[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 1880s were better than the 1980s

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: mens_frock_overcoat.jpg (114KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
mens_frock_overcoat.jpg
114KB, 500x700px
The 1880s were a time of class when everyone dressed well and when ladies loved gentlesirs unlike now. It was a time you could have opportunities to go all around the world digging for gold. And you could buy as much cocaine and morphine at the store as you wanted. It was a time people easily got rich and climbed up to the top of the American dream. I wish I was born in 1867.
>>
>>39520033
>It was a time you could have opportunities to go all around the world digging for gold
Yeah, and 99% of people who left for gold territory were dirt poor, remained dirt door, and, if they ever were able to go back home, died dirt poor. Classy as fuck
>>
File: OP_is_a_faggot.jpg (19KB, 240x224px) Image search: [Google]
OP_is_a_faggot.jpg
19KB, 240x224px
>>39520033
>any decade being better than the 1980s

Good one OP
>>
>>39520075
More people than that found gold. There were no taxes either so you'd keep more of your money and land was cheap. In the 1840s and 1850s land was even cheaper because you could settle the frontier for free. In the 1880s you could go dueling with people.

Now people dress swag and aren't classy or formal. Back then you could go around dressed in your top hat, have the cane with the sword inside to fight, have coat tails and gloves. You could tip your top hat to the ladies and they would like it. Now women would cringe at this and not appreciate a gentlesir.
>>
>>39520164
There was also a disturbing lack of good music. Music only really started to become great in the 1970s, and started to suck in the 1990s.
>>
>Being an Upper Middle class (as I am) bong in the 1880s would have been great

>Join the East India co

>Spend 6 years getting Minted off diamonds, Spices, Natural resources etc,

>Own a plot of land there which I can do whatever I like with

>fuck a load of Indian was

>Go home to England and Buy a whole county

>die fulfilled
>>
>>39520033
you do realise that you had to be chad to even be accepted. If not you were just seen as a wanna be gentleman
>>
>>39520242
Tfw Chad

Feels good man
>>
>>39520199
>he doesn't listen to classical music
There were plenty of great composers before the '70s. People used to get really excited and riled up about classical music until the 20th century. Here's a classic tone poem I'm sure you've heard at least part of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFPwm0e_K98
>>
>>39520033
this is real red pill. the 1880s the peak of enlightment ethos + industrial revolution, and before all the shity gilded age cunt work happened. Electricity was common in city squares, but life was still simple for 99% of people. 1880s had the absolute best fashion, and intellectual music was at an all time high. Colonialism was rampant, and everyone had an opportunity to travel the world, or settle free lands. Nietzsche was writing his greatest works, and society was still conservative. Bismarck was ruling Europe, and it was the least violent decade in terms of warfare in the history of man.
>>
>>39520199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T9VvaKNW28

4:23 onwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tGVyCSD6gM

1880s music was better than now
>>
>>39520242
Women were different back then. They'd appreciate you tipping your hat and kissing their hand and wooing them like a gentlesir. Now they would call you a creep. You didn't have to be Chad back then.
>>
>>39520340
Any music is better than the garbage music that is popular nowadays.
>>
Make culture great again
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.