[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /noob web developer/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: HEY.png (7KB, 405x165px) Image search: [Google]
HEY.png
7KB, 405x165px
Who here /noob web developer/?
>>
>>39540032
Desktop material
>>
>>39540086
you're welcome, desu anon
>>
>>39540032
I don't understand why you guys want to learn programming "as a hobby" and "start working from home". Is this a meme? Do you actually want to study programming or are you that bored?
>>
>>39541280
some us have been curious cookies since we were young anon. It's a shame that we never got successful and ended up here.
>>
>>39541280
Web development is not "programming". I find web development more entertaining and challanging than watching anime and browsing /r9k/, though. Yes, you can """work from home""" by making websites for people. Don't expect to get a lot as a starter.
>>
File: 8765467898765.jpg (22KB, 375x542px) Image search: [Google]
8765467898765.jpg
22KB, 375x542px
is there any way to make money without having to work with a content management system, any sql php or js/jquery? (so basically just html and css and media queries for responsive)
>>
>>39541323
I'm not a start, I'm an actual programmer btw, a curious one about these people.
>>39541311
you don't have to be successful to get into programming, are you young enough to still decide your paths?
>>39541323
meh, HTML and CSS is defnitely not programming, but if you're going to use a database or any actual programming language to format your HTML then it's programming. What exactly are you doing OP? >>39540032
>>39541491
no, that's as easy as it gets, you won't get money from it. Also, check out bootstrap, bootstrap if a free-to-use library for HTML/CSS/JS, lots of developers use it.
>>
>>39541609
bootstrap is just media queries done for you, with a lot of extra bloat you dont need. yes its quick but it limits freedom in the design of your website and I personally dislike it from previous use

I'm >>39541491
html and css are my only skills im confident enough in to charge money for, I do know bootstrap and php wordpress sql js/jquery but Im not a professional. I wish there where simple jobs I could still do
>>
>>39541609
OP here. I'm basically learning HTML and CSS from w3schools.com and codecademy.
>>
>>39541801
>yes its quick but it limits freedom in the design of your website
how exactly does it limit freedom?
>extra bloat you dont need
it's not like that extra bloat would make your site any slower

>I do know bootstrap and php wordpress sql js/jquery but Im not a professional
ah, are you OP? so you know the whole package, you just need to train your other skills and you'll be fine.
Also, since you use PHP, did you know about JS plugins like Select2, FullCalendar, JS DataTables, JS Validation, and so on? Those are great, you'll need to learn that too.
>>
>>39541847
ooh, then have you heard about bootstrap? read >>39541609 please
>>
>>39541900
No, first time hearing of Bootstrap. How do I use it and what is it good for?
>>
>>39541871
bootstrap uses 12 columns with 4 predefined breakpoints, which means you'll often use media queries together with bootstrap anyway if this doesnt fit the design of your website
plus yes maybe it doesnt change much in your sites speed but its messy, which is just a personal preference
I interned in webdev companies and they all disliked bootstrap as well, but again I can see why people use it too
also not OP
>>
>>39541965
oh boy, you have a long way to go.
It's a library for HTML/CSS/JS, do you know what a library is in terms of programming? If not search it.
It's a package of CSS classes and JavaScript functions that you can use on your website, loots of developers use bootstrap because it's a faster and easier way to create an HTML page, so you don't have to 'invent the wheel' everytime.
>>
>>39542105
>its messy
I don't even want to debate, I'm honestly just asking why it's messy, what's the confusion with bootstrap?
>>
ME!!
havent studied in a week ama
>>
>>39542236
what's your contact info? let's study together
>>
>>39542250
i dont wanna study rn, i wont until my second monitor is fixed ;-;
im up for talking about things web dev related
>>
>>39542139
ok
custom media queries fit for your design
vs
bootstrap
whats more messy?
>>
>>39542375
nothing's more messy, bootstrap's just easier, bootstrap has so far done a good job for me. I'd only ever use custom media queries to complement anything bootstrap couldn't do somehow.

If you start a brand new website, are you telling me you'd go for custom media queries instead of bootstrap right off the bat? If yes I'll tell you that you're insane, you're not efficient.
>>
>>39542375
I'm >>39542446, custom media queries could be messy if they were not well organized, I don't see how bootstrap could be messy though. Specially since you can download the bootstrap and take off any unwanted classes and functions.

>>39542301
OP, start with JavaScript and check out Select2, FullCalendar, JS DataTable and other javascript plugins, you'll have loads of fun with those.
>>
>>39542475
IM NOT OP
STOP GIVING ME FAKE (YOU)s
>>
>>39542492
I don't care OP
>>
>>39541280
I took a class on C++ as a pre req in university and really enjoyed it.

There's something about programming that's like good old fashioned sandbox fun. It's fun to set something up and watch it go, and when you screw up you learn something.
>>
>>39542561
yeah, but it's life sucking working on it 8 hours per day. Imagine spending 8 hours a day typing on a computer with little to no social interaction.
>>
>LAMP
Java/nosql/linux is the way to go lads.
>>
>>39542595
nigga i already do that everyday
>>
>>39542595
>>39542609
Yeah I do that like 14 hours a day. 8 would be an improvement, especially if I was getting paid.
>>
>>39542609
>>39542639
being on 4chan is way different than programming, you actually have social interaction here. You're not reading and writing lines of code.
>>
>>39540032
I'm a turbo-noob web developer. Please keep this thread alive while I'm busy getting food, it might be useful for me.
>>
>>39542446
>nothing's more messy
diagree
>custom media queries could be messy if they were not well organized
no shit if you dont know what you are doing, how is that an argument?

I dont think we are going to agree on this but again its personal preference
bootstrap does save time Ill give you that
>>
>>39542595
>>39542655
It's actually a lot more social of a job that people think. As a backend dev I'm constantly talking to frontend guys, project managers, tech support, even clients. A software project is just like any other - everyone involved needs to be on the same page and that takes a looot of talking and meetings more often than not.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.