[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

problems with conversation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: chadvirgin.jpg (315KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
chadvirgin.jpg
315KB, 720x960px
hi all,

i have no problem making conversation with people around random subjects. like i'll be next to someone in class or in a line and i'll be able to point out something or crack a joke and have a pleasant conversation develop. however, i am unable to find a slot in the conversation to introduce myself or ask the others persons name. the conversation usually just keeps going and is very fun and entertaining, and then the class will recommence, or the line will move along and it will naturally end. the other person will have a great impression of me, but not know my name.

does anyone have any tips or tricks to introduce your name or ask for the other persons name, or look for a point to reach out the hand for a handshake. I am unable to and have missed out on getting to know a lot of people after a great initial chat.
>>
>>39598903
Nice wall faggot. pretty shit shop overall
>>
File: takeoff.jpg (183KB, 1271x1436px) Image search: [Google]
takeoff.jpg
183KB, 1271x1436px
>>39598903
"Hi I'm [your name]"

It's that simple
>>
>>39598903
If you can't find a good spot to say your name, you can always tack it on at the end with a little finesse. For example

>And by the way, my name is _____; and you are...?
>Great, it was nice to meet you!

Obviously it doesn't have to be that straightforward, but you get the idea
>>
>>39598936
What randomly? in the middle of the conversation, stop the flow of thought and ideas and interject with your name? feels wrong/selfish to stop an interesting conversation just to insert your name.

do you segue somehow at the end
>>
File: nofakes.jpg (57KB, 680x525px) Image search: [Google]
nofakes.jpg
57KB, 680x525px
>>39598965
>randomly
No. Your OP was about finding a moment to introduce yourself but if you can't find something to say after having a bit of small talk then introducing yourself at that moment is a fine bit of filler.

Honestly Chad says whatever he wants and you should too. It's not ironic in this moment to >just be yourself because there's nothing more awkward to a girl then a guy who's fishing for the right thing to say
>>
>>39599028
>>39598948
ye right ok then.

i suppose a big thing was the idea of saying "hi i am______" or "my name is ______", felt wrong and autistic. but if you are telling me that it is not, then i will try it out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.