[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/robot software development/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: coding-924920_960_720.jpg (101KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
coding-924920_960_720.jpg
101KB, 960x640px
who here /programmer/?

I'm going into my last year at college with no internships. Best way to get my resume good enough to get interviews?
>>
File: 1489823205411.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1489823205411.gif
607KB, 800x792px
Don't just rely on companies. Research freelance. Even if they don't pay a lot you never know what you will find. Maybe check out codecanyon. I'm not a programmer, recent wagecuck. Programing is needed in many areas everyday. Of course a internship will be best.
>>
I'm in the same postion, I would like some advice too.
>>
Did you go to good school?
Have you done any projects you could talk up?
>>
Is it possible to get a programming or development job with a non-relevant degree if you have a decent portfolio? I'm about to graduate with a liberal arts degree ad want nothing to do with it, but am getting into programming and am pursuing an IT minor.
>>
>>39483003
>Did you go to good school?
No
>Have you done any projects you could talk up?
None aside from course projects
>>
>>39483058
Exaggerate or make up projects that you could convincingly bullshit about.
>>
>>39483036
consider a boot camp. App Academy is a good one, they only get paid after you get a job and take a percentage of your salary. Apparently people walk out of there with 6 figure offers.
>>
>>39483003
>Did you go to good school?
average state school
>Have you done any projects you could talk up?
none. Im trying to put together a few web apps this month.
I just need to get into the interview though, I've been practicing leetcode and am confident I can do well with those types of questions
>>
>>39483171
I've read that boot camps aren't worth it and don't actually prepare you for programming or software engineering jobs, and operate a lot like for-profit schools and are similarly not taken seriously.
>>
>>39482543
Glassdoor and apply anywhere
>>
Are there programming jobs for non-SJW companies? Are there even companies that don't have a page on their website about diversity?
>>
>>39483602
some are, some aren't. Hack Reactor and App Academy have pretty good reputations, but I'm sure there are some smaller ones that are scams.
>>
>>39483673
????? programming is one of the most needed jobs. you can get hired at financial firms and shit.
>>
im going into my last year too. (actually going to end up taking an extra semester because i picked up a minor and switched my major so i wasted a few classes. i had an internship at a cybersecurity company but thats not even what i want to do. going to try and get a programming internship this summer and graduate dec 2018
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.