[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you setup a cheap homegym?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1504653718518.jpg (110KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1504653718518.jpg
110KB, 780x1040px
Why don't you setup a cheap homegym?
>>
>>39548155
why is your bench on plastic carts?
>>
>>39548351
helps activate my almonds
>>
File: IMG_4440.png (124KB, 588x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4440.png
124KB, 588x700px
>>39548155
Because it wouldn't be cheap. I need a squat rack, a proper bench, a barbell, a bunch of plates, a cable/pulley system, and a cardio machine. A gym membership is much more convenient. I also like some of the machines for isolation movements
>>
>>39548393
haha just like that meme
>>
File: IMG_2490.jpg (427KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2490.jpg
427KB, 1600x1200px
>>39548416
You'd be surprised man
>200kg weights
>adjustable bench
>powercage
>barbell
>adjustable Dumbbells
>bike machine not pictured.
Cost me just over 1000AUD.

No pulley setup though but that can be easily missed.
>>
>>39548451
Diff anon, this seems really comfy but I like the gym experience seeing the regulars and nodding to the staff and seeing everyone trying to /improve/. Also my gym is right next to Central Park and that's my favorite place to run so there's that.

Maybe if I didn't live in a city would I invest in a home gym
>>
>>39548521
Yea man, the closest gym to me is a 15min drive away and that's just bullshit imo (then again I refuse to work at any place not within a 10min drive). I live in Aus, there's a great park down the road for cardio, a ski park just up from it and I have a pool which I do laps in so really the only thing I was missing in my immediate proximity was a gym.

It's fucking comfy. Finish work, and smash out a set (doing right now actually). And working out naked/in my underwear is super comfy.
>>
>>39548570
This sounds like a dream to /improvers/
Why exactly are you a robro?
>>
File: IMG_2821.png (1MB, 1120x1272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2821.png
1MB, 1120x1272px
>>39548451
Interesting, cheaper than I thought. Thanks for the info, I may have to look into this as a future possibility. I have easy access to a gym for the time being but it may change very soon
>>
>>39548155
cause it ain't cheap.
>>
>>39548634
>work nights/weekends 4x/week
>train martial arts 4x/week
>no friends (outside of online)
>spend most my time on my hobby/alone
The only people I see on regular is my boss when he comes in as I'm leaving work, and my students, oh and my family (rent the downstairs). Admittedly I'm more a cyborg
>>
>>39548686
Only thing I'll suggest is shell out the full amount for a good powercage (mine set me back 600 new) because lets be honest...if it's holding the weights you don't want it to turn into an impromptu guillotine.

Check your Craigslist's equivalent. I was lucky enough to find three separate bargains, picked them all up in the same day too (admittedly one was 1.5hrs drive away but it was all the bars and the rubber weights for $150. Metal weights were for $100 and the adjustable bench was $100)
>>
>>39548686
>>39548763
Or look for people doing full liquidation. I'm kinda bummed as I wanna get more weights but everyone is selling them as a set with powercages and won't split.
>>
>>39548716
>cyborg
I like to think I'm cyborg but some days I think it's worse
Stats
>assistant teacher 5 days a week
>gym, run 5 days a week for 1 yr
>decently attractive but 5'6
>no real hobbies beside running
>I have "friends" but phone is dry everyday
>bad upbringing
>can't focus

Meh, idk. Let's just keep on /improving/ we will definitely make it one day
>>
>>39548155
>wanting to be injured this badly
I just have dumbells and a barl to curl at home. Having a bench and stuff is too much hassle
>>
>>39548823
>wanting to be injured this badly
I'm confused
>>
>>39548794
Sounds you're doing better than me man.
>dead end night job
>no qualifications (26)
>gym 3x a week, calisthenics 3x, martial arts 4x
>still a chubby cunt from depression eating and abusive relationship of 3yrs
>slowly getting back there
>a few hobbies I've dabbled in; currently trimming the fat (pun intended) and making my interests more concise.
>no friends except my dnd group (online)
>20k in debt

Gonna head back to studies next year and hopefully get myself back into the green in a few years.
>>
>>39548794
>>39548917
Oh and forgot
>6'2" but solid 5/10
So about break even on that point.
>>
>>39548451
The commercial gym down the road costs $10 per month.

$1000 pays membership fees for more than 8 years.
>>
>>39548155

Because I rent and don't own property.

Otherwise I'd do it in a heartbeat
>>
>>39548961

Aussie gym fees are rather high compared to other places, but often offer more, like pools and saunas, At least in my area anyway.

What do you think an r9k browser would prefer? A commercial, social gym or a gym which they own and control with little social interaction.
>>
>>39548917
>20k in debt
Holy shit anon, I can't even imagine how much money would look like tangibly, but I guess that's what being an adult is like.. 20yr old anon reporting in.
>hobbies
It looks like you're definitely in the right track here, I'm just now starting to find hobbies and Ik what I want to do but starting from absolute scratch is gonna take a while. And there's always the possibility of relapse (addicted to vidya and internet but dropped vidya 2 years ago).

Let's always remember to never give up. Talking to anons like you really give me hope lel sometimes all this wallow in shit mentality that floods r9k can really get to you but that's why I appreciate the diversity :]
>>
>>39548823
>Risk of injury
It's pretty small if you are smart about how you train, and the benefits outweigh the risks. The whole body needs work, not just the biceps
>>
>>39548155
Cause my friend already has one that I can use
>>
>>39549215
Bodyweight exercises will get the job done too, and you don't have to read a book on lifting to get started.
>>
>>39549120
I'm only 26....I fell for the gf meme and supported her through uni. When she graduated we were to switch roles but...whelp. Also kinda left me a little jaded with women desu.

I have a few things I dabble in which I wouldn't call hobbies (like wood working) but I 3 major ones which I dedicate at least 5-10hrs a week to apiece. I dropped vidya for going on a year now, but took up drinking again so... break even.

Hey it's one of the reasons I hang around here, to help spread so joy and good vibes. I usually make a thread about one of my hobbies (divination) every few weeks.
>>
I used rings for the first time a while ago and I'm convinced you could get a full upper body workout from them alone. Look at the dudes who compete in it at the olympics, they are more jacked than the weightlifters.
Only problem then is legs, but if you do squats with anything heavy you can find it should be good enough.

They cost like $20. Get it done robots.
>>
>>39549530
Same thing happened to me with the gf bruh. Bitches mayne, what can you do.

The good news is after a couple years and a couple more bad experiences the pussy spell is now broken, women have no power over me now. Took too long but some guys never get there so meh.
>>
>>39548155
God, i love that templar helmet just sitting there :E
>>
>>39548416
I literally got a bench, bar, plates, pull up bar, squat rack, and a shit ton of free weight by just posting on websites around my neighborhood asking for weight shit
>>
>>39550494
>by just posting on websites around my neighborhood asking for weight shit
how?
>>
Square footage comes at a premium price where I live, it's as big as a problem as the initial investment in the home gym.
>>
File: Homegym (2).png (743KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
Homegym (2).png
743KB, 612x816px
>>39548155
I don't like to keep it cheap, it's the lack of room that limits me. Got a complete workout cage with about 150kg plates and a cardio bike, so I can do most workouts.
>>
>>39548416
>a cable/pulley system
Don't really need those, you just need to make sure your workout cage has a pull up bar.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.