[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people prefer material possessions over being comfy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: huracan-coupe-facebook-og.jpg (79KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
huracan-coupe-facebook-og.jpg
79KB, 1200x630px
Why do people prefer material possessions over being comfy?
>>
>>39529353

Have you ever noticed how some people really care about appearing to be affluent?

It's all about their image. Their priorities are fucked up. A better lifestyle would forgo this and focus on having what is necessary.
>>
Want to hear my car rev? its not that great 1994 porche
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0G07xi2gJsz
>>
>>39529593
You just convinced me to get a sportscar. Fuck comfiness.
>>
>>39529493
>>39529353
yeah this guy I used to be m8s with until he fucked off for some reason just got a brand new mercedes, before moving out of his parents house.

I don't mean to judge the man he can do whatever he wants with his own earned money of course but I know that his dad would not or could not help him finance that car so it is not a purchase but it is a lease no doubt with a less than favorable rate on the loan due to my friend's shear lack of credit and no other equity, not to mention insurace.. so on so forth

tl;dr an old buddy of mine has leased a mercedes I am sure is out of his comfortable living salary but it looks cool on instagram
>>
File: FREEDOM.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
FREEDOM.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
>>39529493
It's generally what normies prioritize over anything else. Not only financially, their hobbies, interests and preferences are all to make them more likeable. For them, being liked is the only thing that matters, the rest comes after that.
Truly, the only free life is one where the chains of social image hold you no longer. Be free, unchain yourselves, fellow robots.
>>
>>39529353
A fancy car driven by someone who still has to work is like a fancy golden chariot carrying a slave to the cotton fields. Pathetic.

Every penny should be used to purchase assets until you can buy your economic freedom and never have to work for money again.
>>
>>39530247
I like your analogy anon. What is your comfiest possession?
>>
File: 171733.jpg (80KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
171733.jpg
80KB, 500x650px
>>39530201
Humans can't do anything without regret. Living on your own accords merits regret just as living for others admiration and approval.
>>
>>39530288
My guitar, it's never a never-ending challenge filled with pleasure and pain.
>>
>>39529353
>cars can't be comfy
>>
>>39529353
Have you considered that what you may consider comfy may not be comfy to another? That perhaps material possession is comfy to them?

I certainly abstain from over-indulgence in the physical regards of wealth, but I don't shun those that can reasonably afford it (meaning they aren't just maxing credit cards), so long as they're not destroying the environment. Fuck yacht owners.
>>
>>39530706
What's wrong with yachts?
>>
>>39529353
I guess they just want to pretend that they're better than other people. If I ever managed to make a million dollars the first thing I'd do is stop working.
>>
File: supra.jpg (233KB, 1280x761px) Image search: [Google]
supra.jpg
233KB, 1280x761px
>>39530655

Here, let me help with that. Look how comfy this Supra is, just nestling the driver in a cozy cockpit.
>>
File: 1503092428108.png (976KB, 848x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503092428108.png
976KB, 848x1080px
>>39529353
Imagine being comfy with no material possessions.
>no furniture
>no bed
>no heating/cooling
>no shelter
>no light
>no computer no 4chan
most people don't live with any of that and I couldn't be comfy in their shoes neck yourself you teenage pseud.
>b-b-bu-bu having some material possessions is okay i mean just uhhh...
FUCK OFF COLLEGE STUDENTS
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.