[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish I was born in 1867

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: class.jpg (21KB, 420x480px) Image search: [Google]
class.jpg
21KB, 420x480px
Then I could be a gentlesir of the 1800s and early 1900s. I would be rich and have lots of money because people had lots more money back in the late 19th and early 20th century, the ladies would appreciate me, and I would be in a time of class. Not a time of swagbois but a time of gentlemen.
>>
>>39487835
Or, or, now listen carefully, or you could be working in a coal mine for almost nothing for 14 hours a day, have five children and a dying wife..
>>
>>39487880
Those were the absolute poorest but most people born when I wanted to be were a lot richer than we will ever be.
>>
>>39487929
Yeah, you are on 4chan. You would be born in sewer in those days
>>
>>39487952
People could go mining for gold in Alaska back then and become very rich.
>>
>>39487880
This
being rich at any given time is good, but being poor back in the days was way worst than today
>>
>>39488073
The problem is getting rich is far harder today than back then. In the 1890s you could go to Alaska, dig for gold, and become rich. Now there is nowhere to start digging.
>>
>>39488103
>you could go to Alaska, dig for gold, and become rich
or die in the cold there
>>
>>39488103
>getting rich is far harder today than back then
Do you have a source for that? Or is that just wishful thinking on your part?
>>
>>39487929
>most people born when I wanted to be were a lot richer than we will ever be
This is what /pol/tards actually believe.
>>
>>39487835
You'd most likely be an expendable worker in some shithole and your wife would whore herself out so you had to feed both yourselves and your children.
Nostalgia is a meme
>>
File: 1502428324309.gif (351KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
1502428324309.gif
351KB, 263x239px
>>39487835
you need to work on bait and spam
>>39487070
>>39487549
>>
>>39488103
ah yes, i forgot there was gold lying around everywhere in the 1890s.
>>
Yeah you can't see things like disease and poverty in old photos, just nice top hats and canes.
>>
>>39488151
They're likely not even his children. While he was out working in the factory, and his wife was out whoring, she got knocked up by one of her clients.
>>
>>39488103
Lol slow down there Scrooge McDuck.
Digging for gold was the absolute hardest thing imaginable.
>cold af
>out in the wilderness
>costant work thatll leave you with back problems
>you are bear and wolf cuisine
>eat canned beans all day
>miles from the closest town
>People would sneak in and try to kill you to get your gold
>if you ever found any
>>
>>39488158
Look up the Klondike Gold Rush and the California Gold Rush. There was lots of gold to find back then.
>>
>>39488207
>Of the estimated 30,000 to 40,000 people who reached Dawson City during the gold rush, only around 15,000 to 20,000 finally became prospectors. Of these, no more than 4,000 struck gold and only a few hundred became rich.
>>
>>39488191
But once you found all the gold you would be set for life.
>>
>>39488252
That's more gold than you can find today. You had to get to the gold early around 1896. Now? There is nowhere to dig for gold and you don't have a chance of striking it rich.
>>
>>39488277
It's 1000 times easier to become rich today thanks to modern technology. All you need is a marketable idea and turn it into a viable product.
>>
>>39488296
I don't have an idea. I have a shovel and explorer spirit
>>
>>39488348
Meaning you would have had less than 1% of a chance of striking it rich during the gold rush.
>>
>>39488382
I would have found the gold. People born in the 1860s had it made when it came to getting rich. They could just go to Alaska and start digging.
>>
>>39488417
Why would you succeed where more than 99% of others didn't?
>>
>>39488585
As I have said before. People were a lot richer in the late 1800s than they were today.
>>
>>39488678
As has been said before, you are wrong. You would not have survived this long in the 1800s. You would have died from starvation.
>>
>>39487835
>thinking your life would be better if you were born in 1867
>you could literally be born into a family of coal miners
>no guize go alaska get gold
fucking retard
>>
>>39488678
I'm sorry to say this but you are retarded
>People are much better off now than 100+ years ago because of medicine, technology, social developments
Ie. Most robots would have been lobotomized, institutionalized, or killed
>>
>>39488749
Lobotomy didn't exist back then.
>>
>>39488704
The coal miner could head up North to Alaska, dig for gold and strike it rich. You would go on the journey to the Yukon trail. 1867 is also the year my favorite character Scrooge McDuck was born.
>>
>>39488816
>a few hundred guys got rich off of gold so i would have too
lrn2statistic
By the way, now that we're on the subject of Alaska, any other anons here live in Anchorage?
>>
>>39488823
It was a richer time in general not just gold. People could just go out there and make a fortune easily unlike today.
>>
>>39487835
You do realize that the "gentlesirs" back then probably had 20x more T than you, right?
>>
>>39488849
No it wasn't you fucking retard
The standard of living nowadays is much much higher than the 1800s
>>
>>39488795
Lobotomies weren't super common but they were done as early as 1910
>fits into Op's silly timeframe
>>
>>39488862
I can get that by taking testosterone injections.
>>
File: tougher-than-the-toughies.jpg (108KB, 968x305px) Image search: [Google]
tougher-than-the-toughies.jpg
108KB, 968x305px
>>39488866
In technology. Not in gold riches or ability to buy land or homes.
>>
>>39488900
>everyone in the 1800s was rich
>a scrooge mcduck comic proves this
faggot
>>
>>39488938
There were lots of gold rushes in the 1800s asshat. There was one in California in 1849. You wish you could be half of what Scrooge McDuck was. He was fictional but he was badass.
>>
>>39487835
>he doesnt realize you can fucking should still dress this way.
>>
>>39489100
I can't be as rich as easily and ladies don't appreciate a gentlesir as much.
>>
>>39489052
>>39488938
Any of you guys seen the new Duck Tales?
>>
>>39489152
They do appreciate it. Ever seen The Time Machine? I bought a suit simmilar to that, certain girls lovie it like catnip.
>>
>>39487835
rich or coal miner 19 century was objetively better. We have too many bad things in this current era. It's the era of feminism, sexual degeneracy and numales
>>
You remind me when i was little and autistically into barks comics and i wanted to have a money bin when i grew up etc
>>
>all these people counter-signalling 19th century miner life

My family seemed to do well out of being hands on ships and working in the shipyards of Liverpool and Belfast, working in the steel mills in York, and farming in Munster with occasionally going to war for imperial GAINZ

Hell, my grandfather had a great life in the 40s till the early 70s being in the royal navy, then merchant navy, then making a shitload of money and investing in pubs and starting his own shipping company which got memed on due to the oil crash.

Fuck, even my dad had it comfy in the 80s, turned up to the meat works in the morning and just worked and they paid.

Nowadays, I'm stuck behind a fucking desk pushing pens, my back is fucked from being hunched over a desk 24/7 (because uni full time, work part-time), I leave home at 6am and don't get home till 10pm, I have fuck all in the way of friends, I feel like shit constantly, and I will likely never have a waifu.

Even if I actually succeed out of my university education, I'll go to work one day and then wake up at age 50 something being made redundant so some young gook can take my job, whereupon I'll just kms cos I guarantee shlomo would've gambled away my superannuation.

tl;dr I fucking wish I could have had the life of my ancestors instead of this pozzed jewish late-capitalist hellhole
>>
>>39488103
I think it's the opposite. Look at all the facebook and youtube millionaires who got rich just by making videos, not to mention all the stealth wealth people who just live beneath their means and accumulate riches just through time.
>>
>>39487835
>1800s
>not wanting to be born In the 1920s so you can fight in WWII and impress all the women with the fact you're a veteran
>>
>>39488816
No he couldn't. He could never scrape up enough money and resources to make the trip.
>>
>>39490759
>my parents and grandparents worked their asses off at respected jobs
>I sit on my ass all day at a minimum wage job that I got after dropping out of highschool
I wonder why you're not as successful as them.
>>
>>39487835
>be me, 1890s
>wake up to factory whistles
>get dressed, but it doesn't matter
>eat bread and bacteria-ridden beef for breakfast
>say goodbye to my wife and 3 children
>exit the tenement
>head to job on foot
>arrive in time for factory gates to open
>work for 12 hours at foundry
>Jimmy got his arm burned real bad
>he's gonna have to pay for company doctors to amputate it
>spend some of meager pay on alcohol
>the guy who runs the shop is some shitty Polack
>tell him to fuck off
>walk home
>Chad gentlesirs ride up in fancy auto-mobiles
>think they're so fucking cool
>servant kicks me to the curb to let them pass
>arrive home
>wife is still working in the house
>yell at her
>go to bed w/o showering
>>
>>39487835
>all drugs legal
>brothels legal
>no one bitched about anything sexual other than if you were a whore or were a fag
>could buy a gun super easy
>no stupid shit like park hours, nobody fucked with you for being outside at night
>steamers

Me too OP. Sitting there high and drunk, listening to a record player whilst watching children have snowball fights would be better than what I have now. Then there's plays, but my dumb ass would just have the records and the substance abuse, the occasional whore, but now everything's illegal including being annoying on the Internet.
>>
How old are you, OP? Seriously.
>>
>>39488938
His point is that there were actual opportunities back then.
>>
>>39487835
I wish i was born in the 700s or 800s or 900s or 1000s or 1100s so I could be a mideveil king and rule with an iron fist but also kindly wisely and generously and compared to today would be a genius and ruler of the world lol no jk accept it for what it is everything happens for a reason follow ur heart OP live ur life to the fullest we all have great purpose....... u have descended from royal bloodlines and families and have lineage and was and are born to be great and do great things and help the world.....
>>
>>39493314
Much less than today, retard.
>>
File: goodpost.jpg (86KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
goodpost.jpg
86KB, 803x688px
>>39487835
>wanted to be born in the late 19th to early 20th century
>thinks he will be some kind of upper class nobility drinking champange and getting painted portraits
>doesn't realize he will most likely be some shit eating farmer
>would be working at age 8
>inbreed with their sister because all of the "classy ladies" would be hopping on the 1800 equivalent of chad
>would not have any money because of the 7 children
>"parties" would be reduced to alcohol binges with the 2 other shit eating farmers he made friends with because alcohol is the only way to get over his shitty life
>would die at 37 because of syphilis from banging all of the hookers from the "parties' mentioned above
Yeah, a time of "class" alright. You keep dreaming, Gatsby.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.