[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: stolen from google.jpg (277KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
stolen from google.jpg
277KB, 1024x768px
Half the power in my house went off during a storm. Doesn't come back on even if I flip the switches in the breaker box. If I call an electrician, could he fix it just from outside where the box is or would he have to come inside for some reason? Is this something I could do myself? Are there fuses inside I could just replace?
>>
>>39577593

If it's just one switch there's probably a short somewhere, but half the switches - no idea.

He is definitely going to have to come inside and not just for the fusebox, he'll probably check the sockets, etc.
>>
>>39577633
It was actually just a couple at a time. Some of the rooms in my house have been without power for a couple of years. But a recent storm made some more important rooms lose power. If it's just a bunch of shorts, could he solely work from the fusebox?
>>
Oh brain fart, it's just one fuse..

Yeah you can replace that, just try and buy with the same amperage rating. Of course, switch off the master fuse before you do that.

If you have a multimeter, you can check if the fuse is actually blown. Just google it.

If there's a short somewhere, it doesn't matter if you replace the the fuse, it will instantly go down again. In that case you have to localize the short and fix it, thing of where water could have gotten in and came into contact with exposed wires or a power socket.

If it's a power socket you have to replace that..
>>
>>39577675
Coolio, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>39577593
But why can't the electricist enter your house OP?

Whta if she is a cutie?
>>
>>39578798
My house is like Chris Chan's because my mom is a hoarder. I don't want them to report it and get it condemned.
>>
>>39578864
Call that discovery TV show about hoarders.

Your mom is not living a healthy situation and you should intervene.
>>
>>39578889
Fuck reality tv, I don't want anything to do with that shit. I know it's not a good situation, but shit ain't gonna change.
>>
>>39577593
So, I'll just ask the obvious.

What if the power is still out? Do your neighbors have power?
>>
>>39578903
it's not hard to change. truste me I know this shit.

get some useless stuff and throw away every month. one item per week will actually help
>>
>>39578915
Yeah, powergrid is fine. It's only our house. Parts of it have been without power for years. The fusebox doesn't close all the way, so I figure water gets in it when it rains.
>>39578932
Nah, she's been like this her whole life. A couple times people have cleaned up for us and it always goes back to the same way its always been. We've even moved a bunch of times. Shit comes with us. I've accepted it and don't care any more.
>>
>>39578962
so what your girlfriend says about the house situation?

how imbecile a man must be to let "part of the house without power" for more than a week?

some women will perceive this behaviour as bad genes for their offspring and "un-fall in love" unconsciously. not her fault.
>>
>>39578995
Kek. What girlfriend? I just didn't care it was without power. My room is one of the ones without it. I just plug everything into an electrical strip I've got plugged into an extension cord.
>>
>>39578864
Alright my dude, you have piqued my curiosity, you got to post some pics of the trash heap that is your home
>>
>>39579161
Nah, fuck that. I'm not going to be the next /tv/ ogre. Goodbye, I'm going to sleep.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.