
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.