[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hikikomori documentary

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

I just found this documentary from the early 2000s on YouTube about Japanese hikkis i think the narrator is kind of a dumbass to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWY5hzcG_FY
>>
Bumping thread just because whatever
>>
>>39586179
>1 million
who made this piece of shit, can't they at least do the bare minimum of research?
>>
>>39587275
>who made this piece of shit, can't they at least do the bare minimum of research?

I know right that is what i was thinking and when he said hikikomori only exist in Japan i was like oh so all the other shut ins worldwide dont exist eehh??.
>>
>>39587275
>who made this piece of shit,

The BBC
>>
>>39586179
There are loads of bad docs about hikikomoris, one of them was produced by some Chad living in japan for like two years and he shot the fucking thing on his iphone while not actually having actual interviews or footage of the people he talked about. It still got like a million views or something

>>39587541
>i was like oh so all the other shut ins worldwide dont exist eehh??.

shut ins =! hikikomori
>>
>>39587915
>There are loads of bad docs about hikikomoris, one of them was produced by some Chad living in japan for like two years and he shot the fucking thing on his iphone while not actually having actual interviews or footage of the people he talked about. It still got like a million views or something

Oh i think i saw that one is it on YouTube?/.

>Shut ins =! hikikomori

Well Hikikomori means to be pulled in away from society so it technically is the same as a shut in.
>>
>>39588287
Japanese society is not the same as the rest of the world.
>>
>>39588329
>Japanese society is not the same as the rest of the world.

No shit but hikikomoris do exist all over the world Japan is the only country that takes the problem seriously though.
>>
>>39588390
>No shit but hikikomoris do exist all over the world

No, hikikomoris are a product of Japan's unique societal norms and pressure.

>Japan is the only country that takes the problem seriously though.

Just the opposite. Other than a few grassroots organizations, the national and cultural response is just to sweep that problem under the rug. On the other hand in western countries you can't swing a cat without hitting a billboard about mental health or some other sort of advert telling you that it's okay to bee yourself and have mental problems. In some cases, mental health afflictions are often used as a term of endearment or compliment. "I am SO OCD you guys haha I totally have to wash my hands after touching a pubic toilet". If you have mental health issues in japanese society you're seen as the weak chain or the squeaky wheel.
>>
>>39588523
That only applies to normie mental illnesses. If you are a shut in and have no chance of becoming a productive member of society then society and the state does not give one shit about you.
>>
>>39586666

Have some appreciation for your quads anon.
>>
>>39588630
You think the Japanese state would give a shit then?
>>
>>39588523
>>39588523
>No, hikikomoris are a product of Japan's unique societal norms and pressure.

So i dont exist?? anon i haven't left my house in over a decade and i get all of my necessities delivered to me im sorry but hikikomoris are not exclusively a japan thing.
>>
>>39588680
You are a shut-in. Not a hikikomori. Even if you think it sounds cooler.
>>
just what I was looking for to listen to while playing runescape, thank
>>
File: 1501479228559.gif (252KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501479228559.gif
252KB, 500x400px
>>39588680

Tell me more about your life, anon. How do you support yourself? Where do you store all trash? etc
>>
>>39588718
>You are a shut-in. Not a hikikomori.

ITS THE SAME THING!! stop shitposting.
>>
>>39588751
>Where do you store all trash?

Im not that lazy i do take it out but usually only when i feel like it so it does pile up.

>How do you support yourself

I get money from the government
>>
>>39588787
It is not.

I've already told you why, you even quoted it.

>hikikomoris are a product of Japan's unique societal norms and pressure.

I can go into long-winded details as to why Japanese society is radically different from the west.
>>
>>39588821
>I get money from the government

What sort of disability and how much do you get? You in the US?
>>
>>39588846
>What sort of disability and how much do you get?

67 dollars and its for high functioning Autism.
>>
>>39588673
yes because they're a major loss on the economy
>>
>>39588910

Per day? Can you put away anything at the end of a month?
>>
>>39588830

You sound like some pissed off Jap look just because the two societies are different doesn't mean said issue does not also happen in other places even /jp/ will tell you that hikikomori is not a Japanese only thing go ask them.
>>
most docs on hikis are bad obviously because they're shut-ins who don't want to talk to anyone (ever), that includes BBC reporters. Why go on camera "I'm a fucking loser" lol

I literally would not accept $25,000 for a 10 minute interview, even if they came to my room. I just don't need money. Unless they offered enough so that I can move into my own tiny apartment and live there the rest of my life doing the exact same thing I'm doing now. I'm not bullshitting either, my dad offered me $300 to go to church on Sunday for once (3-4 hours) and I turned it down.
>>
>>39588949
>Per day?

No per week

>Can you put away anything at the end of a month?

I usually try to save as much money as possible
>>
>>39588912
so are western shut-ins. If it's two groups of people that the Japanese government doesn't are about it's shut-ins and the homeless.

Americans like to meme about "pull yourself by your bootstraps" but Japanese society takes that to the extreme. There are no bennies.
>>
>>39588963
>even /jp/ will tell you that hikikomori is not a Japanese only thing go ask them

jp doesn't know shit other than touhous and idols and other weeb trash.
>>
>>39588989

Exactly THANK YOU this anon gets it
>>
>>39589082
>jp doesn't know shit
>Implying everyone on /jp/ is an autistic weeb

WEW lad maybe some are but not everyone.
>>
>>39589219
Let's agree to disagree and settle on a compromise of "mostly everyone on jp is an autistic weeb".

Just look at the board, it's like 75% touhou shit, 20% idols and 5% actual Japanese non-weeb culture.
>>
>>39589299
>Just look at the board, it's like 75% touhou shit, 20% idols and 5% actual Japanese non-weeb culture.

Yeah i guess thats true to an extent
>>
>>39586179
Yes fucking anglo scum
>>
>>39588830
I bet you think anime isn't cartoons faggot
>>
>>39589641
>I bet you think anime isn't cartoons faggot

This
>>
>>39589585
>Yes fucking anglo scum
>Implying?
>>
>>39588740
>just what I was looking for to listen to while playing runescape, thank

Your welcome
>>
>>39589641
it isn't though
..o
>>
>>39591206
So you actually believe cartoons are anime even though their making is different?
If it's not japan it's not anime, back to /co/
>>
And you find this this late? Holy shit... come on, bruh. This is one of the classic YT ones.
>>
>>39591303

No anon you read that wrong yes western cartoons are not anime what >>39589641
meant was i bet you think anime isn't a cartoon and obviously it is they are Japanese cartoons.
>>
>>39591347
if its a classic have you got any more? cause i love this kinda stuff but cant find much else
>>
Bitch betrayed the hikki. So did the fatso, can't be trusting these niggas.
>>
>>39591427
Ok my bad anon, peace
>>
>>39591487
Peace? No, war. I wage war against your for all of eternity.
>>
>>39591487
>Ok my bad anon, peace

Sounds good
>>
>>39587275
>who made this piece of shit, can't they at least do the bare minimum of research?

Hes right you know.jpeg
>>
>>39591347

Its not good though anon come on.
>>
>>39592259
That alone doesn't cut it. He's not right. I don't want to live in a world where NEETs can't exist. Especially the japanese and american ones.
>>
>>39593003

This same here anon i feel the same way as you.
>>
>>39593003
>That alone doesn't cut it.

This
>>
>>39593093
Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno
>>
>>39594157
>Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno
>Implying?
>>
>>39594157
>Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

Speak English
>>
>>39594861
i took 4 weeks of Latin in high school (i transferred to French) & i can figure it out, stop being a dummy
>>
>>39595677
>i took 4 weeks of Latin

You do realize thats a dead language right?.
>>
>>39596346

It's still pretty handy somehow though, words all over have their base in latin and they're easy to recognize that way and a lot of phrases are used in regular conversation.
>>
>>39594157
You know just saying "One for All, All for One" could have still gotten your point across, but whatever. It doesn't take a lot of deductive skills to figure out what you meant.
>>
>>39596578
>You know just saying "One for All, All for One" could have still gotten your point across, but whatever. It doesn't take a lot of deductive skills to figure out what you meant.

This
>>
File: 1500499219530.png (629KB, 575x525px) Image search: [Google]
1500499219530.png
629KB, 575x525px
>>39586179
That picture is giving me feels that I do not wish to feel.
>>
>>39597107
>That picture is giving me feels that I do not wish to feel.

I know how you feel anon.
>>
Controlled demolition of logic is interesting. Literally "big deal in Japan"->"...but there's alot of it" just for the sake of making them appear... Futile?
>>
>>39597319

ahhh i like your take on this anon.
>>
File: 1394767402450.jpg (33KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
1394767402450.jpg
33KB, 278x278px
>>39586179
>34:00
>"During the night, everyone else is sleeping. So I can be all alone. That way I can feel calm and comfortable. That's why I stay up at night."

Dude.
>>
>>39598033

I know its a strong feel that i know but i dont wanna know.
>>
>>39598056
That was the best part of the documentary in my opinion. When he barged into a shut-in's room and began asking him questions. Awkward, incredibly so, but his responses were so relateable and poignant.
>>
>>39598086
>barged into a shut-in's room

Technically he let him in anon lol.
>>
>>39598103
He showed up with cameras and asked to be let in. The shut-in's Japanese, saying no and closing the door would be unbearable.
>>
>>39598116
>The shut-in's Japanese, saying no and closing the door would be unbearable.

True
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.