[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I in the wrong here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>Go to veterans Office in uni with Navy friend so he can sort out his transition from Navy to school
>See qt veteran girl and sit next to her
>Mathematics major with a 4.0 average despite full time school and work
>We strike up a conversation about different jobs in the military and how some people don't see combat :^)
>Tell her my friend who's sorting his stuff out just worked an office job all day and that the most combat he saw was "getting scared but old shot up SEALs war stories of how they killed people"
>"OH wow that sounds horrible" she says in a cheerfully submissive tone
>proceeds to brush me off and ignore me to do homework quite bluntly
>temperature of the room changes and people there think I'm a dick

IT'S TRUE THOUGH. Dude like, the whole 'solemn warrior' thing is a fucking meme, a lot of these dudes are just callous meatheads who will talk about punching someone's card while eating a sandwich. It's not like I lied.
>>
>>39514075
Don't trash talk the military to the military. Even if that is your real feelings it definitely made you sound like a dick.
>>
people who go into military are indoctrinated to some degree that any criticism makes them circle the wagons

more people should criticize them to be honest. they do a lot of wrong to the world
>>
>>39514118
But I wasn't trash talking them or him. I was just poking fun at a silly reality. You sure her skin wasn't too thin?

Like, my friends boss literally made jokes about dead kids he saw laying around baking in the road.
>>
Violence is a taboo subject in the military.
>>
>>39514143
People killing other people is not a "silly reality". If it was you listening to those stories, or you participating in those stories, you'd have some leeway to say what you want.
>>
>>39514174
The silly reality being that they went out of their way to freak out some 20 year old kid. Like shit, it was their choice to fuck with him, it's not like they didn't do it.
>>
>>39514118

This is the correct answer, sometimes you just got to bite your fucking tongue man
>>
>>39514192
You really have no idea. I don't think they're blaming you or anything, they just know that the dark humor they're able to share with other servicemembers is lost on most civilians and that tends to shut them up until they're around like-minded people. There's shit we'll only talk about around each other, and there's the censored version that civilians get. It's really nothing against you. Think about how black people talk amongst each other vs when a white guy enters the room.
>>
what a shit fucking thread m8
>>
>>39514075
>being a civilian and telling people who have been in the military about life in the military

Found your mistake, OP.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.