[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to fix chinlet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: 9783131628121_c003_f006.jpg (290KB, 675x408px) Image search: [Google]
9783131628121_c003_f006.jpg
290KB, 675x408px
hey robots any of you that have fixed your ugly got any input

does this shit really take 9 years of braces + super painful surgery?

i thought you just get like 30k go to a jew doctor ask them to fix everything thats wrong and its wrapped up in within a year or two of recovery
>>
i just went easymode and grew a beard

she should do the same
>>
>>39484881
inb4
>beardlets

i dont like beards anyways would rather fix my shit and actually be hot
>>
Depends.
Is your bite normal? Then you may do just fine with a sliding genioplasty. If not then shits a lot more complicated
>>
>>39484908
mine is a david brent style gotee, i dont like ugly hipster beards
>>
>>39484934
My bite is not normal, when I went to see if I was eligible for braces, they told me that it would require jaw surgery for my teeth to be properly fixed. I'm a chinlet but not really bad to the point where I don't even have a chin. The surgery sounds painful for me just to be able to get braces. Can you get a chin implant if you already have something in your mouth to correct your jaw?
>>
who /thumblet/ here?

i think i have a chin because of old photos of me, but now it's more like i don't have a neck
>>
>>39484846
Whats the diffferrnce between these two pics?
>>
>>39484934
>>39484934
>is your bite normal
i don't think so, i have mild overbite
it gives me this typical chinlet profile

if i put my tongue agains the roof of my mouth and push my bottom teeth forward, it minimizes the appearance but a discerning eye could still tell my jaw isn't fully forward
>>
File: f613-08-9781416043898.jpg (25KB, 386x493px) Image search: [Google]
f613-08-9781416043898.jpg
25KB, 386x493px
>>39485390
>>39484934
fuck forgot pic
rogrogiorgdres
>>
>>39485075
>>39484934
by "painful"
do people mean as in a long achey recovery
or am i literally going through unanesthized torture

i can suck the fuck up a long recovery period, its worth finally being attractive like i should've been if i didnt have awful parenting
(its ok to mouthbreathe!)
>>
bump
oreoreign
>>
>>39484846
Start off with holding your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Sounds stupid but this is actually what fixed it for me. Took about six months. It was hard at first but eventually it became as automatic as breathing, and about six months after I started it I saw my profile reflected in some glass and realized that my jawline was actually good for once.

>>39484881
This only works if you have a good jawline in the first place otherwise a beard just makes you look worse.
>>
File: maxresdefault3422.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault3422.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>39486929
ive been doing that, not sure how long its been, couple months at least but as of this week im doing it even more and with more pressure

the thing is, i actually saw improvement in my jawline from doing that + pushing my bottom teeth forward against my top, but ever since i've been correcting my forward head and back posture my chinlet turns into anything from a nochin to a doublechin and its fuckin unsightly.

pic related dudes profile very close to me in proper posture

you said your shit improved in a few months? i read something last week that some doctor guy kind of said offhand, that if you adopt good posture in time your skin will start to form to it and your double/nochin minimizes

rly hope its true desu
>>
>>39487071
>doing it even more and with more pressure
What? Just let it rest against the roof of your mouth. Don't push it against it.

I also don't recommend pushing your jaw anyway in particular. Keep your lips closed and.let your mouth hang how it is naturally. If it's been a while and you still feel like it needs improvement, see an orthodontist about getting a retainer with rubber bands. Those will properly pull your jaw, doing it manually will probably have no results, or even worse, end up asymmetrical.

>pic related dudes profile very close to me in proper posture
Unless I'm misinterpreting this, it looks like the dude is leaning against the wall. Stand up and tilt your head back a bit so that your eyes are parallel to the ground and aimed at the horizon. Good posture in a nutshell.

>if you adopt good posture in time your skin will start to form to it and your double/nochin minimizes
Depends on the cause of the double chin. If you're legitimately overweight, it's probably fat build up and diet and exercise would take care of it. Anyway, a healthy diet and exercise won't hurt if you're serious about this.
>>
File: posture-photo-perfect.jpg (38KB, 300x346px) Image search: [Google]
posture-photo-perfect.jpg
38KB, 300x346px
>>39487220
he's standing according to this, or attempting at least
>don't push against it
alright
i read you have to keep the posterior 3rd against hte roof too though?
i do keep my lips closed, but if i let my mouth hang naturally it's exactly like this image: >>39485402

>Those will properly pull your jaw, doing it manually will probably have no results, or even worse, end up asymmetrical.
shit, really? I don't want to get asymmetrical

all i've been doing is bringing my bottom teeth in line with my top so that they're lightly touching, my natural bite with my overbite gives me a chinlet face im conscious of. i do my best to make sure my jaw is just going straight forward but.... ill stop if there's a risk of it fucking stuff up more

i've been doing this for a few months at least and i was seeing "improvements" up to trying to fix my posture lately

oh and i'm not overweight, 15-19% bf, i've been busting my ass to eat better and im gonna start working out
>>
>>39487220
im pretty sure my double chin is some minor fat in that area but at least 70% chinletism and some sun wrinkles, lol
majority reason is my overbite/jaw recession though
>>
anyone got a dl for that mike mews dudes book lol cause and cure of malocclusion or whatever
>>
>>39487305
>i read you have to keep the posterior 3rd against hte roof too though?
I'm not an expert on this, but I think you're best off just doing whatever's comfortable. If you're constantly straining yourself that's not a good sign. Once you start doing it automatically you'll probably find the sweetspot of how much of your tongue is touching the roof of your mouth, Now that I focus on it, not a lot of my tongue actually touches the roof of my mouth, but of course everyone's different, maybe your tongue touches more.

> if i let my mouth hang naturally it's exactly like this image
That really doesn't look too bad. If you have legitimate overbite an orthodontist might be able to help a bit. Surgery could be seen as a shortcut or last resort but I don't think that's necessary. You can still have a respectable jawline with overbite.

>all i've been doing is bringing my bottom teeth in line with my top so that they're lightly touching
Your teeth shouldn't be idly touching. Leads to teeth grinding eachother down. My dentist bothers me about it everytime I go in otherwise I wouldn't know about it. I really don't think it's worth trying to jut your jaw out all the time, see an orthodontist about getting a retainer if you want to, but trying to do something like this manually probably won't work. Retainers have constant tension and pull at calculated angles, this is one of those things you can't really do yourself.
>>
>>39487508
hm okay, thanks anon. should my tongue be touching my upper teeth at all?
>legitimate overbite
i mean, i remember my dentist noting i had somewhat severe of an overbite in the past but i dont like.... look inbred. that one picture is very accurate
>>
>>39484846
>9 years of braces

What? Who told you this?

>Painful sugrery

Yes.
>>
>>39484846
Its not as bad as having an underbite,my chin is comically large
>>
>>39487670
someone i know irl who said thats how their overbite got fixed

>Yes.

describe it to me

again, painful like shitty achey long recov time or unanesthized torture?

also, pls tell how to get a good cervicomental angle AKA the angle between neck and chin

ideal is 90 like OP, current is
>>39485402
at best

>>39487684
pic? idk i have many chins osmetimes
>>
>>39487693
I don't know if it applies but I had the reverse problem known as prognathism.
My lower jaw was out of place.
I've been wearing braces for 5 months now and will get surgery before the year ends.
It really depends on the patient, most of the time you wear braces for no longer than 1 year, 1 year and a half.

If you never had braces before then it must be longer.
But 9 years that is unheard of, your buddy probably got scammed.

The surgery is said to be long and painful and will leave you weak for days, not able to eat properly and you have to do it twice.
You will be anesthized, dude the surgeon is going to saw my jaw, you think anybody can endure this pain????
The end result is always worth it.
Correcting your jaw will fix your face, breathing, nose position, bite and smile.

There is no trick, a regular denthal treatment+surgery is the only way to fix it.

Plastic surgery is faster but will change your tissue(or face if you prefer) your bite and skull will still bother you and it will be noticeable that you performed surgery on your face.
>>
>>39487508
oh shit, when i just try to relax my tongue against the roof of my mouth some of it overlaps my top teeth and im prone to biting my tongue. is this a sign im fucked or asymmetrical? :(((( when i got my wisdom teeth removed they kind of fucked the left side of my jaw up and it healed weird, pops out of place sometimes
>>
>>39487808
how long is the recovery period? i really don't care as long as they give me enough pain pills to put me over through it, and even then i can secure them myself if they dont

i definitely want iit done idgaf if it sucks or i have to have it done twice, but does it ever reverse? what's this shit i've heard about people who had their jaws fixed and it went back to being fucked? don't ever wanna go through that.

>Plastic surgery is faster but will change your tissue(or face if you prefer) your bite and skull will still bother you and it will be noticeable that you performed surgery on your face.

so the jaw should be fixed before any facial surgeries? i've been trying to deduce that cus it sounds really useful to know.

oh, and i assume until i actually get the shit done there's no point in trying to compensate with pushing my jaw forward manually or anything?
definitely don't wanna make it worse but i've been doing that for a few mo now.
>>
>>39487638
>should my tongue be touching my upper teeth at all?
The tip of my tongue reaches the top of my upper teeth. I don't know the shape of your mouth exactly though. As long as you're comfortable and not straining your should be fine.
>>
>>39487976
does your tongue overlap your other teeth any? teeth shouldnt touch either? if i dont touch teeth someone and bite down (bottom teeth grind against back of top meth) my tongue overlaps my teeth and i bit myself on accident earlier lol.
>>
>>39487901
Yes you have to fix your jaw the normal way.
Your face will change though only it will be a natural change, nothing that modified your tissue or bone structure.

You shouldn't think about the pain or anything.
If you do then it's probably not something you should go for.
You see to us this is a life changing matter, so whether or not I get a regular dose of pain killers is none of my concern.

You have to talk to a facial surgeon(those that work in denthal field) they will tell you about it.

Also if you have the same problem as the girl in OP's pic and you have no pain or difficulty to eat then it probably isn't worth it.
>>
>>39488067
idc about the pain i know its all or nothing. i want my normal face. i didn't know i could potentnially make stuff worse by trying to mask it with pushing my shit forward though

also the OP pic, the girls issue is mainly her nose

all the other pics show chinletism that reflect mine very accurately

i'm going to start saving for the ops and consultants. i was just wondering if there were ways to mask it before the op
>>
>>39488067
my asking of if i can do shit like pushing my teeth forward to mask it isnt meant to imply hesitation, just that i wanna look decent as fast as possible and i know this shit's gonna take a long time.
>>
yo for real is just pushing my teeth forward in line with my top bad for me? :( that was the only way for me to look normal
>>
>>39486929
Also chew gum and try to get really good posture. Look up Dr Mike mew for more info
>>
>>39488707
>really good posture

Yeah I've been trying to adopt proper posture: >>39487305

But this is my appearance in said posture: >>39487071

and ive been doing the tongue on roof thing for a while + pushing my bottom teeth forawrd in line with my top, but someone told me not to do that just now. it helped mask it but now im worried its bad for me
>>
>>39488707
I know about him too
Do you happen to have a copy of his book
I don't wanna spend 150 euros on an e book if I dont HAVE to yknow?
>>
bump fsdfasdf
>>
bah fuck now that i'm not pushing my shit forwards how i talk feels weird and im slurring again. gr88
>>
>>39488067
Does the face change any from just good tongue posture over time
>>
File: 1473470882011.jpg (22KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473470882011.jpg
22KB, 512x512px
bamp orgienanlo
>>
So one should just relax the jaw like this pic? >>39485402
No attempt to align shit?
>>
File: 1504318509223.png (185KB, 214x586px) Image search: [Google]
1504318509223.png
185KB, 214x586px
>>39487808
Is this realistic? Fixing overbite does this?
>>
>>39490451
Dude look at the earlobes you can't be serious with that shit
>>
File: 1480584520998.png (700KB, 618x725px) Image search: [Google]
1480584520998.png
700KB, 618x725px
>>39490480
How bout this then

lol now that you point it out his ears are weird
his jaw's great though
>>
alright now you got me freaked that people will be able to spot a surgery by the ears, hope that's not really a thing
>>
File: 1484951995811.jpg (575KB, 2188x3283px) Image search: [Google]
1484951995811.jpg
575KB, 2188x3283px
badump orignal
>>
Bimax doesn't hurt at all. The worst part is not being able to eat for 6 weeks
>>
>>39491139
Oh you've had shit done? That the name of the operation?
Are your ears tiny? Share your knowledge with me, O Anon who's escaped chinletism
>>
>>39487670
>>Painful sugrery
>Yes.

Literally no. You are asleep for the surgery. There is zero pain afterwards. Your face is swolled up as fuck tho
>>
>>39491139
>6 weeks
Did you uhhh lose a lot mass from that? Hopefully not so much it made you wrinkly or nothing?
>>39491167
You had jaw work done too? Hm did it run you anon?
My profile for ref >>39485402 >>39487071
Lately I've been pushing my bottom teeth 4ward to compensate but I'm afraid it might be bad for me now
If I do so I look "normal" though, dont if I dont though
>>
>>39491162

Bimaxillary osteotomy. Means both lower and upper jaw. Normal ears. There is zero pain. The worst part is not being able to eat for 6 weeks. And having to wear a splint for 4 weeks so you talk like a retard. I didn't socialize at all 4 weeks
>>
>>39491195

I lost 11 kgs. Could have lost less if I ate protein shakes but I didn't want to go through the hassle.

I was 88kg at 186cm

The procedure was 150 euros in Finland
>>
>>39487504
Just watch his YouTube videos under the channel "orthotropic s", they have all the info you need.
>>
>>39491239
Yeah? I hope so cus there's weird shit I wanna know like if I'm damaging myself by manually holding my bottom teeth forward in line with my top. I've been doing the tongue on roof thing too, does that actually incur any positive changes over time?
>>39491205
That sounds like a very small price to pay to be attractive
>>39491222
>150 euros in Finland
What the fuck? 150 euros for a big jaw operation? In the US I'm over here thinking I need thousands or tens of thousands
>>
>>39491301
>150 euros for a big jaw operation?

Taxes
>>
>>39491387
That's still like 200 bucks which makes me kind of angry because I need like a few thousand in my piece of shit country
>>
File: 1498755571659.jpg (143KB, 778x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1498755571659.jpg
143KB, 778x1037px
bamp
originaleooo
>>
File: 1491718549461.jpg (388KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1491718549461.jpg
388KB, 1080x1920px
Bamp
orignaleo
>>
File: 1474197940264.jpg (106KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1474197940264.jpg
106KB, 1500x1125px
Bumpalumpadump
Further confirmation on if manually holding your shit forward in line with upper teeth is bad for you or not?
>>
File: 1469526915988.jpg (147KB, 960x957px) Image search: [Google]
1469526915988.jpg
147KB, 960x957px
bumadumpalump
>>
File: 1484959244074.jpg (446KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1484959244074.jpg
446KB, 1200x1600px
another fucking bump for "am i fucking myself worse by manually pushing my jaw forward"
>>
>>39484846
Her nose looks worse after the surgery.
>>
>>39494964
If you're really worried ask your doctor/dentist/orthodontist about doing this.
>>
>>39495309
>tfw no doctor (atm) so forced to ask people on the internet
literally just crossing my fingers hoping someone who knows a lot drops by
>>
File: photo-gallery-img3.jpg (57KB, 307x236px) Image search: [Google]
photo-gallery-img3.jpg
57KB, 307x236px
>>39486929
>Start off with holding your tongue to the roof of your mouth.

Done that for 2 years now. The changes are amazing (But in my case my lower jaw was bigger).

Went from brainless white trash with speech impediment. To normal looking person.

Pic not me
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.