[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will Bring back the Top Hat and Cane

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: TOP HAT CANEEEE.jpg (61KB, 650x811px) Image search: [Google]
TOP HAT CANEEEE.jpg
61KB, 650x811px
From now on I will wear a Top Hat, Coat Tails, and have a Cane. I want to look cool, rich, and dashing like this fine gentleman. Bring top hats and canes back! I will be the mysterious gentleman walking around the city with my top hat and cane with a sword inside.
>>
you may as well wear a fucking fedora you fucking autist
>>
File: NGE 0697.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
NGE 0697.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
If you can handle the odd looks from peers then go for it. Everyone will only judge you because you're not fitting in what the majority wears. Dress how you want / functional apparel.
>>
>>39487070
Jesus fucking Christ don't do it you fucking autist. It will only make you look cringeworthy.

>Inb4 bait
>>
>>39487139
It's retro and cool. It also brings back class instead of the swagbois listening to mumble rap.
>>
>>39487070

Do yourself a favor and buy a cowboy or a baseball cap hat instead.

Fucking dipshit.
>>
>>39487215
But the top hat is too cool to allow it to die.
>>
>>39487088
The fedora is a cool hat. I don't get all the hate it has online. It has style and class. Frank Sinatra wore one.
>>
>>39487070

Anon please.

This isn't fucking anime-land and you are a super cucklord for saying this, and with a fucking sword inside? Jesus fucking christ, knowing the autists that exist here on 4chan, you'd get a concealed weapon charge in a heartbeat.

Stop watching those stupid japanese cartoons, they're brainwashing you.
>>
>>39487196
You do you I guess. :/
>>
>>39487274
If women can wear things and no shirts, I can wear a top hat and coattails.
>>
>>39487274
I think the sword inside a cane is cool. Concealed weapon refers to a gun not a sword. People did it over 100 years ago.
>>
Top hat, coat tails, gloves and cane is the ultimate cool retro. It's not stuff your dad wore or even your grandparents wore. It needs to be brought back.
>>
I used to wear a fedora but I stopped years ago. I need to add something new to the wardrobe.
>>
How would one even go about putting together such an outfit without blowing the bank too badly?
You need
>good fitting formal high collar white shirt
>good fitting/tailored formal pants of good quality
>good fitting/tailored vest of good quality
>cravat of good to decent quality
>cravat pin
>tailored coat of good quality
>gloves
>cane
>top hat

On top of that you need to be average to thin or at least semi-fit to not look full autismo cringe.
>>
>>39487587
I don't care if I have to blow the bank. I have nothing better to spend my money on. I want to walk around in my new mysterious look and tip my top hat to the ladies. Have the cane with the sword ready just in case someone wants to fight me.
>>
>>39487587
Following. From top to bottom
>not too hard to come by, but getting neck/shoulder dimensions on point will be tricky. Tailoring may be needed. Isn't too important as it's hidden beneath everything else
>easy enough to come by in any good suit shop. Will need tailored properly.
>easy to come by but also a crutch. The majority of vests these days are cheap silk and will break the image, needs to a thicker fabric to hold the look together and contrast with the shirt. Will need tailoring/custom making
>hard to come by as they're not in style, will either need to be made yourself or bought from a specific maker. Can't be cheap as it's your centrepiece and the article that carries your colour
>easy enough to come by but will need to be something of interest to not look cringe
>this is by far the hardest because it needs to be the highest quality piece of clothing (barely beating the vest). Will most likely need to be custom made, and tailored. Needs to be of the same martial of the vest and pants to tie the look together.
>good leather formal gloves. Easy
>needs to be of good quality and matching in colour of the outfit OR contrasting to be the centrepiece.
>again, needs to be of extreme quality as anything else will just look tacky and destroy the look.

You will also need good quality black leather loafers.
>>
File: FO4-helmeted-cage-armor.jpg (114KB, 287x663px) Image search: [Google]
FO4-helmeted-cage-armor.jpg
114KB, 287x663px
WIll I look like an autist if i wander around the country dressed like pic related?
>>
>>39487674
Thank you for the suggestions. I will use them so I can do the top hat and cane look at least once or twice a week.
>>
Op, I used to work with a dude who wore a fucking bowler hat thinking he was all cool and retro.
Everybody made fun of him.

If you want to look cool but classy, wear a button up shirt and some good boots.
Walking around looking like a fucking charles dickens character will make every pussy in a 20 mile radius drier than drath valley.
>>
>>39487795
>he unironically cares about pussy

im shaking my head at you, dumb redditor
>>
File: hj6SH36.jpg (647KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
hj6SH36.jpg
647KB, 2048x1536px
>>39487795
That's just the way I fucking like it.
>>
>>39487794
Fucking ace Man! Keep me up to date please. I know if I had the money I'd do exact same. Hell if I ever make it big in my ventures I'll go full eccentric.
>>
File: Dzhz59l.jpg (29KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Dzhz59l.jpg
29KB, 600x315px
>>39487070
If I saw a guy dressed like that just walking out on the street I'd think he's pretty cool if all of it's high quality and looks good like >>39487674 says. What kind of job do you have? Is it something that you can wear said outfit to everyday? The whole concept really isn't that much of a step farther than what reviewbrah does.
>>
>>39487070
Anon take it slow, vintage is slowly in trend and you wont look like a weiredo if you only wear a head, in my country (germany) youth weires a lot of straw hats and the stuff

I LOVE THE MAFIA LOOK OF THE 20s of the USA but anon please dont dress to much up, it will look weired and you will get judgment and you will for sure take it to your heart and cant ignore it
>>
File: 1345112671976.jpg (113KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1345112671976.jpg
113KB, 960x720px
>>39487890
>the mafia look of the 20s
>>
>>39487907
If you added 20kg of muscle to each of them they'd actually fit the mould.
>>
>>39487907
i unironically like it, but i woulnd wear the thing around the neck, the red thing, i dont know how you call it
>>
>>39487890
What can I say? I was born in the wrong time. I'm kicking myself for not being born in 1867.
>>
>>39487907
All 3 of those men are better than any robot like you or me.
Not only did they go OUTSIDE but simultaneously dressing classy with a smug confident air of "fuck you" about them.
>>
>>39487945
>i dont know how you call it
His necktie?
>>
>>39487907
>left one has popcaps
Fucking kek. They even got Cap guns with their outfits. This pic just went from cringe to topkek in 0.3s
>>
>>39487070
this is one of the most optimistic posts i've ever seen on /r9k/
good for you, OP. i wish you luck.
>>
File: Wutzeli-9.jpg (300KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
Wutzeli-9.jpg
300KB, 467x700px
>>39487967
>>39487960

its a tie, i googled it

yeah man i wish i could be part of a frontier movement, i compansate it with writing a space frontier book.

what you guys think about dangeroos on girls ?
i saw some with it, its my toptier cloth for girls since then
>>
>>39487871
I just plan to wear it out all the time. Just walk around looking mysterious and tipping my hat.
>>
>>39487070
are we returning to pre-deletion r9k?
>>
>>39488657
We are returning to the days of class and style. I stopped wearing a fedora and am now ready to graduate to the top hat.
>>
>>39488710
i'll be really happy if you wear the whole outfit.
>>
>>39487070
Here is your theme song:

https://youtu.be/wc77Vlb-yAE
>>
>>39488730
Why did the top hat and cane ever go out of style?
>>
>>39487264
Well Frank Sinatra was a cool person, you're not
>>
>>39487907
well, these are kids and they're playing...

the shortest one actually looks pretty cool, he could be called Filthy Ricki, and be the one in charge of disposing bodies.
>>
>>39489538
I'm cool. The Fedora should be associated with cool because cool people like Frank Sinatra wore them. It's retarded it gets so much hate on the internet.
>>
>>39487070
But do you have the money to do that?
I really like Victorian era clothing too, but not sure how to afford it.
And you gotta have the shill to wield a sword in your cane.
I would want a rapier, because I could use part of the cane as a hilt, but also thrust easily with it.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.