[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any robots still interested in success?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

I've been through robotic things in my life (socially disinterested/awkward, maybe autistic, very critical and bored of of social order, odd interests) but I still appreciate a lot of success advice and like pursuing goals, albeit on my own terms rather than having Chad goals. I think my outsider perspective has given me a lot that other people don't have and want to use it to my advantage. If you look closely, you'll see that Chad really isn't interested in self-realization as much as conformity - which is probably dreadful on some level, or maybe Chads don't feel dread with respect to conformity.

I like the keen observations of /r9k/, but when someone shares some sort of advice that helps get them out of depression or whatever, they tend to face a lot of normie accusations and self-pity baaaaw from others.

Anyone else have this perspective? Maybe we can have a success/motivation thread every now and then if we can find each other.
>>
>some sort of advice that helps them get out of depression

Just fix ur brain chemistry brah :^)

No, but honestly the "advice" given to most robots on r9k basically amounts to

>just go outside, there aren't any girls in your basement

as if that is any help to an unattractive autist. Robots are seen as undesirable to most if not all women, even if they are successful in society. I get that moping around feeling sorry cor yourself isn't great either but it is simply a coping mechanism to a situation outside of their control.

The rules are simply different and the playing field is different. If you are a normie such advice might be of help butto the invisibles it is not.
>>
>>39538584

I would agree that the advice sounds pat, but it is also the first step. As far as girls go, no one can give you the complete instruction manual on 4chan. Getting up and going outside will get you making your own observations and figuring out your own problems by asking questions and answering them for yourself like you really want to know the answer. Maybe the answer isn't to try to get exactly what other people have, because you can't get it, but to find something else to get.
>>
>>39538644
>but to find something else to get

Yeah,here's the problem though. What is there to "get"? The lack of social aptitude will bite moat robots in the rear end, and since they are mostly rejected by girls, they never get the experience in talking to women which creates the thought pattern of never wanting to try again. Youneed to know how to play the game and if you lack the controls you just lost the game. Most women aren't very forgiving in that field and people automaticaaly presume you are a creep.

I agree that you won't get a lot of "game" by going on 4chan but most robot won't get it either by trying at all since their ineptitude pertaining to talking to women makes it so that most won't want to try.

With that comes the fact rejection hurts more when all you've been told for the last few years is that you're worthless and that doesn't create confidence which you again need to get w/ a girl.
>>
>>39538435
>Are any robots still interested in success?
Yes, I want to be a wealthy upper middle class professor working at a good university with a wife, but the thought of sharing the same bed with someone for my entire life makes me sick so I have no idea how I can realise it.
>>
>>39538584

Probably the biggest mistake people make in their lives is not falling for the positive thinking meme.

Bad thoughts are the fuel for depression and anxiety that will NEVER EVER go away unless you realize that taking joy from even the most insignificant things is the only way to less misery. Not money nor women will ever free you from the pain.

Wallow in cynicism and counter-memery all you want, but the sooner you realize that what makes you unhappy is in your head, the greater your chances of emerging from the bottomless downward spiral of misery.
>>
>>39538892

>The lack of social aptitude will bite moat robots in the rear end

There's the first smaller problem that comprises the larger one. What is social aptitude? Why does it exist? Why do people expect it of other people? What can I do to fulfill that expectation? You can start defining the problem enough that well-defined solutions start to become more obvious.

>But I get feels that I can't do that.

And those feels are realistic why?

You'll just about always be able to talk yourself out of action - ask yourself why you would.
>>
>>39539141
>just think happy thoughts

Epic advice, my dude. If anything doing that only advances depression since most robots will see they are trying to create a facade for themselves and therefore get even more depressed.

The only way to ease suffering is to recognise it as a byproduct of being a conscious. And even that doesn't guarantee alleviation but positive thinking only works if you have meme depression.

Also the phrase "it's all in your head" is rendered null if you recognise every thing you do is because of processes in your brain.
>>
>>39538435
I despise the self-pitying blame-everything-except-myself mentality that has taken root here. I am shy, obese and literally autistic. I spend most of my time playing video games and masturbating. Even I eventually managed to get a girlfriend, if only for a short while. It wasn't easy. It made me feel uncomfortable in the beginning. It's not something I can just do again on a whim. But I did it anyway.

Unless you have some sort of physical deformity or severe psychological issues there is simply no excuse. Blame your "genetics" or your parents all you want. Convincing yourself there is inherently something wrong with you and there's nothing you can do about it isn't going to help. Acknowledge your flaws, but work to improve them. Work at it. You're not going to get there in a single day, week or even month. It takes time. You need to adapt to social life. I'm not saying you should become like Chad and go clubbing every weekend, just stop sitting alone in your filthy room crying that nobody loves you.

>But Chad doesn't need to "work at it", he can have sex whenever he wants!
Stop caring about what Chad does or doesn't do. You're not Chad. Accept it and move on. I'm not saying you shouldn't change. We all know "just be yourself" is shit advice. That's because the person you are now isn't who you want to be. Get yourself in shape (physically and mentally) and you'll figure it out. You might not be Chad, but you'll stop caring and actually start being who you want to be.
>>
>>39539394

>There's the first smaller problem that comprises the larger one. What is social aptitude? Why does it exist? Why do people expect it of other people? What can I do to fulfill that expectation? You can start defining the problem enough that well-defined solutions start to become more obvious.

You cannot fix your brain chemistry by doing research on social aptitude and the complications it creates.

>But I get feels that I can't do that.
>And those feels are realistic why?

You're telling me that trying to "fix" your social standing by deconstructing the meaning of social aptitude is in any way feasible.

>You'll just about always be able to talk yourself out of action - ask yourself why you would.

The risks involved (rejection and the knowledge that doing nothing at least doesn't give them rhe chance to get even less confident) and the lack of positive reinforcement which creates confidence. What doesn't help is they don't even know how to maintain a non-romantic conversation and girls notice that. Most robots are aware of their shortcomings and therefore can only focus on them and realise they are better off doing nothing.

I'm not saying it is the right mindset to have but it is imaginable why they have this mindset. Most of the time the only person robots get complimented by is their parents and at times it's not even that.
>>
What is success anyways. I just want to be happy, but idk if happy => successful.
>>
Yes. I can and will be successful.

I am making a webtoon, and people will like it. It may get a bratty tumblr kid fanbase, but I'm making it for myself so I don't care who else likes it as long as I do.
>>
>>39539479

That's totally not what he meant.
>>
File: 1500495685378.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500495685378.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>39538435
My dream ever since I was a kid was to not have to work.
Fast forward to now. NEET for a month and my psychiatrist says I shouldn't be working and will set me up for NEETbux. I don't give a fuck about success.
>>
>>39540006

>bad thoughts are the fual for depression and anxiety that will never ever go away unless you realize that taking joy from even the most insignificant things is the only way to less misery

Tell me what he meant, then.
>>
>>39539479

You can't force yourself to think happy and that wasn't my point, but you can learn to appreciate little things.

Just look at every depressed loser's thinking - they grossly inflate the tinniest of failures and downplay any tiny bit of success they have. This leads them quickly to borderline untreatable depression.

You're no enlightened genius if realize that everything around is fucked up, because most of the time it is, but it's up to you if you wanna pick out the good stuff, or focus on the bad that's too easy to absorb.
>>
>>39538435

Tony Robbins too. Uni syllabus b. Gita good also. Those 4 verses really changed my life
>>
i am pursuing "success" because i have no choice. i tried being a NEET for over a year at my mom's place, and i realized that was no way to live. it's a miserable existence to spend your entire days doing nothing but consuming media, maybe practicing some hobbies and then watch your mom come home from work in the evening. it's so shameful. it also isn't sustainable.

i decided i did not want to kill myself, so i said this to myself "either i wanna spend the rest of my life crawling on my knees, or i try to become a normal person". i chose the latter. now i'm better than i've ever been, but i'm not normal yet. people can tell there's something wrong with me and that i'm an anxious and insecure person.
i'm content with the fact that i'm back in university and have a chance to make something of myself. i try to do my best to avoid the call of NEETdom, "nostalgic aesthetics", videogames, tv-shows and other things that don't matter. those are things for the dead. they're like drugs for people who are so socially malfunctioned that they need meaningless media to entertain them through the long, boring hours of their days. it's like being asleep. to be a NEET is to be pathetic.

to me, success is having a job and an apartment of your own and being normal enough to be able to leave the house at anytime without feeling any anxiety to meet other people. that is my goal right now, to become a stable, independent and confident person. that is something i really, really want.
>>
>>39540100

>You can't force yourself to think happy and that wasn't my point, but you can learn to appreciate little things.

That is true but you presented taking joy from small things as the only way to alleviate misery and in the last part of your post you went on a tangent on how the unhappiness is all in your head, which might be technically true but so is the happiness and everything else.

>Just look at every depressed loser's thinking - they grossly inflate the tinniest of failures and downplay any tiny bit of success they have. This leads them quickly to borderline untreatable depression.

How are these failures tiny, exactly? From what perspective are we speaking? I don't think regular non-depressed people would voluntarily inflate their failures. There has to be a reason for it, otherwise people wouldn't want to do that to themselves.

>You're no enlightened genius if realize that everything around is fucked up, because most of the time it is, but it's up to you if you wanna pick out the good stuff, or focus on the bad that's too easy to absorb.

One facade is easier to see though than the other. You wouldn't want people pretending to be depressed so why are you fine with people acting as if insignificant things are somehow worthy of their admiration to fuel some kind of pretend-happiness? Of course there is nothing wrong with being appreciative but most people if you tell them to do this will not for the simple fact it feels fake to them.
>>
Waking life seems to be small moments of joy that you get strung along for in exchange for an experience that mostly consists of unpleasantness. Even if I were successful I'm not sure that life would be worth it. I also think the idea that anyone can be successful is a lie propagated by the few capable of making it so they can feed on the suffering of the many that can't.

I never had the kind of drive to prove myself that even people of average ability seem to have though. Even when I was little I would wonder what everyone was so eager for.
>>
>>39538435
I feel the exact same way OP

I hope i never become as bitter and hopeless as some of the goobers on this board
>>
Yeah I got some good sets going for me. Inherited 50k, had bimax 186cm tall with 18/15 dick.

I just can't fuck my life up with those
>>
>>39538435
I wish I was rich enough to afford drugs
>>
>>39540682

Appreciating the nicer things in life is not the same as using them consciously as a tool for alleviating your depression, that's being insincere and would probably add more to the frustration when things aren't getting better. Unhappiness is indeed only in your head, and you shape it with delusions of universal misery.

You argue that some things are too small, too insignificant to appreciate, then that would imply that there are things that are worthy of appreciation. Who sets the bar for those things? Society, you? The bar you set for success and happiness will never stop rising if you don't put effort into finding happiness now. You can look down on me for my memes, but the truth is that whoever looks for the non-meme, divine way for curing depression end up never finding it.

These memes have proven to be right throughout the ages and generations and if you think you'll figure out a better way by contemplating before you fall asleep, think again.
>>
>>39542429
Based. God bless you anon
>>
>>39539797
Be who you want to be, BARBIE GIRL!~~~~
>>
I need some sort of logical bedrock I can fall back on when I'm feeling down. Currently all I have is nihilism, so if I'm not feeling motivated it's perfectly fine to abandon empathy for myself and others and wallow in self hatred. When I try to improve myself I don't have anything to believe in other than the idea that maybe things will be better somehow. I need some kind of foundation.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.