[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ONLINE LOVE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: shutterstock_2426143333.jpg (224KB, 4002x2002px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_2426143333.jpg
224KB, 4002x2002px
Anyone got any experience meeting someone they like online?

>Meet guy online (not 4chan, other website)
>Talk every day
>start to like him a lot
>he likes me too
>after a year, I'm closer to him than anyone else in the world
>still haven't met
>after 2 years of meeting we decide to meet (we're from different countries, both in europe though)
>nervous at first but quickly become comfortable
>decide to start dating
>quality of life goes from bad to really good
>we only see each other twice a year at first
>after a while, we're both finished with school, decide to move in together
>both staying at his parents for 5 months
>after that, get an apartment together
>Been together 5 years now

Everything worked out better than expected
>>
Been in multiple online "relationships" and they never work. I'm trying OkCupid now with people closer nearby but I don't think I'll get any matches.
>>
>>39492536
I wish you good luck my friend, don't give up and hopefully you'll find someone decent.
>>
>>39492483
Nevermet online "relationships" are the cuckest thing, LDRs with frequent visits are a bit less, but still shit.
Don't bother with anything other than local dating, it never works.
Actually not even local dating works nowadays, but you have a bit of free condomless sex
>>
only works for attractive people

pass
>>
every girl online has like 10+ other guys to choose from. no point. it's dumb.
>>
>>39492763
I dunno man, it worked for me. It's not easy and you have to put in the work but for me it felt like it was either take a leap of faith and give it a shot, or be lonely forever.
Hard but worth it.
>>
I've met pretty much every gf I've had online. But we also met up asap and didn't message for months.
>>
>>39492805
You got lucky then, most LDRs just die. I had one that lasted a year, then she got bored and left. This kind of shit happen so often its not even funny
>>
Thread theme?
Thread theme
https://youtu.be/euvNZdo3KzY
>>
>>39492830
>then she got bored and left
Man that's awful, I'm sorry.
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>Russian LDR
>We've met a few times now
>She wants to finish university
>Its gonna take 5 years
>University just decided to make her an officer in the Russian military

I don't know if I can wait 5 years. I live in a two story house with my parents, they're old and don't like to use the stairs, they say she and I can live upstairs. 5 years is a long time to wait considering we jave never lived together.
>>
>>39492908
Can you visit a few times a year at least?

5 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things, if you have something worth holding on to.
>>
>>39492860
It was my first romantic interaction with someone, before her I was a KHV and never really liked anyone. Then I met her online and started visiting each other once a month, the lovey dovey stuff was pretty intense, so I thought I was settled, I wanted her in my life forever. But she was gradually cooling down until it became so shit she was starting fights over literally nothing and saying that she didn't want me anymore.
This was 8 months ago, I still kind of miss her a bit(or maybe I miss just having an affectionate gf that I really like? I don't know)
I wish she suffered some accident and died, it would be a relief to not have that subconscious tiny tiny irrational hope that we would get back together someday
>>
>>39492908
Unless you two met often enough(like, once a month) AND you have no doubts about her feelings for you, just leave and move on. 5 years is more than enough time for her to get bored and leave you for a local Chad
>>
>>39492483
You're both gonna fuck people on the side. Well maybe not you, but she certainly will.
>>
>>39492948
Once a year, I'm Australian so flights are expensive, take 24 hours + and because of her university schedule the best time to visit her or fly her out is in July when she has a month long holiday. This July she visited for two weeks because her parents think I'm a serial killer or something but last year I spent a month in Moscow with her.

Each trip basically kills my finances saved over a year however. If she lived with me we could be saving such money for a future life together. I will wait for her but the situation depresses me because it feels like I am drowning.
>>
>>39492970
It's scary how people can just move on without a second though.
I would say based on what you've told me that the problem wasn't distance, more her as a person, anyone like that would likely been the same result if you lived one block away from each other.
I'm sorry you went through that though, I know that shit is painful and leaves you feeling empty.
>>
>>39493069
Yeah these 5 years are going to be hard, BUT, 5 years honestly goes by so fucking fast.

If I was in your situation, I'd stick with it, wait it out, make sure to see her when you can, and hopefully the other side will have been well worth it.

Good luck anon.
>>
Long distance sounds ideal for me.

I'm lonely but if I had a gf I'd only want to see her once a month.

I'm too much of a reclusive piece of shit to live with someone.
>>
>>39493410
>I'm too much of a reclusive piece of shit to live with someone.
i feel
>>
>>39492483
>TL;DR snagged me a Chad with glasses

congrats whore. If he wasn't completely out of your league it never would have worked out. You would have put zero effort into the relationship and replaced him with the first upgrade who came along.
>>
>>39493410
>I'm too much of a reclusive piece of shit to live with someone.
this is me, except I'm also desperately lonely. Then the few times I actually get to first base I tell her to fuck off and leave me alone and then I go back to being lonely

someone pls send help
>>
>>39493869
>the few times I actually get to first base
I cant even manage this
>>
i wish i was in one with a white bf because there's none in my country..
>>
>>39493852
Lol this. I'm not a bad looking guy but I'm a schizoid. The girls that have managed to talk to me are completely passive. But there have been 2 who have seen a picture of me and started to relentlessly pursue an LDR with me.
>>
>>39492538
It's a strong indicator of promising prospects if you do manage to run into someone willing to put the effort and time into making a long distance relationship work.
I don't want to downplay the importance of direct person to person contact though. A person's mannerisms and general dispositions can quickly make or break a relationship.
With that being said, couples who are willing to sink the time and energy into maintaining a long distance relationship may also be more likely to work to improve the less appealing aspects of themselves.
>>
File: fffeeded.jpg (74KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
fffeeded.jpg
74KB, 600x705px
I was in one for 3 years. From different countries in Europe

Was worth it in the overall, we only saw each other 6-7 times though. In the end it finished like >>39492538 said, didn't put enough work in for it to last, she wasn't that interested in moving to the UK so that was it really.

I don't think I'll be able to meet someone else without it being online, my whole week is just consumed by working. And don't really want to go through a LDR again which sucks because I don't think I've ever met a single girl from the UK online.
>>
Tfw no online gf to give affection to and eventually meet
>>
Currently in an LDR. When we are actually together IRL, I love him a lot and things are pretty great.

But honestly, he's really shit at the long distance part of it and when we aren't together I feel more of a connection with my friends and coworkers.

I've tried to gently let him know that I'm not really happy, but I don't think he'll ever pick up on it or do anything about it.
>>
>>39494811
I'll give affection to your butt.
>>
Tried looking online, not really many girls that stick around. I guess it's me.

I'm still open to it, but probably I should try something more local.
>>
>>39492970
Jesus christ man you just read my mind with that spoiler. I feel like i'm in Limbo, pls send help
>>
These make me feel lonely
>>
It's idiotic, it's missing the most important component of the relationship imo which is physicality. I yearn for it and not having it by beying in an online/long distance relationship is like purposely tormenting yourself.
I have made friends online though, some that I've met IRL after a few years and I value those relationships greatly. Still it's not the same as living close to each other and meeting up regularly. So I can't even imagine how awful would it be to apply that to a romantic relationship.
>>
>>39497515
For some people it's all we got.
>>
You're one of the very rare success stories. My experience with it was shitty and everyone I know who tried failed. My "relationship" lasted 4 years and we never met. My best friend was with his for 6 years and they were seeing eachother 3-4 times a year, then when it became clear neither was willing to move to the other's country, it ended. Neither were able to find common ground.

My opinion on it is yes, there's a chance everything goes better than expected, but, overall, it is an unsuccessful venue and requires tremendous sacrifice. I found better luck dating in my area...lol who am I kidding, every woman I date end up using me to some degree because I'm so willing to invest myself that every roastie sees a prime sucker in me.
>>
File: 1405193700092.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405193700092.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>39492483
if it means anything OP, i'm super jealous of you.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.