[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

death note (2017)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: death note.png (838KB, 1143x764px) Image search: [Google]
death note.png
838KB, 1143x764px
so what everybody's deal it wasn't bad at all?
i thinks it's just a normie herd mentality. the only people who i hear say it sucks are normies and weebs who say the same things we've heard ever sense the first trailer came out.

the movie was exciting and kept me interested. it had a nice sound track and it look nice. and at times had a final destination feel to it which i enjoyed

all the characters felt flawed and somewhat realistic
>Light's a bitch who get in way over his head
>L freaks out at times and loses his cool and shows emotion
>Mia is a manipulative bitch
>Ryuk is just a asshole demon

can people really not get over the fact that they diverged from the source material?
I'm glad they changed it up, I've seen the anime and read the manga so i don't know why i would want to see the same thing over and over again.

What do you robots think of the movie, how could it have been improved?
>>
I've read and watched the original, I don't really care that it's different though. I knew it was going to differ and went in just interested in seeing a different take on an interesting concept. Was actually pretty good, especially Light. I ended up really engaged in his character, as a massive contrast to the confident, attractive, and in control Light Yagami, Light Turner was an awkward loser who was constantly struggling and fucking up with the death note. It was my favorite new movie this year to be honest.
>>
>>39463427
>take a good thing people like
>make some more content of it
>oh wait everything's fucking different
>it feels like I'm watching a fanfiction
>actually fanfiction is better than this
>Why am I here
>>
>>39463521
It was a pretty solid AU fanfiction. Don't even try to see Light as the same person though, it wouldn't work.
>>
>>39463521
That's the case for almost all adaptations of manga

animefags deserve this
>>
File: 1491460460616.png (1MB, 937x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1491460460616.png
1MB, 937x1211px
Should've gone with an Asian cast

It's bad but it's probably the best hollywood could come up with
>>
I watched it as if it were a standalone thing and in that light it was okay, nothing I'd watch a second time but okay.

I liked the nigger playing L's portrayal in the first half or so, he had that shit nailed. Also, I like how the story clearly shows that women are manipulative whores.
>>
The Netflix live action version of Death Note was a somewhat faithful adaptation. It wasn't perfect, but it had a nice cliffhanger.
>>
I had ALMOST came around on Black L but then it turned into some cheesy "action" movie
>>
File: 1501182815169.jpg (33KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1501182815169.jpg
33KB, 355x369px
>>39463617
> L's portrayal in the first half or so, he had that shit nailed
get the fuck out of here and never return
>>
>>39463427
Light was annoying as fuck to watch.
Its like some stupid white kids power fantasy. A stupid dumb white boi.

L was pretty spot on in the first act, then he goes all psycho and completely out of character.

Mia was some annoying bpd bitch

Ryuk was the only fun thing about the movie.

Otherwise, it gets a 4/10
>>
>>39463803
Faggot he near perfectly replicated L's mannerisms.
>>
>>39463803
He did fine. You were to busy REEEing over his skin color to notice.
>>
>>39463823
>angry, emotional and impulsive
>near replicated L's mannerisms
>>
>>39463820
>Its like some stupid white kids power fantasy.
That's what made it enjoyable. Who the fuck on /r9k/ doesn't have a white kid power fantasy?
>>
>>39463823
he literally chased light and then when he found out he killed his buddy he chimped out
>>
>>39463803
light is only annoying because he acts like an actual human being not some super smart anime man
L going psycho wasn't out of character he is also a human being with emotion not an super calculated anime robot
and ryuk wasn't the best thing about the movie, he was great but he was barely in it

just because the characters didn't act like generic anime characters doesn't mean it was bad
>>
>>39463890
it's embarassing and obvious

get with the times gramps
>>
>>39463946
no one cares about human beings they want some smart fuck to impress him with his drama

normal humans are boring
>>
>>39463955
>it's embarassing and obvious
Just like me
Stay made nigger
>>
>>39463872
>>39463906
>"first half"
>>
>>39463980
stay cringe you autistic white dicklet :)
>>
>>39463427
Can't wait for the new amount of middle school children suspended "indefinitely" under american "zero tolerance" policies because they got inspired by this movie to write their bullies name in a book to blast off steam.
>>
>>39464004
not really origineno
>>
>>39463958
still doesn't make it a bad movie
the majority of great movies involve normal humans because people like watching realistic people
it makes the story way more fun and interesting to watch then generic anime hero who aren't even based on real people but other anime heroes who are themselves also based on other anime characters based on other anime characters to the point where their not interesting at all (not saying light yagami is a generic anime hero)
>>
I'd probably give it a chance if L wasn't a nigger. Absolutely retarded decision.
>>
File: 1503758759918.jpg (133KB, 1200x488px) Image search: [Google]
1503758759918.jpg
133KB, 1200x488px
threadly DN reminder
>>
>>39464021
What was so wrong during the first act?
Vvycn
>>
>>39464100
its still completely garbage without the shit idea
>>
>>39464112
>I am gay
Kek, never noticed
>>
>>39463803
Fuck weebs are so fucking disgusting. When will it be considered a mental illness
>>
>>39464100
I don't really see how that's relevant given that it's set in America, and everything else is changed too
>>
>>39463890
If I wanted a power fantasy there's the original Light, this movie's Light is "my main motivation is to get laid"
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.