[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IRL cheatcode found?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: v69qtnn.gif (113KB, 285x356px) Image search: [Google]
v69qtnn.gif
113KB, 285x356px
Quoting an article on Powerball:

>There are 292,201,338 possible Powerball combinations, making the odds of winning 1 in 292,201,338.00. So, at $2 a ticket, it would cost someone $584,402,676 to buy every possible combination.

This means that if the Powerball is over 1 billion dollars, and you buy every ticket, you will automatically make back your investment and then several hundred million. This accounts for the fact that if you take a lump sum, you get a bunch of shit cut out of your check, as well as taxes. You will also be the million, 10,000 and many smaller rewards. This seems huge, so why hasn't it been done? Why don't billionaires do it when they need free money from the government?
>>
I wondered about this myself with lottery tickets but I think lotteries may be just a huge fucking meme and no one wins from them.
>>
Doesn't it work like that, that if several people hit the same winning number the price is divided between them? Seems like it could easily fail like that
>>
>>39477439
Yeah, I just realised that, but it's still a very safe bet to make. The billionaires who would play this strategy regularly make and have made more risky decisions. And at 1.6 billion, even splitting it two ways would win you back your initial investment. Under current Powerball rules, billion-plus jackpots are much more common than before.
>>
lotteries are all rigged. the "winner" is in on the ruse they are a paid actor
>>
Is the Powerball a double tax?
>>
>>39476764
the prize money is never going to be more than the combined money they make. Why else would they be doing it
>>
>>39477570
Yeah but a single person buying one of each tickets isn't all they make, there are gonna be plenty more people buying.
>>
>>39477570
Because they expect no one will play the auto-win strategy? It's literally free money for billionaires (or anyone with at least $584,402,676). At worst, you make a costly business decision and lose a few hundred million. Many brilliant businessmen have lost a few hundred million and won it back.
>>
It also makes a repeating chain. Say you win the jackpot solo and get 650 million dollars after tax. You then wait until a similar jackpot happens, buy all the tickets, and get a net profit of another 100-150 million. Keep doing this and you'll be a multibillionaire and can join the global elite.
>>
>>39476764
A matematician did it for a smaller lottery and actually gained, but I don't remember who
>>
>>39476764
It's been done a few times before. Lottery organizers are usually careful about this so it doesn't happen very often.
One group that pulled it off had to hire a bunch of people to wait outside places selling the tickets and purchase a list of ticket numbers as soon as the stores opened. Learned about it in my stats 101 class.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.