[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is nursing a comfy field?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

File: nurse.jpg (97KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nurse.jpg
97KB, 1080x1080px
Is nursing a comfy field?
>>
>>39585573
>Is nursing a comfy field?
Any field which is filled with women will require virtually no actual work
>>
File: 1486350827755.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1486350827755.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>dealing with sick and dying people all day
>comfy
>>
File: IMG_2255.jpg (42KB, 535x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2255.jpg
42KB, 535x476px
>>39585573
No work is comfy
>>
back breaking work, it is most certainly not comfy
>>
>>39585573
how do i get an ebony queen like this
>>
>>39585573
I think it's a popular one because people can feel like they're choosing a somewhat smart career because muh help people and it's middle class salary. So if a girl finds a husband who works their family will be well off
The workload sucks but to me the 3 day workweek shift is amazing and beats the hell out of the 5 day workweek

That's why I'm strongly considering trying to be a physician assistant.
Similar workweek in particular fields, high middle class pay, not as many stressful cases like a Full Doc, and I'm not doing total gruntwork like a nurse
>>
>>39585638
My wife a dental hygeinist works 4 days a weeks makes 78k a year. Nursing is a shit tier med field profession faggot
>>
>>39585573

>nursebro who often posts in wagecuck threads here

Yes, you get a ton of money in big cities (making 90+ here in NY) and once you find a good department with good coworkers stay there. You'll have down time so you'll need to be somewhat social and friendly with coworkers.

If you do nights, after 12 you can often watch a movie on your phone or fuck off till like 5am when morning meds and shit need to start getting done before shift change at 7-8
>>
No, but being a practical nurse is comfy. I get goverment money and work around 10-20 hours a month. Its a good time. I can also freely choose when to work for the most part. I usually work on weekends for double pay and preferrably during evenings to nearly triple the pay.

I've enjoyed that line of work honestly. I couldn't stand the usual routine work that I tried years ago and ended up NEETing it up instead. This I can do.
I'm not a normal nurse so I don't have to deal with poo or sick patients. Just older people, crippled people and so on. You can even go to movies for free with the people you work with. As a bonus you can stare at all the cute nurses in all the different facilities you frequent.
>>
>>39585573
She has a perfect body. Origami
>>
>>39585573
Sure, all you have to do is sit around at the nurse's station all day talking, only doing your job when you absolutely have to, and treat patients as if they were an inconvenience and only getting in the way of your talking.
>>
>>39585573
Depends where you work and what position you hold. I'm a cna right now and working toward rn and it sucks ass. Cna in a SNF is the most soul sucking job.
>>
File: 1482287464615.png (218KB, 300x366px) Image search: [Google]
1482287464615.png
218KB, 300x366px
>>39585658

I work 3 days a week and make 90+... Who's really in the shit profession?

>>39585669

>grunt work

On a medsug floor your talents are completely wasted I agree, in critical care and ED you are doing a lot more valuable work. I don't know how I meet people at my hospital who are lifers on a medsurg floor.

Once you get over the initial career reality shock and you start making your techs do the work they are supposed to do it becomes easy and profitable work. For example when you're done being afraid of your unit manager and realize you can delegate finger sticks and changing sheets when grandma shits the bed you're so much better off.

I would say PA is a good field, its a lot of clinical work in school and a lot of getting cucked by doctors when you're new (like resident) but its decent. Plan on starting NP school here soon.

>>39585743

This is more of a medsurg problem than anything else.

>>39585766

If you do your job I appreciate you senpai. If you're one of the CNA's that go missing 80% of the day, except when it's time for vitals then piss off.

Good news is you know what to expect when you get licensed. My advice? Get to ED or a critical care floor asap to further your career and earnings potential.
>>
>>39585669
My girlfriend is an RN in Atlantic Canada and she's incredibly jealous of American nurse wages. Newer RN's here only make $35/hr and that's CAD.
>>
File: 1478995278891.png (64KB, 507x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478995278891.png
64KB, 507x540px
>>39585854

that sucks sorry senpai
>>
>>39585766
do you have to be a cna before becoming an rn?
>>
>>39585633
Go to college and go to the biomedical and nursing majors, there they are
>>
>>39585932

No but if you're borderline with your grades and enterance exam getting in to school will be easier if you work somewhere in the medical field.
>>
>>39585669
overnights for life! Hoping to be in a similar position in the future
>>
>>39586073

I have to do 6 months worth soon starting when they remember that becuase of my contract right now, not looking forward to it but i am going to try to get back on days asap and or get a swing shift (12-12)
>>
>>39585573
Nope, if you're male and anything besodes extreme left, prepare for hell.
I spent two years doing that shit only for the school to block me for trivial shit. Basically, if you view anything outside the box they give you, you can get fucked.
>>
Is it too late to think about nursing if I'm now a junior in college? I considered accounting but this sounds better.
>>
>>39585585
That's not true but I won't interrupt your misogynist fantasy with facts.
>>
>>39585585
nursing is definitely not 'virtually no work'
>>
>>39585932
Not necessarily, but in my town (and most, from what I know) getting into the programs is really hard and it's competetive, so if you have experience you have a better chance of being chosen. What I've been told, those with experience are chosen first.
>>
>>39585693
How long would it take for me to go this route? I already have a psychology BS but can't for the life of me find a job that pays more than 12/hr that's also comfy, besides residential caretaker but I felt depressed when I wasn't around women. Would LPN be the way for me?
>>
>>39586213
>>39585932
Plus, I'm a poorfag so I need a full time job before I can go to school. :'(
>>
>>39585573
Not if you're a man. You'll be cucked by Dr. Thundercock for the rest of your career. In fact, doctors usually make it so that you quit if you're a male nurse by creating an absolutely unbearable work environment.
>>
>>39586135

I've never experienced that, my female coworkers are nothing but nice to me. I have had discussions about voting Trump with male and female nurses and never got shit. Your union reps will spew bullshit about healthcare laws, but my union is a private sector union so I am sort of ok with it and the healthcare plan.

>>39586135

If you're chad, you can work in Manhattan and make a fortune as an accountant. If you're not chat you will never move on, always get the shit dumped on you and regret it. Or you can be a CPA and do taxes and do ok for yourself if you can handle running your own business.

I would do Nursing again before any business, especially since I know how much potential there is in management and NP for me. Accounting I'm not sure if I would do it, but if you can switch it up consider it. You'll need to talk to a professor and find what classes you're missing.

>>39586220

Go to BSN/ RN, every hospital is being taken over by big health systems and LPN's are being phased out for magnet status seeking institutions.

>>39586248

A lot of doctors are bros, they understand and are appreciative of your good work if you aren't a med surg nurse.
>>
>>39585573
It's full of whores. It's what all high school passarounds do when they graduate. A great field if you're Chad.
>>
>>39585573
Yeah, all you do all day is whine on Facebook about the Tory party
>>
>>39586280
>A lot of doctors are bros, they understand and are appreciative of your good work

>anal retentive assholes with superiority complexes
>bros
Nah, fuck yourself, doc. I seriously hope we knock you fucks a peg or 10 within the next 10 years. In my opinion, people place way too much importance on medical "professionals"
>>
>>39586280
would you say that it's mentally draining for someone who's introverted?
>>
No you'll end up spending years changing old people diapers. Maybe retard diapers, if you're qualified.
>>
>>39586397

I'm not a doctor. You're clearly an assmad poorfag though.

>>39586423

If you're in the wrong spot yeah. If you're in a bad unit you can fight your assignment and get a switch
>>
>>39585573
I am a lawyer who takes licenses away from nurses. I wouldn't call it a comfy field, but it's a pretty good profession. So much stuff comes across my desk that's the result of high school behavior/girl bullshit, so if you wind up in a hospital or a similar environment (e.g., nursing home), don't act like a fucking weirdo at work. Someone will decide they don't like you, you will get accused of drug diversion, someone will find mistakes in your charting, and I will deprive you of your livelihood after you get fired.
>>
File: 1504347138273.jpg (98KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1504347138273.jpg
98KB, 409x409px
>>39586487
>get to indulge in my fetish
>>
>>39586146
>That's not true but I won't interrupt your misogynist fantasy with facts.
Thank you for understanding
>>
>>39586569
>I'm not a doctor
Worse yet, a male nurse. Enjoy cuckoldry on the professional AND romantic/sexual level, you old-people-ass-wiping queer.

>>39586578
Keep doing God's work.
>>
>>39586220
Depends on what you do with it.
I graduated as an lpn last year and now I work at an easy af job at a clinic for 25 an hour in baltimore. As an lpn, your employment options are limited since you're not getting the hospital work you really need to further your career. Private duty is comfy as fuck and can pay 30-40 an hour with overtime for hanging out and watching movies with your patient.

The pay is more than almost anything else you'll get in that area with your level of education but it's still in the range of "working class to lower middle class"

Nursing homes are the most common place that lpn's work at. I did nursing home as a cna and for a while as a nurse but I wouldn't recommend it. They'll play hell with your schedule and while you can get good clinical experience at some places, having a job with hours and downtime for going to school is the fastest way to advance your career. As well, 90% of those places are hellish to work at. Make use of your cna's and techs though. Avoid a reputation as "the nurse who disappears when the call light goes off" or as lazy but learn to delegate. It makes your job 100 times easier when the cna's like you.

If you go lpn, the big draw is that you only have to be in school for 1.5-2 years(including pre-reqs). To maximize lpn though, you'll want to immediately get into a bridge program to RN. Then you can get more money out of school for having lpn experience, the classes are much easier since you've already done nurisng school, etc.

Doctors can be assholes but if you bust ass and act competently, they'll start to favor you over the lazy as hell nurses you'll work with.
>>
>>39586589
Go take a Nirsing Assisting course. You can even find a free program. Change all the diapers and take home all the scabies you want.
>>
>>39586694

You're clearly a mouthbreather poorfag

>>39586578

All of this is easy to avoid if you're not a moron.
>>
>>39586701

Can verify all this as true.
>>
>>39586701
Also, if you do lpn. Take degree level classes rather than diploma level for everything before you enter the lpn program. This lowers the amount of time you'll be in school when you bridge to RN and give you a competitive edge against other students in the lpn program.
>>
>>39586846
>You're clearly a mouthbreather poorfag
>these low energy brainlet comebacks
But hey, it's SUCH a difficult profession ;_; omg so many years of school. only for the intellectual elite
>>
>>39586846
Poorfags are usually the ones who want to get into nursing. Nursing is a good option that pays well for people who grew up in poor backgrounds or people with no other ambitions and potential career paths.
>>
Comfy no. But you will always be able to find a job
>>
File: 1404577346606.jpg (332KB, 1600x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1404577346606.jpg
332KB, 1600x1422px
>>39585573
her name is literally angel
>>
>>39586875
I've seen people wonder if lpn is a good option. I'd sum it up as "It's low tier as far as pay but high tier compared to other diploma level jobs."
Comfiness rating
private duty>clinic>prison>nursing home
Pay rating
Private duty>>>>>>prison>nursing home>clinic

And those are basically the only three fields where you'll get a job as an lpn. Clinic though can be pretty broad if you're looking for something to specialize later in your career other than geriatrics.
>>
>>39587028
Pretty much I'd recommend RN in most cases except if you're too poorfag to go RN.
>>
>>39586947
Yeah. It's an absolute guarantee that if you don't fuck it up, you'll have a good job and you'll never have to worry about money again. There's no risk in choosing it as your career path (other than health risks and lawsuits, but whatever).
>>
>>39586945

Never said it's difficult or for the intellectual elite. Obviously you've got some issues bud. What's your profession? Let me guess math phd 300k starting...

>>39586947

I'd say it's more a lower middle class to middle class option becuase it requires a lot of college and the community colleges are hard to get into becuase Asian parents send their kids there to save money and they make entry difficult.

>>39587028

You're right, you can make a lot of money and you're correct in all aspects. The problem will be that the big health systems want RN's only.

>>39586969

It's comfy if you are in the right situation
>>
>>39587060
Do you plan on becoming a nurse practitioner?
>>
>>39587060
The thing is that they kick lpn's out of nursing homes and clinics every 5 or so years. Then they want to hire them all back a few years later because these places can't afford to pay RN wages to their workers.
For sure, going back to school as soon as possible is the best option for a new lpn.
>>
>>39587099

Yes, I'm working through the weekend but I plan on spending my off time next week researching NP programs and finding out how much money I can get from work to pay for it.

>>39587135

Exactly, a lot of them are smart too but hospitals are driving them out. We have a handful left and they are all in pediatrics.
>>
>>39587135
The big change in big health care systems in nursing homes is that upward advancement for lpn's is dwindling. Most of your older adn's and directors will be lpn's. 99% of the floor nurses will be lpn's. Anyone who's a charge nurse or involved in management though and was hired in the past couple years will be an RN nowadays though.
>>
I'm a NEET and nursing seems like one of the pathways I'd take if I ever wind up going to college for something. Not sure if I could handle it, though.
>>
>>39587242

Studying is the key, you have to read 1-2 hours a night, more leading up to a test. If you can do that for 2 years during your final 1-2 years of school you're fine.
>>
>>39587242
Try to find a live in residential nursing home and work the night shift. It's like being NEET and it's great. 12hour shift, free food, and free bed with only light house keeping and toileting at night.
>>
My best friend is a male nurse and according to him he only lifts patients and corpses to the point you need no gym membership.
>>
>>39587175
I know one of the hospitals near here has a few lpn's left in OB.
Luckily, I've started going back to school and so far it's all a refresher course. I'm older than my classmates but my grades have all been A's for way less work than last time I was in school.
>>
>>39587341

Yeah it's pretty intense when you have to move some fat fucks up in bed.
>>
Do you get to sleep with hot nurses like op pic or is that reserved for doctors?
>>
>>39587341
This is one of the big reasons I wouldn't recommend working in a nursing home as a male nurse. Especially at places that don't have a lift, i.e assisted living. Those jobs destroy your back, ankles, just tear your body apart by your 30's. You'll be expected to do most of the work in lifting patients on every single shift and be put on the "wheelchair wing" of the facility if your management is less than stellar.
>>
>>39587388
Claim to have a gf or be gay if you're incel. Sleeping with coworkers is the quickest way to get involved in nursing drama. As a male, you're in a unique opportunity to "be above the drama" It's easier to avoid workplace politics as a male nurse than a female one.
>>
The nurses I've met have all seemed nice and accommodating as coworkers but I've often seen more contempt from nurses towards patients than docs, which I can't blame them for since they are doing the actual work when it comes to interacting with patients.

Male nurses are bros, too. I would suggest the field for anyone that would like to deal with more patient care responsibilities than patient treatment.

For the record, I'm fine with RNs taking over anesthesia and primary care too. In 95% of cases, there's not too much complexity involved where an actual medical background is warranted and it costs less overall to hire a nurse than doctor for lower level stuff like that. A lot of other medfags are very bent out of shape about it but it's simply the way things are.

t. medfag
>>
>>39586133

>anon said he refuses to treat nonwhite patients
>>
>>39587432

Yes but like any real world situation don't do it with people you work with directly, pick from different departments.

>>39587465

Which is why I am going to NP and urgicare.
>>
>>39587465
What do doctors do all day anyway? Silly question but they seem to only be with patients for a few minutes then head out
>>
>>39585573
When I tried to an hero and ended up in intensive care, nurses were really nice and even gave me showers.
>>
>>39587465
Constant bitching and folding rank to cover up co-worker mistakes are two highly held traditions in the nursing field.
When you find a good unit, ride that bull as if your life depended on it.
>>
>>39585625
I was a security guard in college and that job was comfy as fuck.

made me question what I would do if something actually happened but nothing did so I watched BTAS all day
>>
Lab Science and Histology are the true robot med fields.
>>
>>39587616
>What do doctors do all day anyway? Silly question but they seem to only be with patients for a few minutes then head out
sit around and demand extremely large salaries
doctors should be exterminated
>>
If you don't mind working terrible and random hours, wiping asses, dealing with sick and dying people who (understandably) pissed off and going bankrupt and frequent flyers/mouth breathers/hood rats it seems like a good job i guess
>>
>>39585573

Nursing is a tough job unless you get some kind of comfy gig in a small town doctor's private practice.
>>
>>39588355
>sit around
lol

Unless you're a dentist or some shit being a doctor is probably the worst way to make lots of money in regards to how much of your soul you'll lose in the process.
>>
>>39585573

>QT thin black registered nurse

You just know all her family are mooching off her while calling her a coon and making fun of her for dating white guys behind her back.
>>
>>39585585

It's kind of a shit field to be in right now because of the obesity epidemic. It was always a foregone conclusion you'd eventually mess up your back and go into admin or a supervisor job. But now backs are being wrecked before age 30 and jobs aren't opening up fast enough.

Fatties need to die.
>>
In the med field but want out.
>>
>>39585573
Is having AIDS blood sprayed towards your mouth and eyes "comfy"?

Then, yes.
>>
>>39588627
>QT
yes
>for dating white guys
nah she was with some black basketball player
>>
>>39585573
yeah im sure cleaning potties out of dying old fart's shit is very comfy
>>
>>39587616
Depends on the field, but there's a lot of charting either way.
>>
>>39588733
was it something you were interested in initially?
>>
>>39585573

Worked nursing homes and assisted living homes for eight years without a degree. I don't regret it, but it made me an emotionally colder man. I could've never thought I'd actually be happy about sick people dying, but a couple times I literally celebrated the passing of some arduous patients. My experiences also made me a strong supporter of euthanasia and I'll def take the shot before ending up in a nursery home myself.
>>
>>39588884
I was interested, but I would definitely be better doing something else. I don't have any mental illnesses but being in this field makes me think I do.
>>
>>39588693
this. My grandma's been working as a nurse in a retirement home for basically her whole life and she can barely get out of bed anymore.
Not to mention the horror stories i've heard about special needs residents
>>
>>39585585
nurses do far more manual labour than the doctors. the doctors are mostly there for their medical opinions amd to perform examinations, the nurses have to change bedpans and help old people with dementia eat their food.

id hate to be a nurse
>>
>>39585854
That's a pretty good wage for living in the barren mostly unemployed Liberal-voting asshole of Canada. Some of the nurses where I worked in Ontario did 100k+ if they did overtime I don't want to fucking hear about muh wages
>>
>>39589562

It's better to do per diem shifts for OT. Not your facility and you don't have to worry about fucking up or half assing it in front of your actual coworkers.
>>
>>39586220
I guess this would depend largely on where you live. This kind of a job is more of a "on standby practical nurse" where I plan ahead any hours and such, but there are times when they will just call me out of the blue due to me living so close to the main nursery and ask if I can come over to help out. Calm someone down who is freaking out and so on, take them for a walk or do something fun with them to cheer them up.
I had no medical school backround when I went in for interviews, but they did keep a close eye on me for a few months. Now they are talking that I should go arrange some things with a college so I could study on the side and get a steady job there as a proper nurse, but I'm not so sure about that.

I like how there are only two men in the main building that I usually work in. Me and the fucking janitor. All the women are super nice too aside from the occasional bad moods that the unlucky person doing night shift might have. They stay up all night and few hours before most others come in, they have to prep and set up everything. If the really nice girl is there during nights, I'll try to time my shifts so I can help her out. Am I being a cuck? Why am I even talking about this.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.