[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Androids, Monstergirls, and VR

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: android.jpg (430KB, 1440x2000px) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
430KB, 1440x2000px
So, one of these things is going to be real soon, right? Android waifus, genetically modified monstergirls, or Matrix level VR, surely one of these things will come about within a decade or two, right?
>>
>>39500224
>title
Likely, ridiculous, near certainty (not matrix per say but sensory input would make it seem completely real).
>>
File: 1503660076108.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1503660076108.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>that image
why live.
>>
File: armitage.jpg (42KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
armitage.jpg
42KB, 576x432px
>>39500362
>Likely, ridiculous, near certainty
But how soon? It does me no good if I'm dead by the time they arrive.
>>
>>39500436
Id say 2 decades for high quality and economically accessible for autists like us (probably not cheap, akin to buying a cheap car).
>>
>>39500224
>Androids
We have yet to create n AI intelligent enough to imitate the intelligence of humans and we probably never will

>monstergirls
people freaked out about cloning a sheep, you think they would allow you have experiments on a human let alone a female???
>VR
VR already exists. It just sucks.
>>
File: catgirl.png (217KB, 1075x554px) Image search: [Google]
catgirl.png
217KB, 1075x554px
>>39500687
Okay, come on now, we've made a shit-ton of progress in this area in the last 10 years alone, It's not unreasonable to suggest that given 2 or 3 decades we'll finally have have our waifus.
>>
>>39500687
>Androids
Id like a normie to give details on a conversation they had with their girlfriend that couldn't be simulated by a computer, a little challenge.
I don't think men would care honestly. Good portion would use them uniquely as fucktoys (and have a circle of friends for companionship) and it probably wouldn't be difficult to simulate affection and care for the men who actually care about that stuff, far better than current women would provide. Fundamentally they'd essentially be autistic, but do you think those men would care?

>monstergirls
This one is fucking filled with real ethical issues, let alone the plethora of fake ones most people would have with it, the legal issues, or just the biological issues. Also just plain degenerate.

>VR
Yeah well video games used to be two lines and a pixel moving around.
>>
File: k9.jpg (100KB, 850x1168px) Image search: [Google]
k9.jpg
100KB, 850x1168px
>>39501056
>or just the biological issues
We could just make the androids monstergirls, although they wouldn't be considered "genetically modified" in that case.
>>
>>39501123
Well yeah or using VR, but that defeats the point of mentioning it specifically.
>>
>>39501056
How long uave been researching Artificial Intelligence now?
Simce the 50s and not much progress has been made.
Literally all someone has to do is design some AI with basic animal level intelligence like a dog for example and it would be a massive breakthrough. The best we have is some computer thats basically a walking encyclopedia that can beat people in jeopardy.
It can't actually grasp any of the subjects it parrots like something with genuine intelligence can
>>
>>39501056
The AI isn't really an issue, what concerns me about Androids is the actual robotics involved, doesn't really seem feasible in the near future
>>
>>39500224
>Genetically modified monster girls
Wouldnt that be ilegal, or become ilegal really really fast after the discovery? Even if the notion was doable, it would be like slave trading or something along those lines, the only way it would be possible was if a woman made the modification out of her own volition to sate their bf/husbandsexual urges, even then I think it would come with social ostracizing. "Ewww, your husband likes spidergirls?"
For this and many more reasons, the idea of real monster people seems impossible for me.
>>
>>39501244
The robotics in terms of moving pieces is actually the easy part.
>>
>>39501283
Robotics complex enough to accurately replicate human movement without it being obviously fake or just being in the uncanny valley is already feasible? While I do doubt the validity of that claim, assuming it is true, then why the fuck don't we already have android waifus??? We already have the AI, even if its very basic, and if the robotics are there too then why aren't my waifus real yet
>>
>>39501326
The current AI is no where near ready for a consumer demographic. Its too uncanny valley for most people to handle.
>>
>>39501241
>How long uave been researching Artificial Intelligence now?
Oh not very long I don't have a understanding as thorough as you, clearly:
>Simce the 50s and not much progress has been made.
Computers were invented a few years before the 50s. Since then their computing power has increased exponentially. There has been a ton of progress.

>Literally all someone has to do is design some AI with basic animal level intelligence like a dog for example and it would be a massive breakthrough
It wont take very long, mark my words.
>It can't actually grasp any of the subjects it parrots like something with genuine intelligence can
Not for now but they will eventually. We have a perfectly good proof of it being possible, the brains designing it in the first place.
And besides you completely ignored my point and instead just posted what you must think is something akin to a university thesis. The men wont fucking care, it basically just has to be a bit more consistent and intelligent than cleverbot.
>>
>>39501244
Me too, but I still think it should be possible in a few decades. But you're right biggest problem is essentially shitty motor functions.
>>
>>39500366
To protect all the robots and keep fiction from becoming reality.
>>
>>39501451
Alright lets say men would not care if their Android did not come with a particularly sophisticated AI installed. Currently where AI stands it may be enough to satisfy some men but those looking for a more will be out of luck. That means it wont have any opinions of its own, it will just spout pre-programmed platitudes that developers assume would please the buyer...
Personally I could see a very simple dog level AI being sufficient since a dog brain runs an animal that is very loyal, intelligent enough to be taught certain skills and habits, and willing to make sacrifices out of its own self interest for the sake of others
>>
>>39501263
It would be illegal to force it on an already living person, but not to grow one. The biggest problem then is acceptance as being allowed rights and being deserving of a chance to live instead of being immediately aborted or murdered out of fear for the ones who are created.
>>
File: 1504100591287.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504100591287.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>39501326
The uncanny valley is the problem. we need to let robots look like robots instead of trying so hard to make them indistinguishable from human faces. Take this doll and let it move, and that's a million times better than current sex dolls. Even without a working mouth.
>>
>>39501567
>That means it wont have any opinions of its own, it will just spout pre-programmed platitudes
Boy doesn't that sound like your average roastie? Yes, yes it does.
>>
>>39501396
Bullshit
It's not fucking hard at all to create a routine of "Undress" "Oral" "Cowgirl" and shit like that.
Simply make a robot that can take and understand demands like Siri. It doesn't need to to pretend it has opinions on its actions, it's a machine, just like Siri.
>>
>>39501620
As terrible as real women are, they have the potential to show genuine affection which men desire and that doesn't feel the same as a doll mechanically saying 'i love you' because thats what it was programmed to say.
>>
>>39501684
Turning a machine into another sapient being is the goal though and requires more work than Siri, Alexa, and Cortana.
>>
>>39501684
>It's not fucking hard at all to create a routine of "Undress" "Oral" "Cowgirl" and shit like that.
Yes, actually it is.
I used to think like you did until I was given an assignment to make a flowchart for directions on making a sandwich for a machine back during freshman year.
>>
>>39501606
thsi
We need people to develop designs that are distinctly different from real humans but still appealing, like simple Disney animation
>>
>>39500224
>genetically engineered monstergirls
F U C K I N G
P L E A S E
>>
>>39501705
Very few do nowadays, can always say to just look for a better women but no matter how you try to slice it most men will be left alone or with a cunt.
>>
>>39501739
Then you're just a brainlet. Someone already made these in 3DCG.
>>
File: 1498782510179.png (105KB, 400x400px)
1498782510179.png
105KB, 400x400px
>>39501872
You have no idea what im even talking about do you?
Besides never said flowcharts for machine learning was hard, just not as simle as you are postulating. you sound like you have a superficial understanding of the subject to begin with, in yet you are smugly throwing around infantile insults like" brainlet"?
How cute
>>
File: 1496342677394.jpg (210KB, 642x591px) Image search: [Google]
1496342677394.jpg
210KB, 642x591px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

So its gonna be something like this?
>>
File: yun_smug1.jpg (59KB, 265x245px) Image search: [Google]
yun_smug1.jpg
59KB, 265x245px
>>39501962
Then what exactly were you smugly trying to say brainlet?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 235x299px)
giphy.gif
1MB, 235x299px
Almost everybody in this thread is lacking in even a basal understanding in robotics, let alone the AI portion of such a feat. Trillions have already been ploughed into teaching robots how to accomplish basic motions such as walking and combing stairs, and you what we have for all that money and hard work? Picture related. That the current tech is even capable of moving whilst in an upright position is incredible, but still they're fucking TERRIBLE at it. They fall over regularly, bang into shit, knock shit over, and that's because bipedal motion is requires an incomprehensible level of intricacy and coordination. There is reason why there are so few bipedal mammals, and even creatures such as kangaroos physically rely on their tails for balance and propulsion. Not to mention those big packs on their backs and all the wires letting to them. You ever stopped to consider what those are? They're shitting BATTERIES, and those are JUST for walking.

You guys are completely deluding yourselves if you genuinely believe that convincing humanoid AI robotics are anywhere within your reach. At the current rate the tech is developing, in order to solve the energy problem they're probably going to have to look at developing organic technology with some form of artificial mitochondrial battery system. This shit isn't just decades away, it's hundreds of years, potentially even a thousand.
>>
>>39502129
As cool as gatebox is as a hologram assistant integrated with common household electronics, it's not much better than siri at the moment. At least it will sit with you and watch a movie though.
>>
>>39502129
No thats jist an overpriced Alexa dressed as an anime girl to take advantage of desperate otaku
>>
>>39502185
There are several posts in this thread basically separating fiction from reality with a relatively basic understanding of robotics. sit down
>>
File: brazil.png (763KB, 1200x1771px) Image search: [Google]
brazil.png
763KB, 1200x1771px
>>39502129
No, it will be like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn_bLGhZCaY
>>
>>39502253
Yeah, like two.
These guys don't get it at all:

>>39500489
>>39500900
>>39501451
>>39501606
>>39501684
>>39501872
>it wont take very long, mark my words
I feel bad for this guy. He's gonna be 90 one day slumped decrepit in his wheelchair at the residential home rasping "not long now!", meanwhile at the annual HyundaixNissan tech show 2087 they'll be unveiling a robot hand that can peel a banana.
>>
>>39502422
Excuse me, one of those posts is mine.
I was talking purely the uncanny valley problem.
>>
>>39502422
I already acknowledged that motor functions are shit. At this point decades or centuries are just a matter of opinion until some actual data is provided by anyone, and you have nothing more to back it up then "it feelz wrong/like to soon", which is basically the most anyone can say right now, the only problem is I know you genuinely think you provided a research paper.
>this guy
Only 2 of those posts are mine
>>
File: cherno.jpg (239KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
cherno.jpg
239KB, 425x600px
>>39502422
>they'll be unveiling a robot hand that can peel a banana
We've already got robots that can do that.
>>
>>39502422
The thing about real AI is we either successfully create it or we don't.
Theres no guarantee at all that it will occur within our lifetimes but if we do, then it will be witnessing an event as important as mankind discovering fire.
>>
File: rachnera.jpg (48KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
rachnera.jpg
48KB, 850x850px
To solve the bipedal problem why don't we just take pic related and merge it with a tachikoma?
>>
>>39502608
What would such a fusion uniquely bring that they could not individually
>>
>>39502608
Then you have an even bigger energy problem.
>>
>>39502654
>>39502658
well for one a tachikoma being the size of a small car could hold more batteries and solar panels and processing power. secondly if robots have so much trouble walking on two legs then let them walk like a robot, thirdly it'd make the monster girl fags happy.
>>
>>39502832
Well, I can understand the alternative means of locomotion since bipedal locomotion is kicking the asses of engineers across the world.

Quadrapedaldal motion so far had been much more successful compared to robots that walk on two legs
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.