[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

chess

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: chess.png (42KB, 554x568px) Image search: [Google]
chess.png
42KB, 554x568px
where's my chess pals?

i still suck.
i play stockfish lvl 3 and either 2 things always happen
A)stockfish's queen comes out the 3rd move and i get wrecked
B)stockfish wastes a bunch of time dicking around and i manage to make it to the middlegame without blundering, then i resign when i run out of ideas

pic related is the position i resigned in playing as black, computer says it is -2.2
what should i be doing here?
>>
Hard to say not playing, wanna play with me?
>>
>>39523783
this is such a boring position i think i would've traded knights on e3 just to shake things up.
but i'm a mediocre player at best.
>>
>>39523783
stop resigning just because you don't have ideas. the only time you should resign is if the position is completely lost, although if you have a problem with resigning early maybe just practice by never resigning
>>
>>39523783
is there anything wrong with playing f6 and opening up the king side?
>>
>>39523979

My original idea was to attack F2 which is why my knight up there on g4.
I was going to mobilize my queen but then I realize I didn't have enough firepower to attack F2 successfully.

But maybe there's some other way to do it?
The problem I think with F6 is that it shuts in the queen.
>>
>>39523783
don't put your horse on the edge
>>
File: schach3415.png (33KB, 552x559px) Image search: [Google]
schach3415.png
33KB, 552x559px
What do la?

inb4 your comment is not original heil /r9k/ mods *bellamy salutes*
>>
>>39523783
bishop to d7 looks interesting to me instead of the move you played. if white takes with queen he gets forked and if he tries to reclaim knight he gets fucked, so black is winning. so has to take with knight or king. if knight takes back you still have threats and after the exchanges pretty sure black is winning. it looks like a good position for black to me senpai seriously dont resign
>>
>>39524051

He ended up there on the edge because earlier stockfish was trying some funny business with its queen on B3 and that square was the only way I could attack it.
But I guess maybe that's what it wanted me to do.
>>
>>39524045
Sorry I meant to type f5
>>
>>39524082
id push the c pawn
>>
>>39523783
1400 elo on lichess here, so average player i guess.

its a boring position, id move the queen to d7 just to connect the rooks. And then f5. Or f5 before moving the queen
>>39524082
i dont like how the knight only has 1 square to go to, so id consider moving it. Or pushing c pawn or getting rooks involved
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.