[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming mass shooters are coming from a place of resentment

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: 1487099489698.jpg (39KB, 750x624px) Image search: [Google]
1487099489698.jpg
39KB, 750x624px
Assuming mass shooters are coming from a place of resentment towards everything and a goal of destruction, why do they do these one-off attacks where they typically kill like a dozen rather than a gradual series of crimes like the Unabomber or any serial killer? I figure if someone is at all careful, they could do at least a handful of arsons and murders and then cap it off with the big attack, or if they're very careful cause events of destruction over years, both of which would be more towards their goals.
>>
>>39474883
Shhh, don't give them good ideas. Better to let them be completely incompetent at planning their "revenge" so on the "big day" they only kill like 3 people before killing themselves ala Randy Stair
>>
I'll self bump once I've been wondering this for a bit
>>
>>39474883
Because they are driven by emotions. The Unabomber and serial kills are sciopathic and don't want to be caught.
>>
It's (man)children lashing out for attention. They're called spree shooters but realistically it's basically the same as the local mailman one day snapping and going postal. No one cares about the mailman until he puts on a mask. There may still be serial killers out there but they'd have to be killing almost agenda-less to get away with it over time which doesn't comply with the attention-seeking spree shooter
>>
>>39474883
On the average day there are up to 25 active serial killers in the US according to one of the FBI's serial killer unit director.
>>
this is the same shit that people have said 1,000,000 times already but, mass shooters all have one thing in common, and that's that they want their 15 minutes of fame from the media. because they think their life is worthless, or they're not going anywhere, or because their job sucks, anything, makes them think murder is the only way to get into the history books.

meanwhile, serial killers are usually sexual or fucked up shit. they don't want infamy, nor do they want to be caught. that's why they hide bodies, silly.

as for the Unabomber, it's not even in the same league. he was more of a Chaotic Good than anything. the attacks weren't for revenge or anything, it was just to get his manifesto to be published
>>
>>39475313
>>39475427
These are good responses, thanks
>>
>>39474883
Because people like Elliot Rodgers are entitled little bitches who have never fought for anything in life and hate everything including themselves.
People like that don't have the guts/nerve to actually commit crimes without killing themselves.
>What would mommy and daddy think if they found out im a deranged piece of shit and i have to go to prison :((
>>
i hate this pussy culture our generation has fostered... feelings are too important... everyone must get their dose of attention or they are allowed to throw a fit...feel free to quit when things get too hard... fuck that!! what happened to the get tough culture
>>
>>39475313
Why do people crave attention in this way? Why don't you or I go through such lengths for attention?
>>
On a related note what would be the best way to create destruction in the long run? Not talking about just killing people but fucking up society in general.
>inb4 NEETdom
I mean actively
>>
>>39475666
ayyy nice devil-trips
>>
>>39475666
>fucking up society in general

Become a politician, military general, or oil baron
>>
They don't want to live but they want to kill people first.
>>
bet most of the serial killers get at least some attention from crazy women after their crimes, so it could be evolutionary thing too. being a neet isn't that popular you know.
>>
>Why are retards retarded?
>>
File: 1475383737732.png (359KB, 352x390px) Image search: [Google]
1475383737732.png
359KB, 352x390px
>>39475666
create single mothers
>>
>>39475313
>mailman
>going postal
>>
>>39475881
Where do you think the term comes from.
>>
File: image.gif (36KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
36KB, 400x299px
>>39474883
Spree killings are a lot easier to pull off. The more you attempt to prolong things, the more likely you'll be caught. Best to get as many people you can in as short a period of time unless you're a Light Yagami tier mastermind.
>>
>>39474883
>Unabomber or any serial killer?
Alphabet soup agencies are a thing now a days and its hard to do that.
We had this discussion on /k/
>>
>>39475927
>just looked it up and it's true
what the fuck
>>
>>39474883

They want the attention and to go out in a big flash. They hero worship other shooters. Think about what happens when a mass shooting takes place. The entire world stops and focuses on you, and how scary and dagnerous you are. It plays into a power fantasy.

This is why giving mass shootings too much attention is bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4
>>
>>39475313
>same as the local mailman one day snapping and going postal

You need to be careful with how you word that. Public shooters don't just snap and start shooting a whim. They plan, pussy out, plan some more, update their blogs, then carry it out.

It's a very romanticized build up for these edgy faggots.
>>
File: kretschmer.jpg (20KB, 468x286px) Image search: [Google]
kretschmer.jpg
20KB, 468x286px
>>39476173
>uses Kretschmer as an example of a power fantasy

His final moments in life were literally walking around like an autist doing nothing before the cops finally decided to shoot him after a few minutes of that shit
>>
File: tumblr_otkxijv7HI1wo710lo7_1280.png (532KB, 1048x586px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otkxijv7HI1wo710lo7_1280.png
532KB, 1048x586px
>>39475519
>People like that don't have the guts/nerve to actually commit crimes without killing themselves.
Killing yourself requires more guts than going to prison, you brainlet.
>>
File: overkek.png (13KB, 360x315px) Image search: [Google]
overkek.png
13KB, 360x315px
>>39474883
You're about to get the fedz knocking on your door for writing this kind of stuff online, anon. You're gonna go to a federal prison for the rest of your life, because you're giving them new ideas, thus making you mastermind/accomplice.
>>
>>39476327
lol no it doesn't. These are mostly socially retarded people.
What could be worse than being judged by literally everybody for what you did and everyone knowing what a piece of shit you are, getting beat up/raped in prison and haver your parents and everybody that even remotely was in contact with you denounce you on the news?
There is a reason it's called the easy way out.
>>
>>39476512
>There is a reason it's called the easy way out.
It's not easy to end your life. And, if you go to prison as a mass murderer, you get to be separated from other prisoners so that they do not get to rape you. Also I doubt these people care if they get judged by everyone including their parents. They mostly hate the entire humanity and already feel they are not part of it.
>>
File: p.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>39476425
y-you're joking right? pls don't mess with me
>>
>>39475666
>666
Poison water supplies i guess
>>
>>39475313
The postman guy only went after the managers who were being abusive to him. I wouldn't necessarily compare him to Rodgers or the other people who shoot without discretion at random people. I don't condone his actions but he wasn't really a man child as much as he was a honest guy in a really fucked up situation who snapped.
>>
>>39475427
Unabomber had also been experimented on by the government and psychologically tortured on top of being a shy sensitive guy. His brain was really fucked up.
>>
>>39475666
>best way to create destruction in the long run

Support nothing, switch sides opportunistically, and destroy everything that people hold sacred, never expecting anyone to side with you.
>>
>>39476583
You are right about the prison part and they'll probably get locked up in a psychiatry anyways.
But tell me why every single one of those teenage mass-shooters kills themselves if it isn't the easy way out.
They would never take responsibility for it.
>>
>>39476693
Funny how this could be an answer to that question or the question on how to be a Jew.
>>
>>39476695
Because they want to become members of Ember's Ghost Squad 'ya dingus.
>>
>>39475855
>create single mothers
This is unironically the best way to sow destruction, it's why the most evil person I've seen here is probably the guy who fucked dozens of southeast Asian prostitutes with broken condoms. Even showed us a DNA test done of one of his sons and showed no remorse for it because he's "getting back at the women who fucked my life up" even though he's originally British.
>>
>>39475619
we're all at different parts of the journey

>>39476240
oh and that's the deliciously twisted part. A mild mannered man that gets fed up with the life they're given. There's no appreciation at home or at their job and they understand no one cares about them. The pitiable part is that they just wanted to live life but it never seemed to find them. So lash out on the chains that bind you. It's not like mental/spiritual slavery is any better

The thing to keep in mind is to have some not sympathy but pity for them. Aside from the deeply deranged who are barely human when they start killing. Others are led astray by negative influences both societal and personal. Klebold and Harris would be a little younger than the age of early 20s robots' fathers. Had they not died would they have settled into roles of beta bux? Could they have reached a point of accepting the ennui of life and just look forward to whatever is the next hyped video game release so they can catch each other online? Instead there's an edge holiday for attention-seekers to idolize attention seekers and grieving mothers with lost children wondering what they could have done.

Bullying still exists . May we mourn for those that we've lost and weep for those we may lose. I'm not going to say its not worth it bots but make your last hurrah good
>>
>>39476810
His son and daughters will be sold to snuff films producers, I hope he's proud
>>
>>39476818
adding a little onto this. The power to destroy can be the power to save. Even if you can't heal in video games you can save your friends by stopping the opposition before they stop you and yours. I can't say you're stronger than you think you are but you can always make a choice
>>
>>39476695
They were probably gonna kill themselves anyway. I think most of them think they're doing the world a favour, or just really really hate everybody
>>
>>39474883
Obviously because they want to kill themselves first and foremost, why would they bother with prolonging their own life
>>
>>39476695
They probably do not want to "rot" in jail, like Elliot put it. It's not a bright future in there if you think about it, being locked into a tiny space without any normal activities. Also most of the mass murderers were going to kill themselves anyways, so why would they not do it knowing they will rot in prison forever? Going to prison won't grade up their life's conditions in any way.
>>
>>39476695
Sociopathy. I don't understand it much myself but the actual mental disorder apparently would have them terrified of losing control of their surroundings. The killings are a result of that and the suicide is to escape the outcome
>>
>>39476974
well that and don't people like school shooters drop straight to the bottom of the prison social ladder? If any of the documentaries I've seen were real then the crime you commit is one of the larger factors in how you do in prison with other inmates
>>
>>39476974
Ironically Elliot finally got what he wanted in the end. There's Elliot fan girls out there now because girls are crazy, he just never got to meet them.
>>
>>39477025
What is the social ladder in prison like? I've heard bank robbers and shit are high up on the ladder. Is it mostly punch up to get in jail = higher status, punch down to get in jail = lower status? Do people like Brevik or that guy who shot Regan have high status despite being shooters because they had political motives?
>>
>>39477097
Gangs are mostly a big factor, but I think it's just the harder your crime the more likely people are to take you on. Keep in mind they simply want people with muscle, so I'm assuming gun crime won't get you far.
>>
>>39477025
I'm not sure if they pay much attention to going right to the bottom of the ladder. They are that already in their lives as free citizens and they know they will end up living separated from the others in prison so it does not really count what their position is.

>>39477054
I wonder what would've happened if he had remained alive? Would he be getting tons of love letters in prison like Breivik does?
>>
>>39477130
Prisoners are fucked up desu, I guess that's why they're in prison though.

>>39477161
Elliot wasn't that bad looking. I think the culture on top of being a sperg is what got to him. All the girls around him had high standards he couldn't meet, and he himself had unrealistic standards for women. In a different environment he may have done better, but his sense of entitlement and his complete lack of social skills led to him being overwhelmed by loneliness and snapping. That's my take on his psyche anyways.

He would get letters because he has a fan club of women online (or so ive heard) like every other famous criminal does, I'm curious how he would respond to them. Would he reject them for not being 10/10 blondes or would he kiss their ass since its the first time girls would've cared about him?
>>
The point is to go out with a bang, you take a few faggots with you when you are planning to die
>>
>>39475427
i dont think lanza cared for the fame
>>
>>39475519
what about whitman or huberty
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.