[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do men expect women to take their last name when they get married?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: F11xjzH.jpg (21KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
F11xjzH.jpg
21KB, 640x443px
Why do men expect women to take their last name when they get married?
>>
we dont since we dont care about marriage anymore
>>
>>39519300
I won't get married so I don't care.
>>
>>39519300
Because the man is inviting the woman to join his family. Her just wanting to throw that back in his face is insulting and shows she has no interest in an actual marriage.

What last name would you give to the children? Hyphenated names are ridiculous.
>>
they should combine their last names into a new last name for both of them

so if say, Gunner Hutchins and Wanda Fulton marry, they would become Gunner Fuchtons and Wanda Fuchtons

this is the superior option
>>
>tfw father was an absent shit stain addict
can't wait to get rid of this last name desu.
>>
if I was a woman I wouldn't want to change my last name for some dude desu
>>
Because a wife is her husbands property. If this isn't the case then it isn't a real marriage. A man given up his house for a woman is dishonorable.
>>
>>39519300
Unless we want to hyphenate our names until they are novels, someone has to take the other's last name, or leave the names separate. If they are left separate it is a blow against family unity. The girl generally takes the man's last name because tradition but it is not necessary. Technically the one of lower status should take the name of the higher status family they are marrying into.

Anyways I'm not getting married and don't care about names.
>>
Roasties are so stupid. It isn't her last name, it's the name of her father, going back who knows how many generations, so the big bad patriarchy has an influence anyway. The point of marriage is to form a new family unit, and by doing that the woman absolves her father's name and takes her husband's.
>>
>>39519300

I'm not ever gonna get married, but I'd go with the wife's last name because there are enough spics with the same five last names running around.
>>
In hispanic countries we use both names, and wives never take the husband's name.
If your padre is Juanito Gonzalez, and your madre is Juanita Gutierrez, you'll be Anon Gonzalez Gutierrez.
Though everyone will just call you Anon Gonzalez
>>
>>39519469
T. Nip
>>
>>39519808
Do the children get the last name Gonzalez Gutierrez? And then when they get married to Anon Hernandez, they become Anon Gonzalez Gutierrez Hernandez?

No wonder hispanic countries never amounted to anything. Too much time wasted writing absurd names.
>>
>>39519880
No, the children only get your paternal last name.
Your son would be Anon Gonzalez Hernandez, not Anon Gonzalez Gutierrez Hernandez.
In my opinion it's a much better system than the western one, it keeps a patriarchal undertone, but it's also a bit more....democratic.
>>
>>39519300
its tradition. if a woman didn't want my last name i wouldn't want that woman anymore.
>>
>>39519444
Or they could just go Gunner Fulton Hutchins/ Wanda Fulton Hutches. No one uses their middle names so might as well give it a use,
>>
>>39520036
>Spain
>Not western
>>
You don't have to but our kids will
>She says no
Eat dicks
>>
>>39519451
that's the thing, he's not some dude. he's your husband.
>>
A woman who refuses to change her last name values her own sense of individuality over the family, which can only come at detriment to the family.
>>
File: 1504548539053.jpg (123KB, 751x751px) Image search: [Google]
1504548539053.jpg
123KB, 751x751px
>>39519300
Because he asked her, she didnt ask him. So he gets to keep his name and she has to take it.
>>
>>39519300
>women are obsessed with traditional weddings
>don't want to do one of the most important traditions

fucking cunts, all of them
>>
>>39520620
Spain is just a little part of the hispanic community, which, as I've heard from the gringos, is generally not considered western.
In fact, spaniards tend to be considered non-white in USA.
Stop being so fussy.
>>
This has nothing to do with /r9k/. No one here is getting married
>>
File: 1504314324661.jpg (119KB, 790x745px) Image search: [Google]
1504314324661.jpg
119KB, 790x745px
>>39519300
it's literally about joining another family, and bonding kinship between clans. Not everything is some stupid patriarchal trick. Until like 3 generations ago, women couldn't really do labor effectively due to a lack of automation and machines, so their best function was having babies, supporting the moral development of the next generation, and uniting families in harmony. It was a sign of good faith between families to give your daughter to another. Typically, the father of the daughter would also give a dowry as a sign of faith as well. (usually 6-12 months of income saved up to go to the groom so they can buy an estate.)
>>
It's tradition. Like all traditions, it should periodically be examined as to whether people should keep doing it or not.
>>
>>39521014
of course family means jack shit in today's environment, because of the cult of the individual, so they can't see anything beyond their own two eyes, as to why people do certain things.
>>
>>39520665
and? get over yourself virgin! eww!
>>
>>39519444
autism is strong in this one
>>
>>39519300
>>39519428

It's so we identify who's children belong to who. It's something reasonable and rational that women have a problem with because they're incapable of reason or being rational.

This is also for estate and inheritance purposes.

>>39519444

That makes estate and inheritance difficult too.
>>
>>39520773
Spanitards in full force
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.