[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reaching Out General Discussion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: 1492925624965.jpg (498KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
1492925624965.jpg
498KB, 500x601px
Have you ever told anyone you're depressed?
Have you ever shared your suicidal thoughts?
You've been having some dramatic mood swings, but does anyone even notice?
Do they even know you're autistic?

This thread is for the purpose of sharing what's wrong with us and how those around us react to it. Very few of us have the luxury of being isolated, as evidence by /uni/ and /retail/. With that in mind, have you ever reached out?

What's wrong with you, who did you tell, and how did they react?
>>
File: 1477032161547.png (798KB, 1161x1548px) Image search: [Google]
1477032161547.png
798KB, 1161x1548px
the only time I ever got a tinder match with a girl who seemed as depressed as I (and she was ugly but like a kinda cute ugly if you tried real hard) and we ended up talking for a month via tinder/kik before we decided to meet
day before we meet I reached out, mentioned suicidal tendencies and my general lack of appeal for life; she called the cops on me because idk but I then had to explain to them to go away cus I wasnt gonna kill myself right then and there but they were persistent and then I ghosted her cus who the fuck does that
the end
>>
>>39555304
Producing this thread was worth it for this post alone, thank you
>>
>>39555253
Weren't you banned from Discord, Love?
>>
>>39555336
Currently in discussion with the staff of the service for the privy amongst us.
Perhaps contribute?
>>
File: 1504053070458.jpg (24KB, 480x360px)
1504053070458.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>39555253
Nooope. But haven't gotten diagnosed so I don't even know. Might just be in some kind of rut and hoping to change.
But my dad has started asking questions like
>why do you stay at home on weekends?
>why don't you ask a girl out?
>>
>>39555379
I think it's pretty fucking obvious I have depression, at least to my parents
>either stay up all night or sleep 12+ hours
>have stopped eating at home, eat a large meal once every two days
>say nothing beyond hello and goodbye
I try to put on a social front around normies though. My parents have just given up.
>>
>>39555433
What makes you unhappy?
>>
>>39555454
>What makes you unhappy?
The fact that I haven't gotten anywhere in life. I've cut off contact with my old friends because of social anxiety. Hanging around with shitty people that destroyed my confidence and stuff like that.

I tried to study again a year ago to better myself but i had a bad experience that left me worse off instead. I'm not even suicidal though and I think I'm better of then a lot of others here
>>
>>39555253
Once i told my Best friend i Got depresion.
She told everybody..
I was send to psychologists many Times and my shouted at me everyday Why i want kill myself (i didn't want to) i hated her for that even more because my parents take my phone, computer for Month it was literami that moment where i could not Relax i could literaly do Nothing even talk to friendship because then ghosted me.
Well good thing i Got cool aunt i finished school in the same Month and lived in her house she was better than my friends and parents.
Well school fucked up because they leaked my info to local news.
I sued them for half of milion (not $)
Because psychological trauma.
I won, i Still live with aunt but Pay balls to work normaly and got money to buy stuff even better in future i Got my aunt house
>>
>>39555635
That was super sweet of you to do that for your aunt but your English writing could use work
>>
File: delete.jpg (32KB, 680x383px)
delete.jpg
32KB, 680x383px
>>39555635
I used to be depressed too, went to psychiatrists because parents.
It just made me worse, I was a wreck.
I found out it was much easier to change your conditions over your nature.
I just don't feel like talking anymore, I'm tired of listening to people and their bullshit, uninspired life and I'm just about as uninteresting as they are.
The main joys in life are already granted.
Selective mutism saves me the burden of being socially stunted.
People get angry when I don't reply to them, but I always do what they want in the end and the lack of social interaction saves me from their sadistic contempt.
Being mute is my magnanimity, I would rather not exist as an individual, so I bought a dog and he doesn't talk back or listen, but we still push through our lives and make the most out of it.
>>
>>39555433
Psychiatrist will diagnose you for anything these day. ADHD, autism, aspie are all buzzwords to them.
>>
File: exit.jpg (21KB, 600x350px)
exit.jpg
21KB, 600x350px
>Cashier at fast food place says to me "Are you always this happy?" after I place an order (entirely normally on my part)
>I was kind of dumbfounded by the question, so I reply with "It's just a mask, I wouldn't make it through the day otherwise"
>Must have said it while smiling, because she just laughed and said "Well you have a great day then!" without even a hint of irony

It was so surreal that I almost thought that I was dreaming
>>
>>39555999
Why not be sad? Why do you keep getting up and lying to yourself.
I wouldn't be able to do that.
>>
>>39556666
Not him.
checked
I'm usually that way because when I was forced to get a job I ended up in retail and if you aren't fake happy the entire time you lose your job.
>>
I have two friends that I met online that have rapidly become the best friends in my life that I talk to. They're the ones that pushed me to go to a doctor and see someone professional. Gonna see a psych in a few weeks.

Haven't told parents, haven't told gf, even that I've gone to the doctor
>>
>>39556692
That's sad, I'm a cook and I can be as depressed as I want, some people even come nearly drunk at the job and nobody bats an eye as long as you get the job done. It's hard work but you don't have to hide your feelings, just don't confess them.
>>
>>39555739
Fuck, are you me? Parents found scars and they're dragging me to a psych tomorrow. Any advice?
>>
I've been stuck living with my parents all summer until uni starts again. This time I leave, I'm not going to return home if I can help it. My parents are decent people but they're painfully mediocre at everything and it's depressing for me to be around them and notice their complacent personalities rub off on me. I love them but I've always been a 'lone wolf' type and living with them is beginning to feel like a prison. I can't stand still being dependent on my dad for food, shelter and transport. I have hopes to be far better than my parents ever were and being forced to rely on them still so much crushes me.
>>
>>39556780
Not him, but I guess be honest with the psych. Are they the type of parents who want to be in the room with you?
>>
File: clownxx_620x310.jpg (24KB, 620x310px)
clownxx_620x310.jpg
24KB, 620x310px
>>39555253
>>39555304
>>39555433
>>39555438
>>39555635
>>39555685
>>39555999
>>39555739
>>39556666
>>39556832
>>39556780
AHAH, YOU'RE ALL SO FUCKING PATHETIc. TRY NOT TO DIE WHILE MAKING ANOTHER TUMBLR ACCOUNT ATTENTION-KEKS XDDDDDD DIE IN THE LIFE'S SHREDDER PINK-GLASSES
>>
>>39555253
last time I reached out was 13 years ago
they hospitalized me and kept me under surveillance

I reached out again, first appointment with the psychiatrist is next week.

wish me luck robots
>>
>>39555253
I never have.

I'm very close to telling my mother because if I don't get some help sodoku seems inevitable
>>
>>39556883
What's wrong with you anon? You can talk about your problems here too you know.
>>
>>39556872
They are. I'm the type of person who wants to run away when they do though.
>>
>>39555253
i hate people and that hate is slowly turning me into something i originally was not, i am afraid i will never be fun around strangers because of this rising hatred towards society.
and i am depressed and have mood swings
>>
>>39556930
Then you need to tell the psych that you're not comfortable with them there, and you'd rather talk to him (or her, whatever) alone. Your parents might not like it, and if it's just an initial consultation for the psych to determine if you DO have a serious, treatable problem, he might want them to stay, but even so, you're the patient. They might pay, but the psych is there for YOU, not for them. The psych needs you to talk if he's going to have any chance of helping you, and you need to make it clear to him that you don't feel comfortable talking openly, in the way that will help HIM the most, if your parents are there, looking over your should and cutting in with their own opinions.
>>
File: 1496913263861.gif (501KB, 342x342px)
1496913263861.gif
501KB, 342x342px
>>39556957
I appreciate the advice, thanks anon.
>>
>>39557032
You're going to be OK. Some questions might be awkward, or you might not see how they're relevant, or you might feel it's not helping, or any number of other things. But it's going to be OK. The fact you're seeing someone, even if it wasn't you who booked the appointment, is a start.

You're going to be OK. I promise.
>>
>getting stressed out at work due to recent changes resulting in my once peaceful workspace being constantly intruded upon by others
>try to tell boss about problems
>he just dishes out the same generic normie platitudes every time
>keep complaining in hopes something will change
>nothing changes and his normie platitudes are now making me angry
>end up getting violently angry at work almost every day
>decide enough is enough and things aren't gonna change at work
>decide not to go into work Sunday
>call up boss and I try to explain my reasoning
>he starts up on his platitudes again
>"You need help"
>hang up on him

These past few days have been SO fucking nice. No work, no stress. I'm brainstorming ways to produce income and it's been pretty fun. I may open up a little video game shop in the local thrift mall, It's always been one of my dreams to have my own game store. I'd rather crash and burn attempting something I love, better than slaving away the rest of my life doing something I dread.
>>
>>39557047
Everyone says that. It has never gotten better in my life. There was a time when I scoualized, it wasn't better. There was a time when I lifted, it wasn't better. At this point I want to just stop existing.
>>
>>39557174
Socialized, lol.
>>
>>39557174
I get that, but you haven't seen anyone professionally before, have you? I'm not saying it'll fix everything, and I'm not saying throwing meds at you will fix the problem, because it likely won't (I'm assuming you haven't been put on any meds yet, maybe you have), but I know that for a lot of people being able to say how they're feeling, to someone they don't know, to someone who won't judge them or tell anyone about what you say, CAN help. The psychologist not caring about you is a blessing in a way - they can be objective to the problems you bring them. Maybe it won't help you, but you can't knock it until you try it.

I mean, I'm probably going to see one in a few weeks, even though I don't think I even have depression - despite what my doctor told me. It's gonna be hard and probably embarrassing, but they're not gonna care, because they don't know me, or my family, or my friends, or anything.
>>
>>39557061
Ive always thought a bar/ video game place would be cool
>>
>>39557309
That actually sounds dope. Something like a legit gentlemen's club for nerd types. You could serve drinks, match randoms for d&d, hold smash tournaments. Hardest part would be marketing though.
>>
>>39557357
>>39557309
>>39557061
Check out a place called the Mana Bar. It's a place in Australia and it's pretty sweet. They get tons of business
>>
>>39556907
HAHAHA, FUCK, SOMEONE KILL ME I WANT TO END MY LIFE SO FUCKING HARD xDD
>>
>>39555253
>Just go out and do things i enjoy and you'll get over it, if you don't feel better i will be offended
>Stop being such a drama queen, everyone feels blue every now and then
>Why are you always so fucking moody?
I don't even know myself what constitutes as Autism these days, the definition is so broad i think if anyone is put under the scope hard enough they will yield some signs of "Autism"

Social retardation due to isolation, old friends, "get over it brah"
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.