[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot uni courses

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: uni.jpg (51KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
uni.jpg
51KB, 660x371px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13883016

Gonna be starting uni in a week and wanted to know what courses r9k does. My guess from uni generals is 40% computer science.
>>
What about yourself, OP?
>>
File: 19661_000-10-17-2016-14715.jpg (208KB, 936x1200px) Image search: [Google]
19661_000-10-17-2016-14715.jpg
208KB, 936x1200px
>>39587510
Looking for some stories from adult students and any students whove dropped otu and gone back.
What was that process like? And advice in general.
Im 26 veteran gonnabe starting school this spring in general studies until i can transfer into CS.
>>
>>39587752
doing Philosophy and eco, dont expect too many robots in those.
>>
File: 1493009116231.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493009116231.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>>39587510
Politics chads get off my board
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39587920
Dont know what country youre in but why do you have to do general studies and how does that progress to CS? Why not do a IT course or something
>>
>>39588214
US, i dont ahve to they just accepted me into the college of general studies. I gotta do a semester or 2 and get good grades them im gonna transfer officially into a CS track. Im taking all CS intro classes and math classes but officially im not in the CS program thats all.
>>
>>39587510
I'm probably going to major in Physics, but my first year classes are:
>Physics
>Mathematics
>Computer Science
>Japanese
>Ancient Greek
>>
>>39588271
why 2 languages?
Why a language at all?
>>
I went to uni off and on for about 3ish years from 21 to 24, Didn't do very well. I passed some courses, but it turns out, to do well in university, you have to spend hours writing and studying every day. I did not do that.
Lemme greentext my uni life experience from an antisocial autist.
>majority of young people are obviously in early classes
>this number basically halves by the second class, getting lower and lower
>people not the "standard age" are common and never really stand out
>any thoughts of "we're adults, this is an environment of higher education" get trashed again and again day 1
>it's just fucking high school 2, people in cliques being loud normies and gossiping. didn't see any bullying
>classes are these cliques working together interspersed with individual people keeping to themselves
>nobody to talks to anyone, you will _not_ make friends if you don't join something and really force yourself to meet every person out there
>reiterating here that nobody to talks to anyone ever (outside their own group, that is)
>be prepared for an onslaught of SJW insanity. regardless of your personal beliefs, ignore it and move on. you're in their home base, fighting is death
>>
Hort
>>
>>39587510
I was just at Oxford for a conference. Cool place.
>>
>>39588175
You don't happen to go to Lehigh do you?
>>
>>39588379
The first three classes filled out my minimum credits and I was experimenting to see how many credits I could take in a single year. Also, why not?
>>
>>39588550
cause rosetta stone is free?
>>
File: 1486673560139.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px)
1486673560139.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>that one retard taking sociology
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>39588546
nah, not even on the same continent
>>
>>39588591
So is University because I do not live in the third world, sorry about your debt though anon.
>>
>>39587510
i fucking hate these threads, and there are so many these days.

FUCKING KIDS, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
>>
>>39588621
>So is University because I do not live in the third world
???
Its not free in america, and im going for free thanks to the gi bill
also calm your autism i was generally asking dude
>>
>>39588672
>Its not free in america
You mean the third world? I know it's not free, that's what I was saying. Banter aside, Rosetta stone is a really shitty language learning resource, wouldn't recommend it for self study unless you're complimenting it with a bunch of other materials. The biggest advantage of a University language course is you actually get other speakers at your disposal to practice with, and someone who has mastered the language (usually a native speaker for a non-dead language) to guide you through.
>>
>>39588714
ok thats funny i guess, not fair thought cause i dont know where your from. Share the love and show youre a good sport, what country you from?
Also i suppose that makes sense but doesnt taking 2 at once seem daunting?
>>
>>39588822
I'm from sunny Scotland pal. It doesn't seem especially daunting to me, I'm more worried about the Physics really.
>>
>>39588909
Youre worried about the thing you plan to major in?
>>
>>39588988
It's a demanding subject is all, language learning is pretty trivial in comparison.
>>
File: 1500671953624.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500671953624.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>39587510
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13883016
>tfw all gen ed humanities courses
Fucking kill me now, I can't take all of this shit.
>>
File: heatnings.png (448KB, 846x900px) Image search: [Google]
heatnings.png
448KB, 846x900px
>>39588602
>Had to study this shit as a returning student for a year before my degree
>Failed skaterboy norman constantly spouting his stoner opinion on everything
>"Hurrr durr hang all criminals and there will be no crime, btw legalize 420"
>Says he's going to become a journalist after he graduates with an undergrad in either sociology or psychology
>Barely turns up to lessons
>One day turns up stinking of weed
>Spergs the fuck out and throws a coffee at someone when the tutor tells him to stop using facebook in class
>He was 24 years old and storms out the room, doesn't come back
>Tutor just ignores him and closes the door

man that guy was something else
>>
>>39589144
honestly have no idea what youre on about, explain?
>>
bump
Any one else going to uni?
>>
graduating from hs this year and hope to get a degree in either pharma or become a psychiatrist
>>
>>39587510
Double major here. (Chemistry and Geography)

Please, just pick one major. Balancing two will make you want to an hero. I haven't watched anime in three weeks due to my constant studying.
>>
BA degree in Applied Languages, taking German as a major and French & Japanese as minors
>>
>Georgraphy
>Pyschology

those typos are very aesthetic OP
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.