[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Friends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: happy.png (67KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
67KB, 1280x1280px
As much as I want to believe that online friends have the potential to be as valuable as friends in real life, they just don't match up.

With a real friend, you can be way more open and intimate. You can tell them your darkest secrets and they'll understand, because they've been right there with you.

Today I felt so different and at peace being able to talk to someone on a deep level instead of someone far away behind a screen.
>>
What? I would never tell irl friends my darkest secrets, they know me personally. Online friends mostly don't even know my real name, I don't care if they know I like traps.
>>
File: 1350710412496.jpg (48KB, 348x313px) Image search: [Google]
1350710412496.jpg
48KB, 348x313px
Meatspace is not conducive to getting your social needs met. In real life people are three-dimensional pig disgusting. They have BO, bad breath, they spit when they talk, they're fat, ugly, have stupid tattoos and dress like faggots. Or they're big strong aggressive alpha men I can't even look at without going into flight or fight mode. No wonder most normies need to drink alcohol in order to be around people for so long- and find it fun and relaxing.

>Today I felt so different and at peace being able to talk to someone on a deep level instead of someone far away behind a screen.
On the internet, and furthermore when anonymous- so I'm not judging someone by their username, picture or profile stats, its a level playing field, and people can communicate solely in the present, and respond to each other in an exchange of pure dialogue, not distracted my the physical reality of being a disgusting human animal. Also, in an increasingly litigious global police state, this is the only kind of place we can truly express our real selves and speak the most unpopular of opinions- then claim it was all unserious shitposting if anyone ever finds out.

> you can be way more open and intimate. You can tell them your darkest secrets and they'll understand, because they've been right there with you.
Yeah, it feels uncomfortable being a burden on a friend telling them my worst problems. I wouldn't want my friends telling me how bad their life sucks, like me they should figure it out on their own or see a therapist, I don't like downers and I don't want to be one. You may think it helps, but complaining to your friends about your personal problems is, more often than not, just annoying, and commiserating together just makes you both feel even worse.
>>
I've never had a close irl friend in my life.
I've gotten close to a few people online but I'm too crazy for people to keep around for long.
>>
>>39530652
im glad you found that to be the case anon good for you.for me though desu i am completely unable to have meaningful personal relationships irl outside my family idk why because im honestly not like you ragingly weird i think i am just too shy but yeah like for me online relationships are the only relationships and i think i can get a lot deeper with them
>>
>>39530702
well thats kind of his point though. in a intimate relationship you WOULD care if they thought you liked traps. the confession isnt as meaningful if its to someone you dont care about, you wont truly feel absolved until someone you admire tells you its ok
>>
>>39530652
>I want to believe that online friends have the potential to be as valuable as friends in real life
Why would you ever think this? Online friends are for sharing shitty puns and anime memes, nothing deeper.
>>
File: 1503855614417.jpg (18KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1503855614417.jpg
18KB, 400x399px
online friends are all i have to look forward to at this point
and im afraid you cant take that away from me
>>
>>39530904
But there is always the risk of them not accepting your secret (liking traps was just an example) and spreading it, or stop talking to you.
I feel like when I make an online friend, the first things he learn about me are my dark sides, and if he keep talking to me he'll learn the good things, so I can consider him a trustworthy friend. But when I make an irl friend, I have to keep a good image, and so does he, so there's still the possibility of him being an asshole.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.