[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are people okay with making aomeone else tons of money? i

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1519.jpg (119KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1519.jpg
119KB, 675x1200px
why are people okay with making aomeone else tons of money? i dont get someone can be fine working 40 hour weeks at minimum wage making a ceo millions for making a few decisions a week
>>
>>39596141
Oh yeah I forgot I can just hit the fucking nae nae and CREATE A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS IN LESS THAN A WEEK
>>
>>39596141
His decision are important as fuck. It isn't easy to find someone to replace him.
>>
>>39596164
ceos dont make companies usually they get hired to take care of one>>39596334
they arent lol
>>
>>39596141
Because most people are either thick as pig shit or can't handle the stress of a CEO position.
>>
>>39596354
Why aren't you ceo then? If you aren't paid much, then there are a lot of other people willing to do you job.
>>
>>39596409
because i dont have experience
>>
>>39596164
I didn't come from the right uterus and then attend the right university in order to gain the right network to become a CEO.
>>
>>39596141
I'm not OK with it at all but too pussy to start a union in my white collar office. They keep you just satisfied enough and just intimidated enough to not organize and risk it all.
>>
>>39596141
Does anybody know her name?
>>
>>39596361
>Because most people are either thick as pig shit or can't handle the stress of a CEO position.
This. My dad was a CFO (I'm hikki) and I rarely saw him as a child he worked so much. He worked around 14 hours a day and told me that he felt bad for the CEO because of how much he had to work. Being a CEO is actually incredibly difficult, make one major mistake and you will never find a job again and hire other executives you are accountable for and show up to and lead meetings and travel to the same 3 places every month to check regional branches. You live in a hotel, forget about home. You never even get to spend the money you make because you're working so hard. So get off your high horse thinking you have a harder job than these guys, OP. They work considerably harder than you could imagine.
>>
>>39597804
Complete bullshit, CEOs are in an elite clique where they can send a company to shits in one week, cash their million dollar check to get laid off before their contract run out and get another job in the next week. Just track a few CEOs and you'll see what I mean. I know a good example from Germany, Hartmut Mehdorn. First he was the CEO of Deutsche Bahn (the national german railway company) and when he drove it into shit with privatizations he was laid off, then he was the CEO of Air Berlin, the second largest airline in Germany back then and now gone bankrupt. Then we has the CEO of the new airport in Berlin which should have become one of the largest in Europe. That airport was scheduled to finish 2014 or something and it will most likely never be finished. All that dude did was siphoning money out of those companies and then fucking off to the next one. And the "14 hour days" mainly consist of meetings and flying around signing contracts others have negotiated.
>>
File: 1500477990500.jpg (28KB, 362x315px) Image search: [Google]
1500477990500.jpg
28KB, 362x315px
>>39598040
One guy did that, that usually doesn't fly. CEOs are also a big part of drafting agreements with other executives. Meeting and flying around are stressful as fuck as well, you spend almost no time at home and have to discuss tons of business at the meetings as well.
>>
Most CEOs who failed do get rehired somewhere else just because not many people have the experience.
>>
>>39597804
>>39598040
I want to add that visiting the same 3 locations all the time for no fucking reason while residing in 4-5 star hotels isn't hard work at all. Of course as a trust fund baby you wouldn't know what it's like working.
I used to be an airline employee and oh my fucking god I am so grateful I wasn't in contact with some of those assholes. I've heard more than enough stories and complaints how their company-spent 2 week tour through South East Asia was ruined because they've arrived one hour later. To think that companies actually pay someone a first class ticket (real first class, not the american business class) for 8000 euros for them to fly to Shengzen to visit a fucking factory and flying back two days later or flying to Dubai First Class to sign some fucking contract then getting paid to stay there for one week which isn't even a holiday for their payroll.
>>
>>39596141
They don't have a choice usually.
Minimum wage barely covers food rent and bills in my city
>>
My boss is the CEO of two companies and I was her very first employee.
Its been 3 1/2 years since we started and she breaks down crying almost every week from the stress, has to oversee 8 employees get incredibly stressful work done, she cant do that though because she is in meetings for at least 8 hours most days and then she has to respond to emails for the other 8 hours shes awake. She took her first vacation last month. It was two weeks long and the company almost tanked because she wasn't there

Being a CEO doesnt look like fun.
>>
>>39598118
>anecdotal evidence
LMAO keep licking those corporate boots.
>>
>>39598234
>being in a meeting for 8 hours is stressful
Pure bullshit, that just shows that those meetings are useless and should be cut down to 1 hour per day. Also we're not talking about startups here, the vast majority of CEOs are from companies established decades before they came to the company.
>>
>>39598140
>trust fund baby
Wow ad hominem that isn't true, really makes you think
>I want to add that visiting the same 3 locations all the time for no fucking reason while residing in 4-5 star hotels isn't hard work at all
There is nothing fun to do in terms of tourism because you have seen everything there, but you also don't have the comfort of home and all that provides. Not saying it's unbearable, but it is certainly a stressful way to live.
>>
>>39598282
How many of those meetings have you been to in order to have a better understanding of their business than them?
>>
>>39597804
My grandad was a CFO as well. Granted, things were different back then, but his work days sound like your dad's. He only came home for dinner, and would usually go back to the office or keep doing work at home.
>>
>>39598301
Obviously, having 8 hour meetings isn't working. I don't know what the fuck her companies with like 8 people are doing 8 hours a day talking to her and how she thinks it is acceptable to spend half her working day babbling while the other half she has to do the work that piled up while she was in a meeting. What do those companies do? Speech therapy?
>>
>>39596141
Would you be able to make as much money independently?
>>
>>39598289
>my dad was CFO
>I'm hikki
Well I think everyone can put 2 and 2 together. And you have zero qualification to talk about how hard work apparently is. I could aswell as a blind person what's in today's paper.
>>
>>39596141
Who is she? I've seen her posted around here a few times and never get an answer...
>>
>>39598365
You are a complete idiot.
>>
>>39598380
I'm just saying what I daw him do and how he felt through all that. O came to the realization that money isn't worth the stress he went through and decided to just collect autismbux and live simpler instead. I've never taken a dollar of his since I left the house though.
>>
>>39598464
Your boss is apparently the bigger idiot.
>>
>>39598482
Okay now let's come back to the OP where the average joe is struggling to make ends meet with a 40h job which can also be stressful as fuck or you have to work two jobs to pay your rent, your utilities and your 40k.
Just to clarify something for you guys, pilots and flight attendants and technicians and top-priority delieverers fly around the world all the time. Travelling can be stressful if you actually have a lot to do at your destination. So spare me the pity of CEOs doing a fraction of what others do and getting a hundred times more.
>>
>>39598301
>>39598234
Out of curiosity, what kind of company is she the head of? What do you guys produce or offer? Give me more details so I can understand why she has to work 16 hours a day for the past 3 years and the whole company tanked because she wasn't able to attend a meeting.
>>
>>39598560
I agree that those jobs can be super stressful too. All I've been talking about in this thread was that being a high level executive is difficult and stressful. It isn't some free ticket to collect millions of dollars. I agree that all kinds of work have stress to them and there are more stressful jobs than being an executive that pay much less. The average wagie is probably under a lot less stress than an executive or a pilot or any of the other jobs you mentioned.
>>
>>39598592
Educational company in an inner city.
Shes either meeting with schools, foundations, companies, and donors. On top of that, she has weekly meetings with the more important team members so that we can nake sure the other employees have the resources to do their job. Keep in kind this isnt one meeting, its usually 4 or 5 meetings.These meetings make the company fucking run.
Her being gone meant the person who is primarily in contact with everyone listed above wasn't there, and the temporary apointed leader was losing her mind too. Its like playing a video game without a monitor of any sort. We were pressing buttons and hoping we weren't actually walking off a cliff
>>
>>39596141
>why are people okay with making aomeone else tons of money
Because these people give us a chance to make more money this way than we would make without them.
So both sides benefit from that.
>>
>>39598790
Sounds to me like she'd have to appoint at least another person to cover her in the meetings, like splitting the meetings 50/50 by department.
>>
>>39596141
go out and try being a ceo, don't think you can handle one day of the stress fucking retard, want min wage to be raised get fucked, go get a skilled job instead of a trashy unskilled one
>>
>>39596141
You personally aren't making a CEO millions of dollars. Your individual contribution is negligible, it's the combined work of you and all the rest of your co-workers that results in the business making money. If it's making millions, then it's probably you and hundreds if not thousands of other people. Even if it's just a few hundred people doing low-paid work, the company's still spending millions of dollars in combined wages.

Aside from your (lack of) usefulness, the reason you aren't being paid millions to flip burgers or write reports is also because you aren't assuming responsibility for the overall well-being and direction of the entire organisation, nor are you its public face.
>>
>>39598992
>Tfw she did
>tfw it used to be worse
>>
File: 1500555600836.png (349KB, 446x345px) Image search: [Google]
1500555600836.png
349KB, 446x345px
>>39597804
>>39598354

>boohoo rolling in piles of gold is hard work
You do realize that these people don't need to be CFOs or CEOs right? Nobody forced them into these positions? Sorry but CEOs are the last people in this world who deserve a pity card.
>>
>>39601505
Welcome to corporate America where the bottom of the barrel sympathizes with and worries about the hard and stressful work of spending 80h a week in meeting an travelling.
>>
>>39596141
As long as he's not hurting anyone there's nothing wrong with someone having more than me. There will always be someone with something more than me. I don't think of ants when I tread on the ground. So why would I think of God when I'm making a sandwich?

Hating people just because they have more than you is just envy.
>>
>>39598790
>>39599815
Wow, what a terribly run company. Where is the COO? I used to work for a small education company, as well. The CEO traveled all the time, had video conferences and in-person meetings with some staff and clients frequently, and rarely had to dip his hands in day-to-day stuff. That's what the fucking chief operating officer is for. Thought it sounds like your boss had one but s/he didn't do too good of a job.
Oh well.
>>
>>39601562
My personal point is, why is this person making up to a thousand times more than the average worker? How come there are billionaires in Ukraine or Russia for example when the majority of the population is living off breadcrumps?
>>
>>39601675
It's just the way the economy is organized. Yeah it's bullshit, and yeah we probably should do something to help elevate society. But people seem to have a personal vendetta against others just because they have more. These people are funny to observe because they hardly care about people below them, they never feel any conviction towards charity or helping their society. When they get a paycheck they don't think about donating any of it, they think about what they're buying for themselves. They're engaging in class-warfare in such a self-serving manner; if these same people were rich they would act exactly as the current wealthy class does.
>>
>>39601739
I'm experiencing quite the opposite.
More often it's those who do not have much themselves who participate in volunteer work for poor and homeless people.
>>
>>39601786
Those are different people from the ones trying to attack the rich just for having more. Every social-class won't have uniform behavior.
>>
>>39596354
yes, and their decisions are extremely important and if they fuck up they will lose the company a lot

those companies do everything in their power to hire the most qualified person possible

your complaints reek of someone with no education or experience working.
>>
>>39596429
why dont you get some experience, and than apply for a ceo position than?
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (300KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
300KB, 850x1133px
>>39596141
Then you should do a job that you love. It's funny how of all the advice given here it never seems to be followed

>be confident in yourself
>do a job you like
>date a girl who you never get tired of seeing
> live your life to make you happy and not to meet expectations of other

The secrets to life are literally given to you from birth, what excuse do you have for not following them??
>>
>Her
>She
It's fun to pretend
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.