[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is having a job as miserable as everyone makes it sound?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: JobSites.Feat_1.jpg (81KB, 1600x827px) Image search: [Google]
JobSites.Feat_1.jpg
81KB, 1600x827px
Is having a job as miserable as everyone makes it sound?
>>
>>39530105
It depends. Retail will take your soul.
>>
it's worse
whining and words
don't approach the degradation of mind
the enslavement of body
the dissolution of soul
>>
>>39530105
Depends on the job. Some work and die a little each time and some sleep on the job cause its that easy
>>
>>39530105
Depends on your personality and the job, they have to mesh. I have had 4 jobs, two of them drove me into deep depression and minor alcoholism, 1 was just horribly boring, and 1 I loved but it paid scraps and then ceased to exist.
>>
>>39530105
>that picture
Little did you know you were in a job all along!
>>
>Having a job
The quality of posts here has gone down drastically.
>>
>>39530136
Isn't it at least easy? I can deal with scumbag customers.
>>
File: 1SmokingManwebres.jpg (1MB, 1361x2042px) Image search: [Google]
1SmokingManwebres.jpg
1MB, 1361x2042px
I can confidently say I really enjoy my job.

Improving and learning every day is satisfying if you look at your work on a longer scale.
If you don't have room to grow and improve in your work, then ask yourself why are you there?
>>
>>39530105
>free time spend tired due to work day
>pretty much no long term breaks like you had in school
>reward is money for things you don't need because the state will pay your food and shelter anyway
I can't see how I wouldn't go insane. NEET for life sounds like the most comfy way to be.
>>
>>39530105
Yes, it takes up the entirety of your day, it causes aches and pains in all manner of places, unless your lucky you will get vary little money that you can actually spend on things you like from it, and the worst part of all is that it NEVER ENDS, five days a week of hell ever week, going on and on and on until you die, it takes away 70% of your life and it will always feel like you get little to nothing in return.
>>
>>39530233
what's your job?

originaloriginaloriginal
>>
>>39530239
also
>having to answer to a boss
this is probably the worst aspect of all
>>
>>39530105
It depends largely on the job but overall the answer is "Yes".
>>
>>39530105
It really depends on whether your coworkers are cool are not. It's anxiety provoking at first but once you get the hang of things it really does give a sense of self worth and accomplishment to work with a team and form meaningful relationships. I really enjoy Nursing Homes because the old folks are hilarious, non judgmental, it's fulfilling work to boot
>>
>>39530222
As a Walmart wagecuck I can say that no its not easy, unless you mean the amount of intelligence required, its brain-dead back-breaking labor that leads nowhere and pays very little, its the type of work that makes you wanna off yourself.
>>
>>39530233

I work as a photographer and have a couple of jobs in pharmacy

Both are very different and I have to be a completely different person for each job. I find it refreshing this way, it keeps my relationship with work more interesting than "wageslave" like some posters on here seem to believe it always is
>>
File: 2StreetFoodCartNightwebres.jpg (1MB, 2042x1262px) Image search: [Google]
2StreetFoodCartNightwebres.jpg
1MB, 2042x1262px
>>39530257
>>39530311
replied to wrong postiolio
>>
>>39530158
What job did you love?
I'm also on job #4. Can't say I love my current job, but it is more tolerable than two of my other jobs.
>>
Yes, but personally having been on welfare before I find the satisfaction of a job well done is worth the misery really.
I feel like I truly earned that paycheck and working towards anything is good for my mental health. Miserable, but less so than just feeling like I don't exist at all.
>>
>>39530286
>ever not being extremely uncomfortable around anyone that you didn't grow up in the same house with
OUT
>>
Depends on the job/people. I work in a warehouse which isn't bad, but the people can be pretty fucking obnoxious so it's not really worth it.
>>
Pretty much, no one likes their job or they would do it for fun an home as 'hobby. I followed the money and went into nursing. 12 hour shifts easily turn into 14 hours, and you still have the 30 minutes drive back home after. When they don't force you to take over time it's nice having 4 days off each week. Wagies think work is more bearable if you lie and pretend to enjoy it. Being honest with yourself makes things a lot easier. Do what you mint to get the lifestyle you want and quit working as soon as possible. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>39530105

I do IT Desktop Support, it's basically the IT bitch. A tech janitor of sorts, a tier above call center, but still I'm not very good with communication. As a result my boss only gave me a 1% raise. I thought I was doing better, but actually I have not improved at all. I wish I was dead some days tbqh.
>>
File: y.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
jobs that I want to do and would give me personal satisfaction:
>years of training
>require me not to be a brainlet
>highly competitive
>low paid

jobs that I can get:
>stuck in some shithole dealing with normalfags for most of my day
>very limited amount of things I can do during down time i.e. no time to pursue personal interests
>expect me to work extra hours for shit I don't care about
>makes me want to kill myself because I have nothing to live for
>better pay
>>
>>39530105
Depends on your job.

But in general, don't listen to /r9k/ about anything.
>>
>>39530349
I was a video game tester for one of the big three vidya companies. I moderated online games and ran test cases any time there were updates or server resets. I was working in a big bay with about 15 other people who ended up becoming great friends, at work we had retro game tournaments, went out to lunch together, all of us getting paid peanuts but we were early 20s and just enjoying our first steps into the adult world. That department ceased to exist many years ago, but I'll always fondly remember it.
>>
>>39530176
hes not looking for a job, hes trying to escape it
>>
>>39530105
I found part time work as a cart pusher. It's only as comfy as the weather, so if it's cool or mild it's quite pleasant but if it's hot or rainy then it's hellish.
>>
>>39530105

All paid work absorbs and degrades the mind.
It is made worse that your social capital is tied to the work you do and people judge you by your job. A job doesn't just take over your life but becomes your life, it becomes you and people judge the content of your character by the job you do.
>>
Probably in America where you're literal rightless slave to your boss.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.