[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I shook the manager's hand and got a job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: Whydon'tyou....jpg (22KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
Whydon'tyou....jpg
22KB, 612x408px
I did it Robots. I got a job.

Part time, Facility janitorial staff. I'm so fucking happy I hardly know how to make a joke about this. To imagine that only a few weeks prior I was just another NEET complaining about the state of the job market and how difficult it is to land a decent position.

I suppose what I'm trying to make it out is; if some faggot like me can pass an interview, I'm wondering why NEETS exist to begin with.
>>
>unironically happy about being a janitor
Doing literally nothing would be better
>>
File: 1503111088360.jpg (83KB, 408x612px) Image search: [Google]
1503111088360.jpg
83KB, 408x612px
>>39516842
>"Congratulations on the new job, champ. You won't believe how over the moon me and your mother are about this. As a matter of fact, I thought about treating us to a nice dinner at our usual spot tonight. Your mother and I are pretty proud about this occasion after all. I'm glad you finally found out the power of a firm handshake."
>>
Congrats m8. Soon the other NEETs will be thanking you for contributing to their NEETbux.
>>
>>39516935
I'm just doing my part to support the loop.
>>
>>39516842
>janitorial staff

I'm so sorry OP
>>
>>39516881
dont be rude, op is going through a lot rn. Im happy for you op
>>
>>39516881
>Doing literally nothing would be better

I don't know why people bitch about Janitors? At my College, they're all union and make $21 an hour not including benefits. Fuckers don't even have do certain things like wash the board which the Professors always complain about.
>>
>>39516956
Thanks anon. It was due to the constant threaten-ah... SUPPORT of my mother that I have to thank.
>>
>>39516842
Good luck being a wagie
And future thanks for the NEETbux
>>
anyone else read the capitalized 'Robots' as 'Roberts'?
>>
File: 1504066066693.jpg (84KB, 479x377px) Image search: [Google]
1504066066693.jpg
84KB, 479x377px
how did you do it anon? i have been NEET for 4 months now and have had a total of one interview in that time. im fucked, you got any advice?
>>
Fellow Janitor here,

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter OP
>>
>tfw going to go and enroll in college this week
>tfw this post motivated me to stop being a loser neet
>>
File: shaq.png (149KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
shaq.png
149KB, 500x301px
>>39516842
im sorry op but being a janitor isnt really something to put on your resume
>>
File: apple.png (997KB, 1000x1047px) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
997KB, 1000x1047px
>>39516990
Entitled millenials, mainly. How it works is, they consider janitors and waitresses and the like subservient. Which I mean, they are. You serve others. Not really a job in the world where you don't but whatever,

The problem is moreso they tie their self worth to their occupation. There is no sense of self aside from their job. If they do a loserly job, they are losers in their mind. It really makes them bitter inside. I can do any job I want because I'm not my job, it's just something I do to pay for the things I need.

Unfortunately for them, it's a unhealthy mindset and causes great discord inside and outside. They seek out little ways to keep their sanity. Like a whore who won't kiss as though it's something special she's saving, or all the various complaints you see from menial laborers. A theatre worker doesn't get mad because he has to clean up popcorn that was spilled, he gets mad because he perceives that by cleaning up other people's popcorn, he's inferior to the popcorn placer.

That's why you'll constantly see them try to push this idea that you're a good person to do their job for them. It's how they save themselves. They aren't inferior, the world is just full of popcorn spilling assholes and they shouldn't be doing that.
>>
>>39516842
I have a piece on what your handshake says about trying copy to add here. Still hustling looking for that dream job
>>
>>39517080
I applied to at least five places a day; to do that I browsed various job opening sites, then called the places to see if it was an online app. or an irl app.,from there I would fill out the application based on a template I created for myself and either send it along with an email/cover letter asking about logistics, or print it along with a cover letter and resume and drive it over to wherever I was applying to.

I spent most of my NEETBUX on gas, and spent at most 5 hours a day on the road and in stores. I got word of open interviews and applications around town from my trips and kept a list of places I had applied to and was either accepted or rejected from. Then I would pester them with phonecalls at least a week or so after applying to ask about their hiring manager.

93% of the time I was turned down or they weren't hiring, so it's mostly timing and luck.
>>
>>39517179

what kind of drugs are you on? Being a janitor sucks ass. And, everyone will treat you like a dick while you are doing it.

The best you can hope for is that you dont have to clean when other people are around.

I usually balk at having to do cleaning work when randoms and normies are around,

pushing a broom is one thing hearing OHHH look at the man pushing the broom ohh ohh ohh

is a bit much
>>
File: 1504420968123.png (447KB, 930x718px) Image search: [Google]
1504420968123.png
447KB, 930x718px
>>39517179

Woke ass nigga.

To be honest, being in these jobs wouldn't suck so much if we didn't have to deal with entitled boomers and soccer moms.
>>
File: glassess.png (1MB, 1436x1074px) Image search: [Google]
glassess.png
1MB, 1436x1074px
>>39517272
You let people treat you like a dick? Well anyway, it doesn't matter. This is exactly what I am talking about. The perception problem, you have found another way around it. You can clean somewhere, so long as no one sees you. That's your caveat. You can preserve your sense of self-worth as long as it's a secret that you're just a lowly janitor.

>>39517338
I don't know man, half the time I wouldn't even bother engaging with those people. I remember one time I was cleaning and the bartender was having problems with some stragglers you know the type. I didn't give a fuck, not my job, but eventually he tossed them out and then I remembered I hadn't brought the sign in yet. So I went out to get it. They told me I should be ashamed of myself, and I almost got into it with them.

>Do you know who I am, why are you saying that to me?
>No, who are you?
>Never mind, it doesn't matter either way.

I only asked in the first place because it struck my as odd some strangers were telling me to be ashamed, I wasn't mad or anything, and I dropped the conversation pretty quick once I realized how pointless it was.
>>
>>39517539
>You let people treat you like a dick?

It's work dumb ass you cant mouth off and tell people to shut up or you re getting fired the next day

serious question, have you ever held a job? if so doing what
>>
>>39517730
loads of jobs

military, janitor, truck driver, farmhand, cashier, gas jockey

Never ran into a problem telling people when they were being idiots either. Half of it is just making sure they don't even consider fucking with you in the first place, via your appearance.

I dress like a cleancut person now, since I don't work as a janitor anymore, as opposed to grungy hobo. Problem is, you do have to watch it, because it's kind of like a repel in pokemon. You'll scare off weaklings who weren't going to be a challenge for you anyway, but if someone does decide to get in your face, you have to take them seriously now.
>>
>>39517815

yea well, you sound like you're full of shit.

if i mouth off at a job, i am fired within a day,

and yet you are telling people off, so i think you re probably full of shit.

>>39517815
>I dress like a cleancut person now, since I don't work as a janitor anymore, as opposed to grungy hobo.

i never said what i dress like at my janitor job, so you're makign weird assumptions,

i think you probably never worked a day in your life
>>
File: Furbicide.jpg (6KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
Furbicide.jpg
6KB, 250x206px
This is the first time I've had a successful thread that wasn't a joke. I'm flattered by this argument.
>>
>>39517919
When I have to. Like I said, it's easier to just keep people from wasting your time in the first place.

Why don't you give an example of an instance in which you would "mouth someone off" as you say. Or where you want to, but don't.

And if you want you can tell me what you dress like. Was it offputting enough that when you weren't at work, you were considered homeless? That was my standard. Those people who hand out free food out on the street in the care packages would always give me some and I would insist they didn't but they wouldn't hear it.

Because everyone insists they don't need it, it just so happened I was actually not homeless. Kind of like an innocent person in jail. everyone is innocent.
>>
>>39517237

All that to be a Janitor.

Fuck this world.

Gas every boomer now.
>>
File: 1503855867045.gif (1018KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1503855867045.gif
1018KB, 499x374px
>>39517237
so pretty much what i have been doing, guess ill just have to hope i get that 7%. happy for you anon, hope this turns into a year of good things for.you.
>>
Being a janitor is comfy as fuck. I don't give a fuck about cleaning toilets or catch mad banter. Life is empty as fuck, no reason to continue living if you're to much of a pussy to earn some more money to burn. Go to movies more, but more fleshlights, fuck more hookers and have atleast some light at the end of the tunnel you call life. Instead of being in constant conflict with your pathetic parents who never raised you right.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.